malarame

Naming your canopy

Ying Yang might be a good name, and also a good symbol for artwork on it.

You bitch pack me, I bitch open on you.
You pack me nice, I open for you nice.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Sadly, it doesn't often work like this. Some of my best openings on a Lightning (quick and on-heading) have been packed in under 10 minutes. Some of the worst were when I spend 30+ minutes to iron out all the creases before gently sliding it in. Bloody thing...

Sadly, it doesn't often work like this. Some of my best openings on a Lightning (quick and on-heading) have been packed in under 10 minutes. Some of the worst were when I spend 30+ minutes to iron out all the creases before gently sliding it in. Bloody thing...

if you spend 30+ minutes packing...you SHOULD get smacked! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I started naming my canopies when I bought my first Velocity.
As it was going to be a more groundhungry speedy monster than everything I flew before that, I called it "Fluffy", the Idea was that a canopy with such a sweet name wouldn't try to hurt me.
Then I bought a Velo 96, a yellow one with one red cell at the end and PERFORMANCE DESIGNS in giant screaming letters on the bottom skin. I called that one "Spam"Then I bought An Icarus FX, by chance it had exactly the same colour scheme as my girlfriends Spectre 150, she calls her canopy "Nacho", so I called mine "Hermanito" (little brother).

I recently bought a brand spanking new JFX, colour picked and all that, I also recently became a father, the first day with the new canopy at the dropzone I was talking to someone about the Maxi-Cosi (a brand of baby car seats), when someone else asked: What size is it (referring to my canopy), So my latest canopy is called "Maxy-Cosi 94".

Seriously dudes, name your canopies, they'll open way nicer.
Telling them sweet things during the opening sequence also helps! (This is a truth people like Flight 1 and Brian Germain are trying to keep from you!)
"Don't make me come down there" - God.

My site:http://www.skystudio.nl/video.html
Some of my vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/TomSkyStudio

sorta newbie here ^_^. I used to take 45+ minutes to pack when I first started learning it (could have something to do with the fact that it was a brand-spanking new rental spectre 210, more slippery than an eel). Nowadays, I usually take 15-20 minutes depending on the canopy (I'm actually better at free-packing a tailpocket lightning than pro-packing my Silhouette) and the weather. If there's a hole in the clouds approaching, I manage to pack it

sorta newbie here ^_^. I used to take 45+ minutes to pack when I first started learning it (could have something to do with the fact that it was a brand-spanking new rental spectre 210, more slippery than an eel). Nowadays, I usually take 15-20 minutes depending on the canopy (I'm actually better at free-packing a tailpocket lightning than pro-packing my Silhouette) and the weather. If there's a hole in the clouds approaching, I manage to pack it

Just remember - the longer ya take to pack, the longer it takes to open! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Like that streamer you managed to pack into your lightning? :ph34r::ph34r:
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Just remember - the longer ya take to pack, the longer it takes to open! ;)

this is the motto i use for packing my BASE rig. :S

I don't think it's crazy, since I've always had names for my canopies - although I have gotten a few reactions to it ;-)

My storm 120 is named Stella, my VK90 is Vilja (Scandinavian name meaning willpower) and my VK75 is Vimse which again is a Scandinavian name, which can be roughly translated to fluttery.

Not crazy at all, Sharky is living in Clara and Miss Yellowpenny in Julia right now. So far they have gotten along quite well B|

Anybody that does not name his or her canopy and/or rig doesn't take the sport seriously imo :P

-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends