1 1
JoeWeber

Hope Hicks has Covid. CDC rules are that Trump should quarantine

(edited)

CNN is reporting that he is in quarantine now, awaiting testing. Nobody was notified by the WH that Hope was infected and they knew about it yesterday. Nobody on AF one, no contact tracing whatsoever.

I guess you get what you deserve if you want to associate with trump. i.e. you're on your own. This about the fourth close contact with trump regarding covid yet god has still not sown any favors on America.

Edited by Phil1111

8 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Knowing this administration, they could be lying about her having it.  Just so they could say "see, no big deal, not that easily transmitted."   You just cannot know.

Clorox on standby.

That is just unnecessary. Let's leave the baseless conspiracy theories to the dipsy doodles, O.K?

31 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Just saw a Breaking News segment, Trump and Melania have tested positive for Covid-19.

Conveniently, he can now skip the debates.  Undecided voters had him losing the first one 2:1.

In the bizarre electorate we have, this may actually get him sympathy votes.

He's not in the greatest shape, but recent data indicates obesity by itself not to be as serious of a comorbidity as it was earlier thought to be.  He obviously stumbles (physically and verbally) more than he did 4 years ago, so there may be some serious comorbidity there, but he isn't diabetic, has normal blood pressure.  He takes statins, which inhibit inflammation and can result in less severe SARS-Cov2 symptoms.  He takes finasteride for the hair growth, which is an ACE2 inhibitor, which have been shown to decrease the number of cell "docking sites" available for coronavirus attachment (side effects include erection problems, mood swings, decreased libido).  In May, he said that he is taking hydroxychloroquine; despite earlier mixed results, there was a good study of 8000+ people about 6 weeks ago that showed something like 30% lower requirement for going to intensive care, and significantly lower death rate, by using hydroxy.   He's never smoked, so I don't have any reason to think that his lungs are particularly compromised.  He takes doxycycline for rosacea, which has both anti-viral properties and anti-inflammatory ones which help prevent a "cytokine storm."    So, he takes a lot of drugs for various reasons, each of which can reduced SARS-Cov2 severity.  

I expect Melania to recover "beautifully." 

22 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I just received this from a family member:  'I wish Trump and his wife the same amount of sympathy and compassion that they’ve shown others...'

I agree 100%.

Jerry Baumchen

+1.

Karma is such a bitch.

To quote Marion Morrison: " If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough".

(edited)
6 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I just received this from a family member:  'I wish Trump and his wife the same amount of sympathy and compassion that they’ve shown others...'

I agree 100%.

Jerry Baumchen

Ditto.I feel sorry for Barron but I have no sympathy for the rest of the trump crime clan.

Just in case anyone forgets: Born: June 14, 1946. a 74-year-old person who catches the disease has a 1 in 25 risk of death

The White House Knew Trump Had Likely Been Exposed to the Virus. He Traveled and Held Events Anyway.

"It’s hard to overstate how closely Hicks works with the president and how intertwined their days reportedly are. Instead of taking precautions to protect those around him, however, Trump basically did nothing different. Instead of laying low, he traveled; instead of isolating, he met with people at campaign events; instead of protecting those around him, he knowingly risked spreading the virus further.

From WP. After White House officials learned of Hicks’s symptoms, Trump and his entourage flew Thursday to New Jersey, where he attended a fundraiser at his golf club in Bedminster and delivered a speech. Trump was in close contact with dozens of other people, including campaign supporters, at a roundtable event."

Edited by Phil1111

14 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Ditto.I feel sorry for Barron but I have no sympathy for the rest of the trump crime clan.

Just in case anyone forgets: Born: June 14, 1946. a 74-year-old person who catches the disease has a 1 in 25 risk of death

The White House Knew Trump Had Likely Been Exposed to the Virus. He Traveled and Held Events Anyway.

"It’s hard to overstate how closely Hicks works with the president and how intertwined their days reportedly are. Instead of taking precautions to protect those around him, however, Trump basically did nothing different. Instead of laying low, he traveled; instead of isolating, he met with people at campaign events; instead of protecting those around him, he knowingly risked spreading the virus further.

From WP. After White House officials learned of Hicks’s symptoms, Trump and his entourage flew Thursday to New Jersey, where he attended a fundraiser at his golf club in Bedminster and delivered a speech. Trump was in close contact with dozens of other people, including campaign supporters, at a roundtable event."

I wonder if we’ll start seeing the White Hiuse being sued for knowingly endangering people?

2 hours ago, yoink said:

I wonder if we’ll start seeing the White Hiuse being sued for knowingly endangering people?

As well as that, his arrogance and ignorance has compromised the security of the United States. Especially if Pence goes down as well. How many other key people have been exposed to the virus? The numbers of WH associates infected must surely increase. 

45 minutes ago, obelixtim said:

As well as that, his arrogance and ignorance has compromised the security of the United States. Especially if Pence goes down as well.  

Then  Pelosi takes over until January 20th.  She's capable.

45 minutes ago, obelixtim said:

How many other key people have been exposed to the virus? The numbers of WH associates infected must surely increase. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, headoverheels said:

Then  Pelosi takes over until January 20th.  She's capable.

I know Pelosi is next in line after Pence, but at the moment the leadership must be in a shambles. That is where the security of the US is compromised. And all unnecessarily so. Vlad couldn't have hoped for a better scenario regarding discord.  

I love Tom Lehrer... He's still alive, y'know, and living in Cambridge, MA. He said he just lost interest, and never did much like performing. And anyway, political satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger received the Nobel Peace Prize

Wendy P.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54401186

"US President Donald Trump's tweet on Friday confirming that he and his wife had tested positive for coronavirus shocked the world."

No. No it didn't. In fact I'd say it shocked precisely zero people who actually listened to what the experts have been saying for the last 9 months.

See, it turns out that if you don't socially distance yourself and wear masks during a highly contagious pandemic, you actually put yourself (and here's the important part) at higher risk of contracting the virus. It's not exactly rocket science.

Specifically, it's basic epidemiology.

1 hour ago, yoink said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54401186

"US President Donald Trump's tweet on Friday confirming that he and his wife had tested positive for coronavirus shocked the world."

No. No it didn't. In fact I'd say it shocked precisely zero people who actually listened to what the experts have been saying for the last 9 months.

See, it turns out that if you don't socially distance yourself and wear masks during a highly contagious pandemic, you actually put yourself (and here's the important part) at higher risk of contracting the virus. It's not exactly rocket science.

Specifically, it's basic epidemiology.

I've heard people say that nobody knows more about <rocket science/epidemiology> than Trump.  Believe me.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Chris Christie has tested positive:

Seems like almost everyone in Trump's orbit is coming down with it.

I just hope Stormy Daniels realises what a brilliant troll it would be for her to announce a positive test.

• Like 1