2 2
Bigfalls

Presidental Debate

I honestly don’t see the point between these two.

Jerry called it ages ago. This election isn’t about issues or mental acuity. It’s a referendum on Trump. I seriously doubt the debate will sway a significant portion of voters.

1 hour ago, Bigfalls said:

I am afraid that Biden will embarrass himself.

Both will embarrass themselves according to the other side.  Biden will list policy objective and stumble over a few words, so Trump supporters will say he's senile.  Trump will launch attack after attack and lie after lie and struggle to walk - and Biden supporters will say he's losing it.  And nothing will change.

54 minutes ago, billvon said:

Both will embarrass themselves according to the other side.  Biden will list policy objective and stumble over a few words, so Trump supporters will say he's senile.  Trump will launch attack after attack and lie after lie and struggle to walk - and Biden supporters will say he's losing it.  And nothing will change.

Some people are saying Trump has been practicing walking. down a ramp while simultaneously drinking water...with one hand!  Now how is Biden going to op that?

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Some people are saying Trump has been practicing walking. down a ramp while simultaneously drinking water...with one hand!  Now how is Biden going to op that?

I hope Biden's prompter and phone don't go out - That would be a disaster.

I hope he remembers all the questions in the right order too.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Don't bet your solar panels on it. I'm thinking (hoping, projecting, puckering) that Biden might come out of the gate hard. And I'm not thinking a "there you go again" schtick. I'm thinking calling him out for lies and looking for the moderators to do their damn jobs. I'm not talking about the mods here, for Christs sake. Stay chill.

6 minutes ago, ryoder said:

slj-debate-mod.jpg

That could be fun.

I'd kind of like to see a 'game show' style score counter above each candidate. Each time they tell a verifiable lie, it goes "DING" and the number goes up. 

If the town halls from a couple weeks ago are any indication, Trump will have much more difficulty than Biden handling questions where the answer makes him look anything but 'perfect'. 

Also, while it won't actually happen, I'd like to see Biden call out Trump every time he speaks out of turn or goes over. Something along the lines of "Did you forget the rules already, or do you think you don't have to follow them any more than you think you have to follow any other rules?"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

That could be fun.

I'd kind of like to see a 'game show' style score counter above each candidate. Each time they tell a verifiable lie, it goes "DING" and the number goes up. 

If the town halls from a couple weeks ago are any indication, Trump will have much more difficulty than Biden handling questions where the answer makes him look anything but 'perfect'. 

Also, while it won't actually happen, I'd like to see Biden call out Trump every time he speaks out of turn or goes over. Something along the lines of "Did you forget the rules already, or do you think you don't have to follow them any more than you think you have to follow any other rules?"

What about when Biden forgets his lines?

30 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Well, if he answers the question cogently and with no lies, then it doesn’t matter if it’s “what he prepped,” does it?

Wendy P. 

Far better to be prepped with the truth than to make up a lie on the spot like Trump does.

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

That could be fun.

Hi Joe,

I agree.  However, I doubt this will happen with Chris Wallace as the moderator.  He's just too Fox News for me.

I would like to be wrong on this one.

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Well, if he answers the question cogently and with no lies, then it doesn’t matter if it’s “what he prepped,” does it?

Wendy P. 

Would you believe that I'm actually hoping for him to do well?

BTW - The "lines" comment was a throw back to when the questions were given to one camp, but not the other . . .

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

I agree.  However, I doubt this will happen with Chris Wallace as the moderator.  He's just too Fox News for me.

Jerry Baumchen

I want you to be wrong. I want him be firm with Trump and Wallace. I want him to call Trump out on his lies and tell him to quit bullshitting using the word. I want him to call out the moderation if they are allowing Trump to lie and bullshit. I want him to come unglued the first time Trump uses one of his childish nick names for anyone. I want him to be in charge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

I want you to be wrong. I want him be firm with Trump and Wallace. I want him to call Trump out on his lies and tell him to quit bullshitting using the word. I want him to call out the moderation if they are allowing Trump to lie and bullshit. I want him to come unglued the first time Trump uses one of his childish nick names for anyone. I want him to be in charge.

That's not his nature.

You are wanting him to be something he's not.

Maybe Kamala can lead him.

Edited by turtlespeed

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Maybe. You seem very scared of strong, capable women. 

There is a strong possibility of her becoming POTUS one day. As if BHO wasn't a strong enough disruption in the natural order of things. Does turtle hair burn or melt?

23 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

Well, maybe I am wrong:  'Wallace, who had a long career at other broadcasters including NBC and ABC before joining Fox in 2003, burnished his long standing reputation for fair treatment of both sides of the US political aisle in 2016, when he became the first Fox News anchor to host a presidential debate.'

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54315285

Jerry Baumchen

I’m surprised no one has posted since the debate began, so I’ll start.

I was impressed by how Joe Biden kept his cool. I wasn’t surprised by the president’s behavior (but was disgusted).

And though I couldn’t stand to listen continuously (had to keep coming back to it), I was pleased that Chris Wallace at least made a valiant attempt to hold them both accountable to the rules (one needed it more than the other, of course). If this happens in the next debate, I would like to see the moderator just turn off the offender’s microphone and allow the candidate who holds the floor to have their time uninterrupted.

So — discuss!

• Like 1