2 2
JoeWeber

Trump supports social distancing

Trump said in his interview with the Review-Journal that he is not afraid of getting the coronavirus from speaking at the indoor rally.

“I’m on a stage and it’s very far away,” Trump said. “And so I’m not at all concerned.”

“I’m more concerned about how close you are, to be honest,” Trump told a Review-Journal reporter who thought she was socially distanced.

Later, when she told Trump she had tested negative earlier in the day, Trump mugged that he felt “100 percent better.”

12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Trump said in his interview with the Review-Journal that he is not afraid of getting the coronavirus from speaking at the indoor rally.

“I’m on a stage and it’s very far away,” Trump said. “And so I’m not at all concerned.”

“I’m more concerned about how close you are, to be honest,” Trump told a Review-Journal reporter who thought she was socially distanced.

Later, when she told Trump she had tested negative earlier in the day, Trump mugged that he felt “100 percent better.”

It's like he's unable to bring himself to care about other people.

"I was far enough away from that packed crowd, so I'm safe.  So what's the problem exactly?"

5 minutes ago, billvon said:

"I was far enough away from that packed crowd, so I'm safe.  So what's the problem exactly?"

I feel like the righties we engage with here recognize his inability to care for others in any meaningful way. But they're not appalled by it, as we are, because they actually believe that self centeredness is the essential natural order. For them, our attention to it is simply confusing.

• Like 1

They don't see it as a problem, because they don't see that he cares as little for them as he does for any of those 'on the left'.

They are blind to the fact that he only cares about himself.

They ignore the very simple fact that they are being used. And will be tossed aside, ignored or sacrificed when their usefulness is over.

Or, they simply see what they can gain from the situation and work with that.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

They don't see it as a problem, because they don't see that he cares as little for them as he does for any of those 'on the left'.

They are blind to the fact that he only cares about himself.

They ignore the very simple fact that they are being used. And will be tossed aside, ignored or sacrificed when their usefulness is over.

Or, they simply see what they can gain from the situation and work with that.

Even if that were true, it's still the choice of that person.

I wonder, do you think Biden cares any more about you than you claim Trump thinks about Ron?

4 hours ago, billvon said:

This just in.

Sun is hot, water is wet and Donald Trump doesn’t give a shit about anyone apart from himself, reports the Center For Extremely Obvious Studies.

I am an adult (mostly) who would probably not survive Covid.  If I choose to ignore well known safety recommendations that should be my choice.

Here it comes...what about the people they might infect?  See the paragraph above.

Personally ain't no way in hell I'm indoors with that many people, I don't care who they support.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I feel like the righties we engage with here recognize his inability to care for others in any meaningful way. But they're not appalled by it, as we are, because they actually believe that self centeredness is the essential natural order. For them, our attention to it is simply confusing.

Yes, on point, outstanding.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:42 PM, airdvr said:

I am an adult (mostly) who would probably not survive Covid.  If I choose to ignore well known safety recommendations that should be my choice.

Here it comes...what about the people they might infect?  See the paragraph above.

Yes. That’s the important bit.

YOU don’t get to put ME at risk. Or if you do and I fall ill then you should be held liable.

Edited by yoink

On 9/14/2020 at 1:42 PM, airdvr said:

Personally ain't no way in hell I'm indoors with that many people, I don't care who they support.

Why would you not survive? Comorbitities?

On 9/14/2020 at 3:42 PM, airdvr said:

So, by that argument, driving drunk should also be 'my choice'.

Fortunately, we as a society have decided that putting others at risk in that manner is not acceptable.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Should it be your choice to infect others?

1 hour ago, yoink said:

Yes. That’s the important bit.

YOU don’t get to put ME at risk. Or if you do and I fall ill then you should be held liable.

I'd love to see this put into effect. 

But who gets held liable?

If someone is asymptomatic, do we treat that as someone who claims they only had 'a couple beers'?

Do we hold whatever venue they were at, like we do with bartenders who serve and allow someone to drive?

There was a 'superspreading event' in Maine recently. 176 cases, 7 dead.

https://www.newsweek.com/two-more-deaths-linked-covid-super-spreader-maine-wedding-state-cdc-director-says-1532109

6 of the dead are at a rehab center. None of those dead attended the wedding that is believed to be the 'spreading event'. 

It seems like an employee of the rehab center attended & brought it back. 
A guard at the local jail brought it back there, too.

Who should be held responsible for that? Should anyone or should we just chalk it up to 'too bad, so sad, oh well'?

I honestly don't know the answer. 

I can see valid reasons both for and against holding responsible (in no particular order): the venue owners  - the event was over the limit for 'gathering size'; the wedding couple - they made the decision to have that many people; the pastor who officiated - the linked article says there's a further outbreak at the church; the individual who brought it back to the rehab facility. 

But if we don't get people to start taking this seriously, if we don't get people to start taking precautions, we're fucked.

Wisconsin has seen a big spike in the past week or so. 
Both new case numbers and percent positive tests have gone through the roof. Much of it is linked to the opening of the universities. But the 7 day average new cases has topped 1000 for the first time, and has been that high for a few days. 

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Yep.  Heart attack in 2010, COPD from years of smoking, overwieght.  I'm a classic case.

I'd be making sure your Vitamin D count is above 30ng/ml for sure, 40ng/ml would be better.  If that means supplements, I'd be taking K2 also.  Latest data is showing  good correlation (bad result) with low D, but not as much risk of Covid death with obesity as had been thought.

Edited by headoverheels

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I'd love to see this put into effect. 

But who gets held liable?

I knew as I was typing it that it's unrealistic. The inability of the US to trace infections to single people and further to prove willful negligence (it's my choice to ignore recommendations!) rather than accidental exposure (I did everything I had been told to do!) would make the entire concept nonviable. BUT, from a purely hypothetical discussion position I was thinking that if it were possible then one example would be that airdvr's insurance would be liable for the hospital bills should I become ill due to his actions, as well as any legal or death benefits, and that the insurance limits are what MY insurance would pay out, not his.

Additionally, I think people that willfully put others at risk (your drunk driving example) should still have criminal liability of someone is injured or killed because of their actions.

59 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

I'd be making sure your Vitamin D count is above 30ng/ml for sure, 40ng/ml would be better.  If that means supplements, I'd be taking K2 also.  Latest data is showing  good correlation (bad result) with low D, but not as much risk of Covid death with obesity as had been thought.

My sample testing of n=1 is also showing very positive correlation between high dose oral premium tequila and not having coronavirus. 

I'll keep everyone posted on that.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

THAT explains a LOT!!!

There isn't a guy on any far right holding a sign. Not from your point of view.

You are right. From your point of view as a participant in the march. It does explain a lot. Down is up. Black is white. No surprise there.

Edited by obelixtim