1 1
RobertMBlevins

Trump Tests Positive for Covid-19

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

No, you don't understand. There are a bunch of people saying it's impossible to tell if Trump is recovered enough to go home yet. The course of a significant number of serious cases requiring intensive care is for patients to rapidly deteriorate around a week after first developing symptoms despite having seemed to be recovering well from a mild case.

The Lincoln Project postulates a timeline that Trump was tested positive on Wednesday, prior to Hope Hicks, and began treatment on Thursday, the day Hope was diagnosed.   If he really was getting tested daily, that would be more in keeping with having symptoms on Friday.  i.e., there is typically more that one day between testing positive and having symptoms.  

https://youtu.be/1rG_OoKO_D0?t=632

Well, when the White House sends people out to rallies or whatever, they're not sending their best.  They're sending people that have a lot of problems, and they're bringing those problems with them. They're bringing disease. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

• Like 2

(edited)

I don't wish Covid-19 on anybody. But because of everything that has happened this week, it's time for Republicans to check into the Reality Hotel, top floor, penthouse suite. Here is what has happened in the last 24 hours that spells D-O-O-M for them at the election...and finally is bringing people to action, especially when November 3rd arrives:

1) Trump directed Republicans today to abandon all negotiations regarding the latest Covid relief package, saying they can take up the issue again after he wins the election. (The underlined bit is a Trump quote.) He added he wanted Republicans to skip the relief for now, and confirm his Supreme Court nominee instead. 

2) This disappointed a LOT of people, including certain schools, hospitals, and whoever and whatever is involved in receiving help through the relief package. 

3) Within a couple of hours of this announcement, so many people tried registering to vote in Florida, that the website crashed and an announcement was made that the time to register will now be extended. 

4) In five key battleground states, including Florida, instant polling showed that older voters were now deserting Trump in droves. The issue they named most was Trump's dumping of the negotiations. 66% of those polled were against the idea of Trump abandoning all possible relief assistance until after the election. 

5) There have been some warnings issued about possible violence on Election Day. 

6) My personal prediction is that voters are now going to turn out in numbers never before seen in recent history, and vote themselves right into both a Democratic President, as well as a Democrat controlled Senate. 

7) This scenario may not be perfect, but I think most Americans will see it as better than the unbelievable nightmare that is going now. 

8) Trump also tells another Big Lie today: He says about 100,000 people a year die from the flu anyway, so Covid is no reason to panic, and that the death rate from Covid and 'normal' flu is about the same. The TRUTH is that about 38,000,000 people get the flu every year in the US and of those, 22,000 people die from it, mostly the elderly or those with serious underlying conditions related to breathing or heart problems. With Covid, there have been 7,500,000 cases and 200,000 deaths. (approximately) Using that formula, if the US had 38 million people infected with Covid at the present rate, over a million Americans would be dead from it by now....NOT 22,000 as the flu does now. Trump is full of it, and Covid is MUCH more dangerous. 

(By the way...the term 'The Big Lie' was invented by Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels. His theory was that if you tell a big enough lie...that people will believe THAT much more easily than they will a number of smaller lies.) 

I'm tossing out some unsolicited advice. 

• If you still have a day job, make preparations NOW to take off work both Election Day and the day afterward. 
  • If your state does mail-in voting like mine does, fill out your ballot the second you get it, and take it in person to your closest ballot drop-off box. Don't wait. 
  • If your state does NOT do mail in voting, then prepare to stand in line and do your civic duty no matter WHAT. I won't tell you who to vote for. Just make sure you DO vote, and I don't care if you have to stand there in line until the sun comes up. 
  • This is why I said you should take both Election Day off work, and the next day too. Just in case.
Edited by RobertMBlevins
  • Like 2

(edited)
5 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

1) Trump directed Republicans today to abandon all negotiations regarding the latest Covid relief package, saying they can take up the issue again after he wins the election. (The underlined bit is a Trump quote.) He added he wanted Republicans to skip the relief for now, and confirm his Supreme Court nominee instead. 

