1 1
RobertMBlevins

Trump Tests Positive for Covid-19

6 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I guess I'm not surprised that some of you are thrilled over the possibility of Trump dying of Covid.

No matter what he dies of, on the day he dies the world will become a better place. I would feel sort of the same as I felt on the day bin Laden died.

• Like 2

Trump isn't in the same category with Bin Laden or Stalin or Hitler. Really. He's an attention-loving self-focused attention whore with a shitload of money and zero empathy. Somehow he used that to get to President, and eventually he'll be a case study, kind of like Berlusconi. Doesn't mean I think he's doing a good job, just that hyperbole doesn't help.

The US was never going to be awesome at COVID, simply because there are too many "fuck you I got mine" people out there already, and too many rugged individualists who think that they would be best in this world as cowboys. Well, until they realized that meant seeing a whore once a month, and probably dying in a work accident.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I guess I'm not surprised that some of you are thrilled over the possibility of Trump dying of Covid.

Hi airdvr,

In case you missed it earlier:   'I wish Trump and his wife the same amount of sympathy and compassion that they’ve shown others...'

Jerry Baumchen

18 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Trump isn't in the same category with Bin Laden or Stalin or Hitler.

He hasn't been able to kill as many people yet. There is no doubt that if left to his own devices he would quickly get to that same level.

(edited)
45 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

He hasn't been able to kill as many people yet. There is no doubt that if left to his own devices he would quickly get to that same level.

He has certainly beaten Bin Laden's 10,000 more or less killed. I don't think he will beat Mao's 42.5 million deaths, Hitler's 30 million.

Berlusconi never started any wars, never used lies to kill his own people in order to stay in power. his one conviction of tax fraud cost him four years(reduced to one) in the slammer. Which just goes to show how impotent and corrupt US law is. trump has two tax fraud convictions and still doesn't have a felony. He escaped the trump University scam without criminal prosecution.

No Berlusconi is a choir boy next to trump: "However, he estimated back in 2009 that he had spent more than $200m in legal fees over two decades, with more than 2,500 court appearances in 106 trials.". As compared to trump's 3,500 lawsuits.

Below from the American Bar Association Journal, April 20, 2020,:

"Former federal prosecutor and author James D. Zirin illuminates more than 45 years of Trump’s legal disputes in his new book, Plaintiff in Chief: A Portrait of Donald Trump in 3,500 Lawsuits, published in September 2019.

As a federal prosecutor, Zirin spent decades handling complex litigation. He’s also a self-described “middle-of-the-road Republican.” Plaintiff in Chief is not a partisan screed but a carefully documented legal study.

In his book, Zirin scrupulously details Trump’s life in courts of law. Based on more than three years of extensive research, the book examines illustrative cases and how they reflect on the character and moral perspective of the current president. Zirin references page after page of court records and other evidence to illustrate Trump’s legal maneuvering.

As Zirin points out, Trump learned how to use the law from his mentor, notorious lawyer Roy Cohn. Trump took Cohn’s scorched-earth strategy to heart.

“Trump saw litigation as being only about winning,” Zirin writes. “He sued at the drop of a hat. He sued for sport; he sued to achieve control; and he sued to make a point. He sued as a means of destroying or silencing those who crossed him. He became a plaintiff in chief.”

Zirin argues that Trump has shown a chronic scorn for the law. “All this aberrant behavior would be problematic in a businessman,” he writes. “But the implications of such conduct in a man who is the president of the United States are nothing less than terrifying...

Cohn had a different recipe for going forward. He liked to beat the system. He’d been indicted three times by the legendary prosecutor Robert M. Morgenthau, and he’d been acquitted three times. Cohn’s recipe was fight, and he taught Trump the tools he used. No. 1 is if you’re charged with anything, counterattack. Rule No. 2 is if you’re charged with anything, try to undermine your adversary. Rule No. 3 is work the press. Rule No. 4 is lie. It doesn’t matter how tall a tale it is, but repeat it again and again. Rule No. 5 is settle the case, claim victory and go home. And that’s exactly what happened in the race discrimination case.

