1 1
Phil1111

For the Trumps, “fraud was not just the family business — it was a way of life.”

Thats the first sentence of a new statement of claim made by Mary Trump against Donald trump for actions to defraud her of her rightful share of their fathers inheritance.

"The suit, filed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, accused Mr. Trump, his sister Maryanne Trump Barry and their brother Robert Trump, who died in August, of fraud and civil conspiracy. It seeks to recover the millions of dollars Ms. Trump claims to have lost.... Beginning in the 1980s, the suit contends, the president and his siblings took control of the New York City real estate empire their father, Fred Trump Sr., had built and “exploited it to enrich themselves” to the detriment of everyone around them."

One way or another the discovery process will lay bare Donald trumps history of fraud and obstruction within trump enterprises.

Edited by Phil1111

56 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Meh...I think all of the uber-rich have constant legal problems.  Money doesn't necessarily make you happy.

Many of them have constant legal problems because they broke the law to gain their wealth.

Or to keep it.

Or they simply think they are rich enough that they don't have to obey the law. 

Leona Helmsley & Martha Stewart come to mind.

OTOH, Bill Gates seems to be reasonably 'legal entanglement' free.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Meh...I think all of the uber-rich have constant legal problems.  Money doesn't necessarily make you happy.

Most of them don't.  You only hear about the ones that do in the media, because "rich tycoon takes vacation with no problems" really doesn't get any views.

6 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

....One way or another the discovery process will lay bare Donald trumps history of fraud and obstruction within trump enterprises.

If there's one thing we should all know by now, that is that it won't change a thing.

Edited by NewGuy2005

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

You can't know about uber-rich legal problems so you are just projecting for obvious reasons. As for money and happiness, life is complicated and not all things can be solved with money. It often seems that only people without it equate it to happiness. In reality it's just a battery that stores opportunity. Taking advantage of those opportunities can definitely make you happy, at least for a while. Then it's back to normal.

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

... As for money and happiness, life is complicated and not all things can be solved with money. It often seems that only people without it equate it to happiness. In reality it's just a battery that stores opportunity. Taking advantage of those opportunities can definitely make you happy, at least for a while. Then it's back to normal.

Money can't buy happiness.

But it CAN  buy jump tickets. ;P

5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Re:  'Money can't buy happiness.'

How about you let me decide that?

You can make the check out to G A Baumchen.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

Afraid not.

I gotta buy jump tickets, good coffee, Porsche parts and make donations to a cat rescue - https://www.safehavenpet.org/

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Hi Jerry,

Afraid not.

I gotta buy jump tickets, good coffee, Porsche parts and make donations to a cat rescue - https://www.safehavenpet.org/

Hi Joe,

I looked this one yesterday; these days I'm too old to take on this type of project.  But it would be fun to do.

Jerry Baumchen

x-1.jpg

x-2.jpg

Edited by JerryBaumchen

Oh my. 

That model/vintage is the sort where a pile of rust with a VIN plate & a valid title is worth serious money.

Original condition ones go for well into 7 figures.

Well out of my 'happiness potential'. 

I've got an 83 944 and an 85 928. Neither is worth a whole lot. But that means I can drive them and enjoy them and not worry about risking my retirement when I park at a grocery store. 

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Back in July I encountered a caravan of antique Porsche's on Guanella Pass. Video wasn't the greatest. (I was still sorting out a shock-absorbing mount on the rear camera.) But then I found them again, parked in Georgetown:

Hi Robert,

Here is a photo of my first one.

Those guys probably belonged to this organization:  https://porsche356registry.org/

Jerry Baumchen

356A-1.jpg

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Oh my. 

That model/vintage is the sort where a pile of rust with a VIN plate & a valid title is worth serious money.

Original condition ones go for well into 7 figures.

Well out of my 'happiness potential'. 

I've got an 83 944 and an 85 928. Neither is worth a whole lot. But that means I can drive them and enjoy them and not worry about risking my retirement when I park at a grocery store. 

Hi Joe,

Re:  'Well out of my 'happiness potential'. 

Mine also.  That one is currently for sale for $40.000.  IMO a little high; but, it would take about another $80k to make it a nice one.  I have run the numbers.

Jerry Baumchen

On 9/25/2020 at 7:01 PM, turtlespeed said:

AND . . .  you generally don't attend many protests and do the looting.:halo:

Just like the 99.9% that attend protests and "don't do the looting".

Crazy thing this right to free speech and right to peaceful assembly.