1 1
billeisele

Supreme court nomination

6 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Not really.  I think the same voters who hate Trump also hate Barrett and vice versa.  Awful hard to believe there is an undecided voter as of this morning.

It may affect some of the senate races is more what I was thinking of. The courts have long been more important to R voters than to D voters. This event may change that somewhat and have a longer term effect.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Not really.  I think the same voters who hate Trump also hate Barrett and vice versa.  Awful hard to believe there is an undecided voter as of this morning.

While that may be true to a degree, there are 'more than a few' voters who don't like Trump but absolutely hate abortion rights.

With the SC appointment rammed through, those people no longer have any reason to vote for Trump.

(edited)
33 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Just because Pelosi didn't say it doesn't mean she doesn't have that same view.

So now what you're imagining someone might have thought (but have no evidence for) is somehow a legitimate point of discussion??

Why do you even bother posting this utter nonsense?

Edited by yoink
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, yoink said:

So now what you're imagining someone might have thought (but have no evidence for) is somehow a legitimate point of discussion??

Why do you even bother posting this utter nonsense?

Trolling is a thankless job, but apparently, someone needs to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Oh yeah...

'Cuz by trolling people into quoting him, he gets around the 'ignore' function.

I forgot about that part.

Until the Mod's stop engaging him it's life as we know it. Maybe it's time for a couple of immoderators. 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Until the Mod's stop engaging him it's life as we know it.

Wendy knows him personally I believe. Like, in real life where apparently he has friends and a much less annoying personality. Online can be deceiving at times. Things look different when you are at a keyboard typing at mostly strangers in The Matrix.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Wendy knows him personally I believe. Like, in real life where apparently he has friends and a much less annoying personality. Online can be deceiving at times. Things look different when you are at a keyboard typing at mostly strangers in The Matrix.

Then she should recuse herself :)

I hope you guys can stop with all of this “power grab” nonsense now that the election is over and things would have played out exactly as they did before the election.  Republican Senate approves Republican President’s nomination.  A whole lot of panties   were unnecessary bunched.

12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I hope you guys can stop with all of this “power grab” nonsense now that the election is over and things would have played out exactly as they did before the election.  Republican Senate approves Republican President’s nomination.  A whole lot of panties   were unnecessary bunched.

Except it looks like Biden will win.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

And after January 20, 2021 Biden will be able to try to fill any vacancy on the S.C.  but until then Trump is still President.

Of course, but the "power grab" was when the R's refused to hold hearings on the Garland nomination (10 months before the election) because "let the people decide," and then were fine with holding hearings 2 weeks ahead of this election.

Edited by headoverheels

9 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Of course, but the "power grab" was when the R's refused to hold hearings on the Garland nomination (10 months before the election) because "let the people decide," and then were fine with holding hearings 2 weeks ahead of this election.

No, that was not a “power grab” that was a power rightfully bestowed upon them by the electorate. 

56 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No, that was not a “power grab” that was a power rightfully bestowed upon them by the electorate. 

What's missing is whether you personally believe McConnell was wrong to deny Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland and then jam through Amy Coney-Barrett. The thing is that sort of dishonorable act is simply anathema to my way of thinking and living. I wouldn't do it nor would I support anyone who did. But time and again I hear it simply rationalized. 

5 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

What's missing is whether you personally believe McConnell was wrong to deny Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland and then jam through Amy Coney-Barrett. The thing is that sort of dishonorable act is simply anathema to my way of thinking and living. 

As far as I can tell the underlying approach of Trump and many of his supporters take to the rest of America is "fuck you."  They regularly do things for no other reason that it will anger democrats and independents.  That's evident in the way they talk about it - "Trump owned the libs" "oh is the special snowflake upset?"

17 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

What's missing is whether you personally believe McConnell was wrong to deny Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland and then jam through Amy Coney-Barrett. The thing is that sort of dishonorable act is simply anathema to my way of thinking and living. I wouldn't do it nor would I support anyone who did. But time and again I hear it simply rationalized. 

13 minutes ago, billvon said:

As far as I can tell the underlying approach of Trump and many of his supporters take to the rest of America is "fuck you."  They regularly do things for no other reason that it will anger democrats and independents.  That's evident in the way they talk about it - "Trump owned the libs" "oh is the special snowflake upset?"

trump,Brent and others in the trump base have redefined politics into a new realpolitik.Whereby no prisoners are taken and no quarter is given.

Accept it.

While I agree with Joe in a prior post whereby he made reference to using a hammer on the GOP. The democrats need control of the senate. While the NYT is showing currently a tie in the senate 48-48. Proper address needs control of all three branches in order to educate the GOP about real, real, realpolitik. That being constitutional amendments to give equal rights to every voter. Not more rights, more power to GOP states that scam the vote, stack the courts and rule like kings. Proper address to the parade of conservative SC judges, beholden to the 1950's christian identity.

The bad hand Biden has to deal with is covid, a struggling economy and voters that expect some relief from four years of trump. The bad had the GOP has to deal with is trump. Who everyone knows ain't going anywhere. The problem for the GOP is the  trump cancer. His tentacles have woven themselves through the body GOP and have attacked its entire system.

(edited)

Trump, gave voice to the disaffected and disrespected working class, the guys who work with their hands M-F, take their kids hunting and fishing, coach little league on Saturday and go to church on Sunday. Obama called them “bitter clingers” and HRC called them “irredeemable” and “a basket of deplorables”   The Ds abandoned the hard hats and embraced Globalists,  Antifa, BLM, illegal immigrants, snowflakes and the LGTBQABCDEVFG community.  Long after Trump is gone, those guys will still be there and they will have to be reckoned with, not dismissed.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1