Edited by Phil1111

11 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Below from the American Bar Association Journal, April 20, 2020,:

"Former federal prosecutor and author James D. Zirin illuminates more than 45 years of Trump’s legal disputes in his new book, Plaintiff in Chief: A Portrait of Donald Trump in 3,500 Lawsuits, published in September 2019.

As a federal prosecutor, Zirin spent decades handling complex litigation. He’s also a self-described “middle-of-the-road Republican.” Plaintiff in Chief is not a partisan screed but a carefully documented legal study.

In his book, Zirin scrupulously details Trump’s life in courts of law. Based on more than three years of extensive research, the book examines illustrative cases and how they reflect on the character and moral perspective of the current president. Zirin references page after page of court records and other evidence to illustrate Trump’s legal maneuvering.

As Zirin points out, Trump learned how to use the law from his mentor, notorious lawyer Roy Cohn. Trump took Cohn’s scorched-earth strategy to heart.

“Trump saw litigation as being only about winning,” Zirin writes. “He sued at the drop of a hat. He sued for sport; he sued to achieve control; and he sued to make a point. He sued as a means of destroying or silencing those who crossed him. He became a plaintiff in chief.”

Zirin argues that Trump has shown a chronic scorn for the law. “All this aberrant behavior would be problematic in a businessman,” he writes. “But the implications of such conduct in a man who is the president of the United States are nothing less than terrifying...

Cohn had a different recipe for going forward. He liked to beat the system. He’d been indicted three times by the legendary prosecutor Robert M. Morgenthau, and he’d been acquitted three times. Cohn’s recipe was fight, and he taught Trump the tools he used. No. 1 is if you’re charged with anything, counterattack. Rule No. 2 is if you’re charged with anything, try to undermine your adversary. Rule No. 3 is work the press. Rule No. 4 is lie. It doesn’t matter how tall a tale it is, but repeat it again and again. Rule No. 5 is settle the case, claim victory and go home. And that’s exactly what happened in the race discrimination case.

Hi Phil,

Change Trump to Smith & change Cohn to Jones, then print that out & show it to 100 Trump supporters.  My bet is that they would condemn anyone who would do such a thing.

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Trump isn't in the same category with Bin Laden or Stalin or Hitler. Really. He's an attention-loving self-focused attention whore with a shitload of money and zero empathy.

Do we? We know he has a shitload of debt, but until we see a tally of the value of his assets, we don't even know if he has enough assets to liquidate to cover those debts.

I think there's a non zero possibility he's faking it.

The possibility I see is that he heard about Hope Hicks testing positive and realized that this could solve a lot of his problems:

1) He won't have to do another debate, considering the last one went poorly for him.  Even among his inner circle, the best anyone has said off-record about the debate is that "it didn't move the needle."   And he can use COVID as an excuse to avoid at least the next one.
2) He can lay low for a while then come out saying "Fully recovered!  Used choroquine!  Hateful Dems don't want you to know about it!  They want Americans to die so they win the election."  By "recovering" he can prove he was right all along.
3) He can use the incident to "prove" that COVID-19 isn't that bad, and the panic is all a big media hoax.
4) He can use the incident to "prove" that masks don't work, by claiming everyone was wearing masks 100% when he became infected.
5) He can use the incident to make himself an expert on COVID-19 because he's had it - and don't you want a COVID expert as president?
6) He gets the sympathy vote - and more importantly the 24/7 news coverage that he is addicted to.

The probability of this is low, mainly because he's just not that organized.  But it's not zero.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

5) He can use the incident to make himself an expert on COVID-19 because he's had it - and don't you want a COVID expert as president?

If he wanted to present as an expert he'd just claim his uncle had it.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

The probability of this is low, mainly because he's just not that organized.  But it's not zero.

