1 1
SethInMI

i ordered the fly swatter

not sure if this is even getting mentioned in some other thread in SC, but we were watching the VP debate last night and a fly landed on Pense's head for a few minutes late in the debate. 
I bet it was maybe 20-30 min later that the Biden web store was selling fly swatters with the phrase "truth over flies" molded on the handle.

i was amazed the amount of work that happened in that short amount of time; they must have had a team in place ready to monetize anything that happened during that debate.

I ordered one right then (for a $10 contribution), and i hear they are sold out now. i got it just because it was so ridiculous that it was "a thing" that fast. 

56 minutes ago, SethInMI said:

i was amazed the amount of work that happened in that short amount of time; they must have had a team in place ready to monetize anything that happened during that debate.

I ordered one right then (for a $10 contribution), and i hear they are sold out now. i got it just because it was so ridiculous that it was "a thing" that fast.

Pretty easy to just make a mock-up of the slogan on the fly-swatter and then throw it up on the web. It says it usually ships within 14 days, so plenty of time to find a mfg to fulfill the order.

3 hours ago, SethInMI said:

not sure if this is even getting mentioned in some other thread in SC, but we were watching the VP debate last night and a fly landed on Pense's head for a few minutes late in the debate. 
I bet it was maybe 20-30 min later that the Biden web store was selling fly swatters with the phrase "truth over flies" molded on the handle.

Hi Seth,

I ordered this last week & am still waiting for it:  https://store.joebiden.com/I-Paid-More-In-Taxes-Than-Donald-Trump-Vinyl-Stickers-2-Pack/

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

am still waiting for it

i'm not surprised, and i am not at all confident i will get my fly swatter anytime soon. I agree with Coreece, they just came up with a design on the spot and will have to organize manufacturing and distribution. 

if i get it by the election that would be great, but i will settle for getting it by the inauguration / secession / civil war or whatever next January brings.

3 hours ago, SethInMI said:

i'm not surprised, and i am not at all confident i will get my fly swatter anytime soon. I agree with Coreece, they just came up with a design on the spot and will have to organize manufacturing and distribution. 

if i get it by the election that would be great, but i will settle for getting it by the inauguration / secession / civil war or whatever next January brings.

Get used to those broken promises from Biden's camp.

43 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Get used to those broken promises from Biden's camp.

There will be far fewer of them than from Trump, period. You’ll most likely find some, but try taking a count of how many from Biden vs how many from Trump. 
Wendy P. 

6 minutes ago, lummy said:

How's that wall  coming along?

The same way the debt is coming along.

In 2016 Trump said he would get the debt to zero in eight years.   When he started as president our deficit was $585 billion.  You would, of course, have to get that to zero and then have it go the other direction (into a surplus) to make that happen.  You would need a significant surplus to even keep the debt increase to zero.

Today the deficit is $3153 billion and heading higher.  And for the first time since 1946, the debt is going to be larger than the entire US GDP.

So as a country we will be wall-less, sick - and broke.  

And to think some people want four more years of this.

10 minutes ago, billvon said:

The same way the debt is coming along.

In 2016 Trump said he would get the debt to zero in eight years.   When he started as president our deficit was $585 billion.  You would, of course, have to get that to zero and then have it go the other direction (into a surplus) to make that happen.  You would need a significant surplus to even keep the debt increase to zero.

Today the deficit is $3153 billion and heading higher.  And for the first time since 1946, the debt is going to be larger than the entire US GDP.

So as a country we will be wall-less, sick - and broke.  

And to think some people want four more years of this.

Blew threw daddy's money

Blew through Hollywood's money

Blew through tax payer's money

Republicans: really great to have such a strong businessman as our President.