1 1
Phil1111

Trump's taxes show chronic losses and years of tax avoidance

(edited)
On 9/29/2020 at 10:54 AM, billvon said:

If it leads to a better outcome for America as a whole, I am OK with him not going to jail.  A guilty verdict is sufficient to put an end to any question of the legality of his actions.  

How did you end up further right than me on the asshat test? I want to see him in a matching orange jumpsuit with his bald spot shining.

Edited by JoeWeber

54 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

How did you end up further right than me on the asshat test?

On here I'm considered a liberal.  On science forums I'm considered a conservative.  C'est la vie.  (<- See that's French and only liberals know French right?)

On the other hand I'm probably still more of an asshat than you.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

How did you end up further right than me on the asshat test? I want to see him in a matching orange jumpsuit with his bald spot shining.

56 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

+1 - As do I.

IMO it would be a fitting end to the worst administration in my lifetime.

Jerry Baumchen

Well I have to throw in with Joe and Jerry on this.Sorry Bill. For lack of a better term call it compassionate moderates. Why insist upon treating trump like he treated the children of immigrants by separating them from their parents unfairly.

Ivanka, Donald Jr.and Eric should not be separated from donald when they head off on their 10-30 year stretches at Rikers Island for tax fraud.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Agreed. For the simple reasons:

- No one is above the law. He has been getting away with shit his whole life, and never suffered any consequences.

- As an example for any other career criminal politicians, it needs to be shown that no matter how high an office you reach, you will still held accountable. Otherwise there is nothing to prevent the likes of McConnell from continuing to flout the constitution.

"The New York state attorney general is asking for a court to compel Eric Trump to be deposed in an investigation of the Trump Organization.

In court filings Monday, Letitia James' office said Eric Trump initially agreed to sit for a deposition on July 22, only to refuse, "balking less than two days before he was scheduled by agreement to give testimony."...

Trump's long-time tax attorney Sheri Dillon was also deposed but the state says she declined to answer certain questions.
Several Trump Organization properties' financial dealings are being scrutinized as part of the investigation including Seven Springs Estate in Westchester County, New York; 40 Wall Street, a building in Lower Manhattan; Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago; and Trump National Golf Club in Los Angeles.
The filings allege, among other things, that Trump has omitted the Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago from his financial statements since 2009, and that in 2010, Fortress Credit Corporation agreed to forgive more than $100 million of the $150 million that was owed on the loan, as part of a discounted loan prepayment agreement. The filing states that the amount of money that was forgiven "may have been a taxable event to the borrower," and part of James' investigation is to determine if Trump listed that on his tax returns."

Ah whats a little $100 million tax fraud issue for the trump clan! A drop in the bucket.