He's not, but he has minions who are emphatically that venal and manipulative, who are also organized.

Wendy P.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Do we? We know he has a shitload of debt, but until we see a tally of the value of his assets, we don't even know if he has enough assets to liquidate to cover those debts.

The reported most recent income was $7.5 million which would indicate about $100 million at work. i.e. a 7.5% return on investment in a year(2017) in which the NYSE returned 21.8%. Surely he is not so bad at business to only get a 7.5% return on only $40 million of invested capital!

That would mean that he had pissed away $360 million of his "The Apprentice" windfall.

Meanwhile President Xi has sent out a message of wishes as well, but not good wishes. Chinese state media mocks Trump's positive virus test: 'Paid the price for his gamble to play down' pandemic

Edited by Phil1111

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-elections-melania-trump-michael-pence-f6ba3a16ab9b74b161a3a7211248e97e

The president’s physician said in a memo late Friday that Trump received a dose of an experimental antibody cocktail by Regeneron that is in clinical trials. Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley said Trump “remains fatigued but in good spirits” and that a team of experts was evaluating both the president and first lady in regard to next steps.

That sounds like a variation on convalescent plasma.

(edited)
9 hours ago, kallend said:

inhaler-lysol.jpg

Kallend...you are just awful, man. Oh, brother. B) I DO have to admit that is the funniest picture I have seen about that subject. 

On a side note, no...I don't believe the President is 'faking it'. Sometimes the truth is just as simple as it appears. Not like this hasn't happened before. Lots of people who ignored the warnings have gotten sick from Covid. 

It's been seven short months (seems like a lot LONGER) since Covid-19 came along. In that seven months we've already lost more than FOUR TIMES the number of citizens we lost during the seven-PLUS years of the Vietnam War. 

In a lousy seven months. And it hasn't ended yet. I'm old enough to collect Social Security. I've voted in every election since 1972. I have never seen anything like what's happening in 2020. I can't even get my brain wrapped around it sometimes. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

51 minutes ago, billvon said:

He's already an expert, on that and everything else.  He told us.

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

Fucker should have worn a mask, like Herman Cain should have.

He is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths of US citizens by virtue of incompetence, negligence, and simply not caring about anyone but himself.

On the whole I hope he lives to be totally humiliated and deservedly go down in history as the worst ever US president.  I'd like to see him led away in handcuffs, along with his enablers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kallend said:

On the whole I hope he lives to be totally humiliated and deservedly go down in history as the worst ever US president.  I'd like to see him led away in handcuffs, along with his enablers.

Hi John,

Perfect.  I could not agree more.

Jerry Baumchen

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Evidently trump is so weak he is being taken to Walter Reed. The WH medical unit has a full time staff of 22 including a full surgical suite.Which evidently is insufficient for his condition.

Yes, but are there better hair stylists at Walter Reed?

5 hours ago, billvon said:

I think there's a non zero possibility he's faking it.

The possibility I see is that he heard about Hope Hicks testing positive and realized that this could solve a lot of his problems:

1) He won't have to do another debate, considering the last one went poorly for him.  Even among his inner circle, the best anyone has said off-record about the debate is that "it didn't move the needle."   And he can use COVID as an excuse to avoid at least the next one.
2) He can lay low for a while then come out saying "Fully recovered!  Used choroquine!  Hateful Dems don't want you to know about it!  They want Americans to die so they win the election."  By "recovering" he can prove he was right all along.
3) He can use the incident to "prove" that COVID-19 isn't that bad, and the panic is all a big media hoax.
4) He can use the incident to "prove" that masks don't work, by claiming everyone was wearing masks 100% when he became infected.
6) He gets the sympathy vote - and more importantly the 24/7 news coverage that he is addicted to.

I just can't imagine that he'd be willing to sacrifice a single rally to play that kind of long game.  'Long-game" is relative, but I've not seen anything that tells me the administration is capable of thinking about what happens in 2 days let alone 2 weeks.