1 1
RobertMBlevins

Trump Tests Positive for Covid-19

Posted (edited)

Fine.jpg.b8af678f66aedbee6076d7176412753d.jpg

As many of you have heard by now, President Trump and the First Lady have both tested positive for Covid-19. 

I will ask people who comment to this thread to NOT engage in the easy attacks that would naturally pop up because of this news. 

Personally, I believe Donald Trump has ended the historical debate on which US President was the worst in our history. 

But that doesn't mean I wish physical ill on him, or his wife, even if I believed he 'deserved' it somehow, or even calling it karma. It might BE karma, I suppose, but if the President actually died from Covid-19, this would simply make things worse for this country, and could throw the November election into chaos. Try to look at the bigger picture here. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

But that doesn't mean I wish physical ill on him, or his wife, even if I believed he 'deserved' it somehow, or even calling it karma. It might BE karma, I suppose, but if the President actually died from Covid-19, this would simply make things worse for this country, and could throw the November election into chaos. Try to look at the bigger picture here. 

That'll either happen or it won't. It's not something that will be affected by political pressure. If people want to point out that it's funny that the anti-mask, anti-precaution idiot in chief put himself in danger it makes no difference either way.

It actually matters a lot, and politics is secondary. Many people have already voted. There could be 25th Amendment considerations. It could throw the election into chaos. There is much to consider here. I'm not a Trump supporter, but on the other hand I don't want him to die from the virus either. It will just make a bad situation worse. 

So, who thinks that this will have any effect at all on the mask wearing of the "fuck you, I don't want to wear a mask" constituents?   I think not, if the course of the illness is typical.  Maybe more people will, if one of them dies (almost nobody for Hope, more for Melania, and as many as 10% for Donald).

(edited)
20 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

So, who thinks that this will have any effect at all on the mask wearing of the "fuck you, I don't want to wear a mask" constituents?   I think not, if the course of the illness is typical.  Maybe more people will, if one of them dies (almost nobody for Hope, more for Melania, and as many as 10% for Donald).

I think five things will happen, assuming that Trump and his wife recover. 

First, they should hope dearly that no one they came into contact with actually dies, because this is really bad press for them. 

Second, yes...I think more people will start wearing masks. 

Third, Trump (since his own life is now at risk) will go along with his doctors and NOT demand untested treatments, as he has sometimes suggested to others. 

Fourth, no matter how it goes for Trump and Melania, they are going to lose votes and some support, especially from undecided or middle of the road Republican voters. On the flip side, and to a lesser extent, Trump will probably get a few sympathy votes. 

Lastly, everyone in America better hope he recovers, because if he doesn't we will be left with a chaotic mess even worse than the one we are enduring now. We could even be looking at a Constitutional crisis, since many people have already done early voting. 

EDIT: I wanted to toss in one more observation. This reminds me of the scene from Full Metal Jacket where they have that content meeting for Stars and Stripes. The lieutenant in charge, talking about the recent Tet Offensive by the Vietcong, says something that I think applies to all this, and to Trump as well:

"It's a big shit sandwich, and we're all gonna have to take a bite..."

Jakee: I did read your post a couple of more times. Now I get what you were saying. At first, I didn't. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

3 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

We could even be looking at a Constitutional crisis, since many people have already done early voting. 

We don't vote for President.  The states would handle how the electors vote in the electoral college.  The RNC would put up whatever candidates it chooses.  They might have something resembling the primaries of old, where the candidate was actually chosen by a coalition at the convention, rather than predetermined.  So, the wisdom of the founders in implementing the electoral college.

It isn't out of the realm of likelihood that Biden will also contract coronavirus.   Many taking precautions have, though less that those not doing so.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

We don't vote for President.  The states would handle how the electors vote in the electoral college.  The RNC would put up whatever candidates it chooses.  They might have something resembling the primaries of old, where the candidate was actually chosen by a coalition at the convention, rather than predetermined.  So, the wisdom of the founders in implementing the electoral college.

It isn't out of the realm of likelihood that Biden will also contract coronavirus.   Many taking precautions have, though less that those not doing so.

That situation is not something anyone wants. The situation you described HAS happened in presidential history, but mostly it was restricted to who was getting the nomination. (Smoke-filled room stuff occasionally happened, especially in the 19th century) Sometimes, though...what you say has actually happened. Better for everyone if Trump recovers. I am WAY NOT a Trump supporter, but neither do I wish the guy or his wife to succumb to the virus. I've seen the videos of people dying of this crap where they try to warn others, or give last-minute goodbyes to their families while the doctor or nurse holds up the smart phone for them. I wouldn't wish that scenario on my worst enemy. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
37 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I think five things will happen, assuming that Trump and his wife recover. 

