NewGuy2005

Any Census Enumerators Out There?

If so, I'm curious to hear what your experience has been.  I've been doing it since mid-August and it's been a mixed bag.  Some really nice people and some really awful people, but mostly people that don't want to be bothered.  

Edited to add:  By not wanting to be bothered, I mean they are not going to participate in the process under any circumstance.

If you would prefer, just PM me.

Edited by NewGuy2005

I was an enumerator for about 3 wks. I resigned to protect my wife's health risk. She was afraid I would bring C-19 home.

My experience was very positive. However, I live in an area that has a friendly, positive outlook. I had 3 refusals to participate from folks in vacation rentals. I surmised that they were up here in the mountains for illegal or illicit motives and did not want to take a chance on being identified.

8 hours ago, NewGuy2005 said:

If so, I'm curious to hear what your experience has been.  I've been doing it since mid-August and it's been a mixed bag.  Some really nice people and some really awful people, but mostly people that don't want to be bothered.  

Edited to add:  By not wanting to be bothered, I mean they are not going to participate in the process under any circumstance.

If you would prefer, just PM me.

Thats probably a good summation about people in general on an issue which they most likely see doesn't directly put a buck in their pocket. The gumment could increase response rates if respondents were entered in a Loto to win $10 million.

58 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Thats probably a good summation about people in general on an issue which they most likely see doesn't directly put a buck in their pocket. The gumment could increase response rates if respondents were entered in a Loto to win $10 million.

That's a pretty good idea.  Based on what I've seen, it would save a lot of money.