dzaccheo

Italian Skydiving Insurance

Good day good people! Haz question...

Does anyone know of insurance companies that will lend skydiving insurance to American fools such as myself who exit aircraft in flight for the hell of it?

I recently discovered, for a solo jumper to get airtime in Italy, one requires $1.5 Million dollars of coverage. Any place someone can point me to get started would be appreciated. I'm not sure how navigating insurance works, particularly if it requires a foreign insurer. I am in Sigonella through mid August and would like to get jumps before going back to Florida.

Start by contacting American insurance companies that routinely sell medical insurance or travel insurance. Ideally, you regular medical insurance company will sell you travel medical insurance for only a few more dollars on top of your regular insurance.

Italian DZs demanding proof of medical coverage is nothing new. Back during the 1980s, French DZs routinely asked for written proof of medical insurance until they realized that I was serving in the Canadian Air Force, then they expected the Canadian government to pay all my medical costs.

When I was stationed in Sicily I specifically had to have Italian insurance (I was fully covered for medical by the military). It was explained to me that it was liability mainly in case I landed off and damages someone's property and such. I purchased it at the local post office. I think it was like 15 Euros for one year.
My goal is that when all is said done I will have a big pile of well used gear and a collection of great stories.

dzaccheo

Good day good people! Haz question...

Does anyone know of insurance companies that will lend skydiving insurance to American fools such as myself who exit aircraft in flight for the hell of it?

I recently discovered, for a solo jumper to get airtime in Italy, one requires $1.5 Million dollars of coverage. Any place someone can point me to get started would be appreciated. I'm not sure how navigating insurance works, particularly if it requires a foreign insurer. I am in Sigonella through mid August and would like to get jumps before going back to Florida.

you can jump in skydivesicilia, we are 5 min drive from siracusa city
check the website

cheers

Last year i was jumping in Italy. You need to buy 3rd party liability insurance. I bought in DZ cheapest one - 90 euro for 1 year (1.5 mln euro cover).
http://www.pegasoparacadutisti.it/polizze.asp
http://www2.pianetavolo.it/upload/PARACADUTISMO_2017.pdf
Be ready also to make a visit to "sport doctor" tor medical test if DZ request it, other 50-100 euro ;)