I dont understand his reasoning on this one. Like if Trump is not reelected you think Biden wont in a heartbeat pass some legislature to help americans? Come on, Biden is a dem, of course he would be way more onboard with passing legislature to help Americans than any Republican would. That logic doesent make sense. Biden would happily pass the legislature--we dont need Trump to do that.

Edited by Westerly

1 minute ago, Westerly said:

I dont understand his reasoning on this one. Like if Trump is not reelected you think Biden wont in a heartbeat pass some legislature to help americans? Come on, Biden is a dem, of course he would be way more onboard with passing legislature to help Americans than any Republican would. That logic doesent make sense. Biden would happily pass the legislature--we dont need Trump to do that.

The reasoning is simple. The US is in the hands of a madman.

1 minute ago, Westerly said:

Paraphrasing a comment seen on Twitter a few minutes ago:

"To be this politically inept requires serious effort."

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Westerly said:

All of what you say is true. Trump doesn't deal in logic, though. 

The problem is...and why voters are now dumping Trump and his cronies in ever-greater numbers...is because now they see there will no help before Christmas, and probably nothing until after January. Biden, should he be elected, wouldn't take office until late January. Trump just pulled out the rug on the entire country and guaranteed millions of families a bleak Christmas, little to no help from unemployment, and certainly many more deaths. 

As an added bonus, virtually all the extensions regarding inability to pay rent will end by Dec 31. Without some assistance, at least a few million American families will be tossed out into the street via evictions right after the Christmas holiday. Merry Christmas from the White House. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

All of what you say is true. Trump doesn't deal in logic, though. 

The problem is...and why voters are now dumping Trump and his cronies in ever-greater numbers...is because now they see there will no help before Christmas, and probably nothing until after January. Biden, should he be elected, wouldn't take office until late January. Trump just pulled out the rug on the entire country and guaranteed millions of families a bleak Christmas, little to no help from unemployment, and certainly many more deaths. 

As an added bonus, virtually all the extensions regarding inability to pay rent will end by Dec 31. Without some assistance, at least a few million American families will be tossed out into the street via evictions right after the Christmas holiday. Merry Christmas from the White House. 

He's as mad as mad Jack McMad. Deranged behaviour.

He's not just shooting himself in the foot, he's machine gunning both legs off. His base are going to feel it badly, and the GOP senate race has just been torpedoed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, obelixtim said:

He's as mad as mad Jack McMad. Deranged behaviour.

He's not just shooting himself in the foot, he's machine gunning both legs off. His base are going to feel it badly, and the GOP senate race has just been torpedoed. 

Beau thinks Trump may be off his head from his illness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=visSYGjQgow

25 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 05.57.21.png

I just saw that apparently he stopped so low as to deny his own grandmother had died from Covid, despite it being listed on her death certificate. If he does get a serious case I can imagine him carrying on like the black knight, being wheeled around in a ventilator while whoever’s left in the press office insists it’s only a flesh wound.

21 minutes ago, jakee said:

I just saw that apparently he stopped so low as to deny his own grandmother had died from Covid, despite it being listed on her death certificate. If he does get a serious case I can imagine him carrying on like the black knight, being wheeled around in a ventilator while whoever’s left in the press office insists it’s only a flesh wound.

While he is undoubtedly the source of the worst political ideologies of trump. The sole survivor of the original gang of delinquent advisors. Which is worse Miller or his mouthpiece and hangman, trump.

27 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

While he is undoubtedly the source of the worst political ideologies of trump. The sole survivor of the original gang of delinquent advisors. Which is worse Miller or his mouthpiece and hangman, trump.

For me, I dislike Trump. I absolutely hate Miller.

(edited)
7 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Beau thinks Trump may be off his head from his illness.

Beau's complete thought:-  Trump has taken leave of his senses or he no longer wants to win .

I recall that many people felt that he didn't want to win in 2016 either.

Edited by Erroll