1 1
iranianjumper

AFF with one instructor

Yes, it is allowed in USA. Look for a DZ that has a AFF/wind tunnel program.

Other DZs allow several tandems then AFF with one instructor.

I used to offer wind tunnel time, five static line (or IAD) jumps then jump #6 was AFF with one instructor.

The wind tunnel AFF programs are best, getting 20 to 30 minutes tunnel time before your first jump will lower your stress when the door opens at altitude, you'll have practiced basic skills for stable free fall and your awareness will be expanded. Continue your wind tunnel time and air skills will advance quickly.

• Like 1

What else does he/she know about the dz? I would definitely research that. This was my third jump at the dz where I started back in 2013 (I started over at a new dz after this). First 2 were tandems. I de-arched, tucked my legs and started spinning. He couldn't hold on to me. I continued spinning, pitched, and then had line twists. I should have cut away, but didn't. In this instance, 2 instructors might have helped. And the comments about the tunnel are great suggestions also. 

19 hours ago, dkvkb said:

What else does he/she know about the dz? I would definitely research that. This was my third jump at the dz where I started back in 2013 (I started over at a new dz after this). First 2 were tandems. I de-arched, tucked my legs and started spinning. He couldn't hold on to me. I continued spinning, pitched, and then had line twists. I should have cut away, but didn't. In this instance, 2 instructors might have helped. And the comments about the tunnel are great suggestions also. 

am i missing something, having a computer problem, or did you just upload the audio of a jump?  never heard of that before.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

am i missing something, having a computer problem, or did you just upload the audio of a jump?  never heard of that before.

I can see the video with the sound.... maybe your flashplayer needs to be updated ?

Video of him going into spins and getting away from the instructor.... been there done that lol

Huh, audio only on Firefox, Chrome, or Edge, on my Windows PC. Not sure what I'm missing.

But I could inspect the contents of the web page, copy the .mp4's actual location on the dropzone site, load that into a browser on its own (still fails to play video), and 'download page' to download the mp4. Worked fine once the mp4 was on my drive.

This is the direct link to the file:

https://www.dropzone.com/uploads/monthly_2020_11/1205120192_Firstsolojumpcopy2.mp4.eb8b4129e1060b5ec8b18df5798165ed.mp4

3 hours ago, pchapman said:

Huh, audio only on Firefox, Chrome, or Edge, on my Windows PC. Not sure what I'm missing.

But I could inspect the contents of the web page, copy the .mp4's actual location on the dropzone site, load that into a browser on its own (still fails to play video), and 'download page' to download the mp4. Worked fine once the mp4 was on my drive.

This is the direct link to the file:

https://www.dropzone.com/uploads/monthly_2020_11/1205120192_Firstsolojumpcopy2.mp4.eb8b4129e1060b5ec8b18df5798165ed.mp4 4.67 MB · 0 downloads

he said the magic words, "flash player".  deprecated in all the places you mentioned.

Thanks. Yeah I was kind of thinking Adobe Flash Player has  been disappearing from most browsers.

Even Adobe wants its use stopped after Dec 31.  Not sure why dropzone.com is still trying to use it, especially with an mp4 file that seems to contain actual MPEG-4 content, unless I'm missing something.

On 11/13/2020 at 7:07 AM, Nabz said:

I can see the video with the sound.... maybe your flashplayer needs to be updated ?

Video of him going into spins and getting away from the instructor.... been there done that lol

Well, "him" is actually a "her", but:rofl:;);P

• Like 1