1 1
Phil1111

For the Trumps, “fraud was not just the family business — it was a way of life.”

Recommended Posts

Thats the first sentence of a new statement of claim made by Mary Trump against Donald trump for actions to defraud her of her rightful share of their fathers inheritance.

"The suit, filed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, accused Mr. Trump, his sister Maryanne Trump Barry and their brother Robert Trump, who died in August, of fraud and civil conspiracy. It seeks to recover the millions of dollars Ms. Trump claims to have lost.... Beginning in the 1980s, the suit contends, the president and his siblings took control of the New York City real estate empire their father, Fred Trump Sr., had built and “exploited it to enrich themselves” to the detriment of everyone around them."

One way or another the discovery process will lay bare Donald trumps history of fraud and obstruction within trump enterprises.

Edited by Phil1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Meh...I think all of the uber-rich have constant legal problems.  Money doesn't necessarily make you happy.

Many of them have constant legal problems because they broke the law to gain their wealth.

Or to keep it.

Or they simply think they are rich enough that they don't have to obey the law. 

Leona Helmsley & Martha Stewart come to mind.

 

OTOH, Bill Gates seems to be reasonably 'legal entanglement' free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Meh...I think all of the uber-rich have constant legal problems.  Money doesn't necessarily make you happy.

Most of them don't.  You only hear about the ones that do in the media, because "rich tycoon takes vacation with no problems" really doesn't get any views.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
6 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

....One way or another the discovery process will lay bare Donald trumps history of fraud and obstruction within trump enterprises.

If there's one thing we should all know by now, that is that it won't change a thing.

Edited by NewGuy2005

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Meh...I think all of the uber-rich have constant legal problems.  Money doesn't necessarily make you happy.

You can't know about uber-rich legal problems so you are just projecting for obvious reasons. As for money and happiness, life is complicated and not all things can be solved with money. It often seems that only people without it equate it to happiness. In reality it's just a battery that stores opportunity. Taking advantage of those opportunities can definitely make you happy, at least for a while. Then it's back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

... As for money and happiness, life is complicated and not all things can be solved with money. It often seems that only people without it equate it to happiness. In reality it's just a battery that stores opportunity. Taking advantage of those opportunities can definitely make you happy, at least for a while. Then it's back to normal.

Money can't buy happiness.

But it CAN  buy jump tickets. ;P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Money can't buy happiness.

But it CAN  buy jump tickets. ;P

"They say money can't buy happiness; But it can buy a jet ski. Ever see a sad person on a jet ski?"

-- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Hi Jerry,

 

Afraid not.

I gotta buy jump tickets, good coffee, Porsche parts and make donations to a cat rescue - https://www.safehavenpet.org/

Hi Joe,

I looked this one yesterday; these days I'm too old to take on this type of project.  But it would be fun to do.

Jerry Baumchen

x-1.jpg

x-2.jpg

Edited by JerryBaumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my. 

That model/vintage is the sort where a pile of rust with a VIN plate & a valid title is worth serious money.


Original condition ones go for well into 7 figures.

Well out of my 'happiness potential'. 

 

I've got an 83 944 and an 85 928. Neither is worth a whole lot. But that means I can drive them and enjoy them and not worry about risking my retirement when I park at a grocery store. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in July I encountered a caravan of antique Porsche's on Guanella Pass. Video wasn't the greatest. (I was still sorting out a shock-absorbing mount on the rear camera.) But then I found them again, parked in Georgetown:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Back in July I encountered a caravan of antique Porsche's on Guanella Pass. Video wasn't the greatest. (I was still sorting out a shock-absorbing mount on the rear camera.) But then I found them again, parked in Georgetown:

 

Hi Robert,

Here is a photo of my first one.

Those guys probably belonged to this organization:  https://porsche356registry.org/

Jerry Baumchen

356A-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Oh my. 

That model/vintage is the sort where a pile of rust with a VIN plate & a valid title is worth serious money.


Original condition ones go for well into 7 figures.

Well out of my 'happiness potential'. 

 

I've got an 83 944 and an 85 928. Neither is worth a whole lot. But that means I can drive them and enjoy them and not worry about risking my retirement when I park at a grocery store. 

Hi Joe,

Re:  'Well out of my 'happiness potential'. 

Mine also.  That one is currently for sale for $40.000.  IMO a little high; but, it would take about another $80k to make it a nice one.  I have run the numbers.

Jerry Baumchen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh please. I bought a Chev Blazer brand new in 97. 

I replaced it with the Cayenne in 2015. I paid less to acquire the three in the pic (total) than I did for the Blazer. 

Doesn't change the fact that there's about $190k in new purchase price in that pic. 
But I didn't pay it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 7:01 PM, turtlespeed said:

AND . . .  you generally don't attend many protests and do the looting.:halo:

Just like the 99.9% that attend protests and "don't do the looting".

Crazy thing this right to free speech and right to peaceful assembly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

1 1