I would not be at all surprised if, should they recover, Trump will brag and say stuff like "See, I told you this was no big deal - just like a little flu", or "See how strong I am - Biden wouldn't have survived".

Edited by Erroll

25 minutes ago, Erroll said:

I would not be at all surprised if, should they recover, Trump will brag and say stuff like "See, I told you this was no big deal - just like a little flu", or "See how strong I am - Biden wouldn't have survived".

At his age, this is not a given. Recovery, I mean. It's possible he would try going that route you described, should he recover, and that is a very scary thing. 

10 minutes ago, piisfish said:

I call BS and attention seeking on this one. 
and I double what Errol mentions above. 

also didn’t he say a couple of months ago that he already had been treated with hydroxichloroquine ?

I don't believe he took hydroxychloroquine. I think it was just another one of his lies to try and convince people that the drug was not harmful. 

As for him and Melania having the virus, I don't believe anything coming out of the White House at the moment. The whole administration has lied so often for Trump in the past it's next to impossible to know for certain if it is the truth or another lie. 

Let's be realistic here. Trump would be the last to admit he tested positive for the virus. Since he did, you have to believe he really DID test positive. His own doctor issued a statement about it, and even if Trump chose to lie about this or that, it is doubtful his doctor would verify his infection unless it were true. His doctor is a US Navy officer, folks. 

You have to establish at least a basic truth here. And the truth is that Trump, his wife, and at least one person who works with him has become infected. This really shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone. 

3 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Let's be realistic here. Trump would be the last to admit he tested positive for the virus. Since he did, you have to believe he really DID test positive. His own doctor issued a statement about it, and even if Trump chose to lie about this or that, it is doubtful his doctor would verify his infection unless it were true. His doctor is a US Navy officer, folks. 

You have to establish at least a basic truth here. And the truth is that Trump, his wife, and at least one person who works with him has become infected. This really shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone. 

This Doctor .  Is this the doctor you believe.

2 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

At least two of Trump’s doctors, one of them a naval officer, have lied for Trump already during his presidency. This is indisputable.

5 hours ago, jakee said:

... If people want to point out that it's funny that the anti-mask, anti-precaution idiot in chief put himself in danger it makes no difference either way.

Not funny, Just. Idiots who do hook turns in dangerous conditions and other stupid sh*t answer sooner or later.

The just reward has been delivered. His base can pray for him perhaps that, Clorox, hydroxychloroquine, etc. will save him.

Meanwhile his best buddy Putin has a ‘disinfection tunnel’ to protect him from the coronavirus. Because like the poison he uses to kill his enemies. He believes in science.

3 hours ago, ScottishJohn said:

I don't believe he took hydroxychloroquine. I think it was just another one of his lies to try and convince people that the drug was not harmful. 

As for him and Melania having the virus, I don't believe anything coming out of the White House at the moment. The whole administration has lied so often for Trump in the past it's next to impossible to know for certain if it is the truth or another lie. 

Conspiracy theory: He is faking testing positive so he can:

1. Avoid making an ass of himself at the remaining debates.

2. Pretend to recover quickly to show that COVID-19 is no worse than the flu.

Not saying I think this is true, but it would not surprise me if it was.

• Like 2

Considering Trump's exposure to so many people, it's not entirely surprising...  Nor would it be surprising if Biden caught it.

We saw a radical shift in attitude when Boris Johnson caught it and suddenly he started taking the situation FAR more seriously.  It's hard to quantify, but this likely convinced the public as well that the whole thing wasn't an enormous joke/hoax.  

That would be the best outcome here as well, although I doubt very much this will happen with Trump and the anti-mask covidiots.

Norman Ornstein, American Enterprise Institute:

@NormOrnstein

"I was there in the debate hall. The entire Trump entourage came in w masks, took them off as soon as they sat down, refused to put them on when asked by Cleveland Clinic personnel. Flouting defiantly the law & rules. And Trump shouting only 8-10 feet from Biden for 90 mins. Oy"

4 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Conspiracy theory: He is faking testing positive so he can:

1. Avoid making an ass of himself at the remaining debates.

2. Pretend to recover quickly to show that COVID-19 is no worse than the flu.

Not saying I think this is true, but it would not surprise me if it was.

1. I reckon neither he nor his supporters think he made an ass of himself during the first debate.  They probably think he crushed it & will continue to crush it in future debates...

2. This I could believe.