2 2
JoeWeber

Trump supports social distancing

3 minutes ago, obelixtim said:

You are right. It does explain a lot. Down is up. Black is white. No surprise there.

. . . and when you have to see the picture from a mirror . . . .

;)

And please - don't bring race into this - there are enough threads for that already.xD

Edited by turtlespeed

20 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Note to all. The blocking options include the ability to block PMs.

Yeah, but we are sliding into a state where there isn’t much substance on the forum. One or two people persist in being total arseholes and all sensible debate and discussion gets lost in the noise.

Take the one liners to PM’s or ignore and don’t engage.

There are 2 pages of comments and it didn’t even make it through one page of substance.I don’t expect the mods to be able to keep up with the amount of childish shit that is happening. 

23 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

Yeah, but we are sliding into a state where there isn’t much substance on the forum. One or two people persist in being total arseholes and all sensible debate and discussion gets lost in the noise.

There are 2 pages of comments and it didn’t even make it through one page of substance.I don’t expect the mods to be able to keep up with the amount of childish shit that is happening. 

I still fail to see why they don't just ban the worst troll.

1 hour ago, nigel99 said:

The so called trolls expose the same theology, thinking, philosophy,legal opinions as the President of the US. The same as his followers, enablers and voting supporters. They have remained steadfast in their support for trumpism in the face of facts, the media worldwide and midterm elections. Thirty eight percent are locked into that support.

Yet some expect those same supporters here to change those opinions. Despite 200,000 dead, goatf*ck after train wreck. They are so confident of their debating skills that banning is their sole remedy.

spacer.png

Above from.and further reading on debate.

14 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Yet some expect those same supporters here to change those opinions.

I no longer believe that. I think some here just enjoy the fun of engaging the troll. Regardless of the protestations, there is scant little to zero minus of value being earned from their efforts. It's like they have fun crapping on the comments and the rest of us get plunger duty.

33 minutes ago, Coreece said:

So the red is republicans, and the blue is democrats?

No, the current climate may suggest that but during the Clinton impeachment it was probably the opposite.Keep in mind that the classification of argument all falls under dishonest.

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

So the red is republicans, and the blue is democrats?

Nope.

The difference between the two is why people have to be careful, when tallying Trump's lies, to separate "lies" from "misleading claims" (to use a simple example.)  For Trump it breaks down along approximately those lines - 30% outright lies, 70% misleading claims.

For example, this one: "For the 1/100th time, the reason we show so many Cases, compared to other countries that haven’t done nearly as well as we have, is that our TESTING is much bigger and better. We have tested 40,000,000 people. If we did 20,000,000 instead, Cases would be half, etc. NOT REPORTED!"  This is an outright lie.  We would have just as many COVID-19 cases if we tested less.  (Actually more in the long term because we would not be able to mitigate.)

Or this one:  “It is a disgrace that nothing happens. Obama and Biden spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAUGHT...BUT NOTHING!”  There was an investigation into spying - but no one was "caught."  It is true that nothing came of it.  So that's misleading.

I will readily agree that during most times both sides lie about equally.  These are not normal times, and the need to defend Trump's lies have made the GOP the "party of the false or misleading statement."