brenthutch

Nobel for Trump

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Peace treaty Between UAE, Bahrain and Israel.  

Hi Brent,

Trump has 'bought' so many other things in his life*, I doubt that he can buy a Nobel.  IMO those folks are a little smarter than Trump will ever be.

Jerry Baumchen

* Someone to take his SAT's as one example.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

Trump has 'bought' so many other things in his life*, I doubt that he can buy a Nobel.  IMO those folks are a little smarter than Trump will ever be.

Jerry Baumchen

* Someone to take his SAT's as one example.

No doubt, but Obama got one just for not being GWB and he didn’t even manage to close Gitmo.  At least Trump has helped broker a pair of peace deals.

I got a funny feeling that if he starts a war with Iran for no real reason, the committee might not care about any peace deals.

He also trashed the Iran nuke deal, against the wishes of ALL the other signatories, failed miserably at containing North Korea, and has inspired the rise of white supremacists and Nazis all over the world.

Don't forget that Hitler, Mussolini & Stalin were all nominated

How is North Korea not contained?  They have not conducted a long range missile nor nuclear weapons test since meeting with Trump.  Iran is being counterbalanced by a developing Suni/Israeli relationship.  Troop levels in Afghanistan and Iraq are a fraction of what they were under Bush and Obama.  Say what you will about his style he is producing results.

9 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

I will never claim to be any Nobel expert.  But, I do believe they are usually given for what one does, not for what one does not do.

Jerry Baumchen

Just what did Obama do in his first eleven*days in office to deserve a Noble Peace Prize, other than not being GWB.

*Nominations for the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize closed just 11 days after Obama took office. 

16 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Just what did Obama do in his first eleven*days in office to deserve a Noble Peace Prize, other than not being GWB.

*Nominations for the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize closed just 11 days after Obama took office. 

Hi Brent,

If you want something done, do it yourself:  https://www.nobelpeaceprize.org/

Jerry Baumchen

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Troop levels in Afghanistan and Iraq are a fraction of what they were under Bush and Obama. Say what you will about his style he is producing results.

That is a barefaced lie. There have been thousands more American troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan for the majority of Trump's presidency than there were when he took office. Comparing his numbers to those of the Bush Administration is a red herring on such a scale that it should probably be called a red whale.

If you think that troop reduction in theatre is worthy of kudos then you absolutely must give that kudos to Obama. Will you, though? I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, jakee said:

That is a barefaced lie. There have been thousands more American troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan for the majority of Trump's presidency than there were when he took office. Comparing his numbers to those of the Bush Administration is a red herring on such a scale that it should probably be called a red whale.

If you think that troop reduction in theatre is worthy of kudos then you absolutely must give that kudos to Obama. Will you, though? I doubt it.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Afghanistan-War/The-Obama-surge

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

How is North Korea not contained?  They have not conducted a long range missile nor nuclear weapons test since meeting with Trump.  Iran is being counterbalanced by a developing Suni/Israeli relationship.  Troop levels in Afghanistan and Iraq are a fraction of what they were under Bush and Obama.  Say what you will about his style he is producing results.

North Korea has built 7 nuclear weapons per year under trump.

Despite U.S. Sanctions, Iran Expands Its Nuclear Stockpile. Two years after Trump withdrew from the Iran nuclear deal, Tehran has cut in half the time it would need to produce enough weapons-grade fuel for a nuclear bomb.

Trump surrendered Afghanistan to the Taliban

Trump surrenders, declares it a victory, and goes home. The Afghanistan 'peace deal' will see America cut and run.

The U.N. exposes the limits of the Trump peace plan with the Taliban. Contrary to the Trump administration’s peace plan with the Taliban, al-Qaida is more embedded in the Afghan Taliban than ever. The Taliban have not renounced their alliance with al-Qaida.

As usual your FOX news primer on trumps success is way off the mark in fact and on the ground.

54 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

North Korea has built 7 nuclear weapons per year under trump.

Despite U.S. Sanctions, Iran Expands Its Nuclear Stockpile. Two years after Trump withdrew from the Iran nuclear deal, Tehran has cut in half the time it would need to produce enough weapons-grade fuel for a nuclear bomb.

Trump surrendered Afghanistan to the Taliban

Trump surrenders, declares it a victory, and goes home. The Afghanistan 'peace deal' will see America cut and run.

The U.N. exposes the limits of the Trump peace plan with the Taliban. Contrary to the Trump administration’s peace plan with the Taliban, al-Qaida is more embedded in the Afghan Taliban than ever. The Taliban have not renounced their alliance with al-Qaida.

As usual your FOX news primer on trumps success is way off the mark in fact and on the ground.

Do you really want our boys to die in a futile attempt to remake Afghanistan into a Jeffersonian democracy?  If we wanted to attack the country where 9/11 was planned, we would have invaded Germany.  I say give Afghanistan to the Pashtuns and Tajiks and let them sort it out. 

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Do you really want our boys to die in a futile attempt to remake Afghanistan into a Jeffersonian democracy?  If we wanted to attack the country where 9/11 was planned, we would have invaded Germany.  I say give Afghanistan to the Pashtuns and Tajiks and let them sort it out. 

As usual trump has been played because of his negotiation style. He started out negotiations with the Taliban by excluding the Afghanistan government.

U.S. has persuasive intel Taliban do not intend to abide by terms of peace deal, officials say

Once again trump is following Nixon in every way. The Taliban have read the Paris peace accords and will follow its cue cards to the letter. The sham peace agreement will allow free territory for Al-Qaeda operations.

Deadly Cooperation: The Shifting Ties Between Al-Qaeda and the Taliban

Taliban Maintain Ties to Al-Qaeda Affiliate: Pentagon

None of this matters to trump or his followers because lipstick on the pig is all thats wanted, required, or expected.

14 hours ago, brenthutch said:

So you are going to keep being that dishonest? You’re so blinded by bias that you’ll give credit to Trump for inheriting low troops levels in Iraq and Afghanistan but you’ll criticise Obama for getting them low in the first place? 

Yep. That figures.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

So you are going to keep being that dishonest? You’re so blinded by bias that you’ll give credit to Trump for inheriting low troops levels in Iraq and Afghanistan but you’ll criticise Obama for getting them low in the first place? 

Yep. That figures.

I will give credit to Obama for his decision to raid the Bin Laden compound instead of just bombing it.  It was a ballsy move and a tough decision (which Biden was against BTW)

7 minutes ago, piisfish said:

Well to be fair, Nobel invented the dynamite... Trump invented exploding trees...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsrO9-D5c5U

Cue conservatives coming out of the woodwork saying "trees explode all the time!  I saw dozens of trees explode during . .  the . . . uh . . .  that last big fire we had near me.  Stupid liberals don't know anything!"