2 2
Bigfalls

Presidental Debate

The NY Times Magazine had a really good article on him in April. If you have access to the Times, you can read it here . If not, holler, and I can email you a copy of it that I made for my son. Basically, he's a really, really, nice guy who works hard at what he does.

Wendy P.

5 hours ago, obelixtim said:

Was that a democrat fly? 

Last paragraph of Heather Cox Richardson's daily news summary:

Still, the biggest winner of the debate was a large fly that landed on Pence’s head and roosted in his hair for two minutes without any reaction from the candidate. The hilarity that ensued on social media—you can just imagine the commentary—quickly overrode the few memorable words of the debate, leaving us with memorable impressions alone. Before the event was over, the fly had several Twitter accounts and the Biden campaign had snapped up the “flywillvote.com” domain name.

They redirected it to a website designed to help people register to vote.

LOL! Source: https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/october-7-2020

Of course Trump is pouting. Giving Biden covid was part of his campaign strategy.

I hope they hold it anyway without Trump and just give Biden an hour and a half to answer questions on his own... and each time Biden says 'This administration has failed at x' the camera just cuts to an empty microphone for a couple of seconds.

3 minutes ago, yoink said:

Of course Trump is pouting. Giving Biden covid was part of his campaign strategy.

I hope they hold it anyway without Trump and just give Biden an hour and a half to answer questions on his own... and each time Biden says 'This administration has failed at x' the camera just cuts to an empty microphone for a couple of seconds.

The GOP can't complain, since they already did something like that.

download.jpeg

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Commission announces next debate will be virtual.

Donald is pouting, taking his ball and going home,

Donald announced in a virtual interview he doesn't agree with a virtual debate. This comes the day after the VP gushed how the President values the sanctity of life, while on a drug developed with the use of aborted fetuses.

GOP: yeah....uhhh, but....Hillary Clinton.

3 hours ago, yoink said:

Agreed, except a blow-up sex doll in Trump's chair would be a nice touch.  Maybe write "Stormy Daniels" on its forehead.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Donald announced in a virtual interview he doesn't agree with a virtual debate. This comes the day after the VP gushed how the President values the sanctity of life, while on a drug developed with the use of aborted fetuses.

GOP: yeah....uhhh, but....Hillary Clinton.

Hi Sky,

Typical Trump:  'If I can't be the center of attention, then I am taking my ball and going home.'

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

Since the second debate got cancelled due to Trump's CV-19, Joe Biden decided to do a Town Hall.

My local ABC tv affiliate is showing Biden's Town hall at 6 PM ( a 2-hr event ) this evening.  No other local channel is showing it.

And here is the rub, my local NBC tv affiliate is now showing a Trump Town Hall at 8 PM ( a 1-hr event ).

One has to wonder which will be more entertaining.

I seriously doubt that either event will change any voters.

Jerry Baumchen