rudra

career options after a course from new zealand skydiving school

I am from india , just graduated .

I am willing to spend some time to get 200 Jumps in 7 Months from "New Zealand Skydiving School".

Can I get any job after this?
And can I make my way up to TI ?
Can I get work visa during/after course ?

How does it work.Please advise.

Thanks

Tandem instructors need a minimum of 500 jumps, coach rating, etc.
The NZ plan is for you to learn a variety of entry-level skills: driving students, manifest, dressing students, packing, editing video, freefall videographer, etc. ..... work at a DZ for a year ....... earn a coach rating ..... until you accumulate 500 jumps .....

Since DZ.com contributors know little about skydiving in India, you need to research DZs in India before committing to the NZ skydiving college program. You may need to work abroad for a year or two before an Indian DZ will hire you.
As for working visas in New Zealand .... ask NZ drop zone operators or college staff.

>Can I get any job after this?

Not really. You need a lot more experience/training to get any sort of job in skydiving.

>And can I make my way up to TI ?

Sure, if you work at it. But even after you graduate from the NZ course you'd be looking at about $20K in costs - gear, more jumps and courses - before you could even start competing for a job.

>Can I get work visa during/after course ?

Usually not in the US. Other places may have more lenient visa rules.

The school demands ~16000$ for course and I get only about 17-18000$ so should I work in mechanical field with my graduation (as i am a mechanical engineer )or should I work in skydiving and move up ?

Thank you

Enjoy

rudra

The school demands ~16000$ for course and I get only about 17-18000$ so should I work in mechanical field with my graduation (as i am a mechanical engineer )or should I work in skydiving and move up ?

Thank you

Enjoy

That's a no-brainer. Work as a mechanical engineer. Jump on weekends to build your skills and work towards your tandem rating. You can get there in two or three years. And still have your savings.

As I understand it, the goal of the school that you describe is to prepare you to work as a camera flyer. As a camera flyer you can get paid to make the jumps necessary to qualify for other ratings. Of course, that assumes that you have the necessary skill to do that job adequately. Depending on how fast you learn, and how high the performance expectation is at the DZ you want to work at.... you MAY or MAY NOT be ready to work as a camera flyer immediately after finishing that school.

If your goal is to be a tandem instructor, bear in mind that you MAY encounter a requirement for YEARS of experience in addition to a specific number of jumps (USA or Strong). In other words, there may be no need to "hurry" to get the jumps, since you have to put in the time anyways.

Working as an engineer full time, and jumping in your free time is a smart way to move forward. Jumping can be a low-paying and very UNreliable way to make a living. A long string of bad weather can result in weeks and weeks without many jumps. If you are relying on jumping for food and shelter, you can easily end up hungry and cold.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!