1 1
Phil1111

Trump's taxes show chronic losses and years of tax avoidance

3 minutes ago, Faicon9493 said:

To people on the deck of the SS Trump: Can't you see the iceberg?

They can, but they just think it's more proof that climate change is a Chinese hoax, and isn't it nice of Captain Trump to get us more ice for our drinks?  Surely he will steer away before it's a problem; he has a very big and good-working brain.

Trump 2011 (not a tweet surprisingly)

"I pay tax.  I pay a lot of tax. I just signed a big fat check recently for a lot of tax. I paid literally, I paid a lot of tax and you know, look, I don't mind. I'm proud to pay it up. If I owe it, I pay it."

11 minutes ago, billvon said:

"I pay tax.  I pay a lot of tax. I just signed a big fat check recently for a lot of tax. I paid literally, I paid a lot of tax and you know, look, I don't mind. I'm proud to pay it up. If I owe it, I pay it."

Must have been property tax.

31 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

The Trump base will not think less of him for avoiding taxes.

Yes, that's why it's called "the base". The point of the majority and the MSM is to keep hammering away at him to motivate the lackadaisical basically lazy and unmotivated rest of America to do their civic duty and vote for a change. Literally.

35 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

The Trump base will not think less of him for avoiding taxes.  Heck, he probably paid $750 too much.   A few will take note of his dismal business losses year after year, in the middle of the best economy of their lives, but most will pay that no mind either.

I can't say I think less of Trump for avoiding taxes. I do think less of him for evading taxes. 

The big issue here isn't even that part in my opinion. The biggest issue is the National Security threat of having somebody with that much personal debt in office.

54 minutes ago, billvon said:

Hi Bill,

My recent purchase:  https://store.joebiden.com/I-Paid-More-In-Taxes-Than-Donald-Trump-Vinyl-Stickers-2-Pack/

Jerry Baumchen

50 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Heck, he probably paid $750 too much. 

The odds that, with so many income streams and wildly varying holdings, two consecutive years would come out to the exact same figure? Fucking laughable. Someone in his team decided or was instructed to just pay "something" as a way of not completely taking the piss and paying zero. And as always, they were too lazy and unoriginal to even try and hide that it's an arbitrary number.

24 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

How badly broken is a tax system where Donald Trump can write off $70,000 for his hair, but a mechanic cannot write of the cost of tools and teachers cannot write off the cleaning supplies for extra COVID related cleaning requirements?

From Trump's perspective it's not broken at all, and is doing what it's intended to do.

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

How badly broken is a tax system where Donald Trump can write off $70,000 for his hair, but a mechanic cannot write of the cost of tools and teachers cannot write off the cleaning supplies for extra COVID related cleaning requirements?

Not sure about the teachers but I'm pretty sure a mechanic can write off the cost of tools.

And yes, the tax system in the US is rigged towards corporations.

26 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Biden's had decades to address the problem...

Biden was one of 50.  He was not in charge.  He could not change things on his own.

Next year he will be able to - and perhaps start fixing the mess the US is in now.

Let's compare that to Trump, who has been in charge for four years.  And after four years, 200,000 people are dead from a pandemic.  Race riots are out of control.  Government spending is through the roof.  Our debt is at record highs - and projected to get much worse.  The economy is tanking.  And he's STILL not paying any taxes.

You want four more years of that?  You want him to do even more - and make it that much worse?

This stinks of rotten fish:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/politics/ivanka-trump-donald-trump-tacves/index.html

"Mr. Trump reduced his taxable income by treating a family member as a consultant, and then deducting the fee as a cost of doing business.

"The 'consultants' are not identified in the tax records. But evidence of this arrangement was gleaned by comparing the confidential tax records to the financial disclosures Ivanka Trump filed when she joined the White House staff in 2017. Ms. Trump reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622, that exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization for hotel projects in Vancouver and Hawaii.
"Ms. Trump had been an executive officer of the Trump companies that received profits from and paid the consulting fees for both projects — meaning she appears to have been treated as a consultant on the same hotel deals that she helped manage as part of her job at her father's business."

I predict that, if (sorry, I meant when) Trump loses, he will issue a pardon for Ivanka and all his spawn, protecting them from Federal prosecution for tax and all other crimes.  He will, of course, claim it is only necessary because the evil Democrats are driven by hate to persecute him and his family.  He will also pardon himself, which will open up yet another constitutional can of worms.  He will be confidant that his Supreme Court picks will return the favor and cover for him, because for him the whole world is transactional and "they owe him big time".  Hopefully he will be in for a big surprise, but we will see.

6 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

I predict that, if (sorry, I meant when) Trump loses, he will issue a pardon for Ivanka and all his spawn, protecting them from Federal prosecution for tax and all other crimes.  He will, of course, claim it is only necessary because the evil Democrats are driven by hate to persecute him and his family.  He will also pardon himself, which will open up yet another constitutional can of worms.  He will be confidant that his Supreme Court picks will return the favor and cover for him, because for him the whole world is transactional and "they owe him big time".  Hopefully he will be in for a big surprise, but we will see.

I agree that he'll try that route.

However, it's become pretty clear that NY State has some significant standing as far as prosecuting his crimes (and that of his entire criminal enterprise).

Presidential pardons can't, won't & don't cover that. 

So even if federal prosecution is 'off the table', he's still facing a lot of trouble.

And the pardon rules say that 'impeachable offenses' can't be pardoned. So I think (hope) he's going to have a hard time convincing a court that he can pardon himself. 

If the GOP senators had had the intestinal fortitude to throw the bum out when they had the chance, instead of cowering in fear of his retribution, the party would be in far better shape right now and President Pence would probably be elected to his first full term.

5 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I agree that he'll try that route.

However, it's become pretty clear that NY State has some significant standing as far as prosecuting his crimes (and that of his entire criminal enterprise).

I bet AG Vance and his team are very busy right now.