lpeter757

Living On A Drop Zone Full Time

Avoid the drugs.
Avoid the dating drama.
Have a job.
Help the DZO and staff anytime with anything you can.
Shower once in a while and brush your teeth.
Don't tell the pilot how to fly the plane.
Pay your rent on time.

Have fun!

At most DZ's the full timers get together once a week, usually at the local watering hole and decide who is sleeping with who for the next week. Remember, you don't lose your girlfriend at the DZ, just your place in line! Sometimes "drama" lacks as the full description...
  • Like 1

jimjumper

At most DZ's the full timers get together once a week, usually at the local watering hole and decide who is sleeping with who for the next week.

What you didn't mention was that it's the WOMEN doing the deciding once a week. The men just think they're in charge. :P:D

JohnMitchell

***At most DZ's the full timers get together once a week, usually at the local watering hole and decide who is sleeping with who for the next week.

What you didn't mention was that it's the WOMEN doing the deciding once a week. The men just think they're in charge. :P:D

As it should be!! ;):P

Hahaha. So true. As one of the old timers pointed out to me when I first started jumping.. "If your girlfriend leaves you, it's not because she doesn't like you.. it's just not your turn anymore"...

Plus all the other drama that comes with virtually living with the dysfunctional DZ family.

In other words, never agree to any kind of exclusivity. It's a trap!

Don't tell that to my wife, or just about every other married couple we know. Almost all my friends are married, and almost all of them met their spouse at the DZ. People tend to get caught up in the dating drama for a few years when they first start, but it settles down when people who actually like each other get paired up.

- Dan G

DanG

In other words, never agree to any kind of exclusivity. It's a trap!

Don't tell that to my wife, or just about every other married couple we know. Almost all my friends are married, and almost all of them met their spouse at the DZ. People tend to get caught up in the dating drama for a few years when they first start, but it settles down when people who actually like each other get paired up.

And then they stop jumping. ;)
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

grimmie

Avoid the drugs.
Avoid the dating drama.
Have a job.
Help the DZO and staff anytime with anything you can.
Shower once in a while and brush your teeth.
Don't tell the pilot how to fly the plane.
Pay your rent on time.

Have fun!

Or do the exact opposite for as long as you can pull it off.
It'll still be a great time.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

jimjumper

Remember, you don't lose your girlfriend at the DZ, just your place in line!

I absolutely hate this saying or joke or "rule" or whatever it is. My fiance and I moved out to the dropzone together, and all of the guys love telling me this(as well as making crude jokes about trying to get her into bed). Not sure if they are joking half the time. But that mentality is so disrespectful of the relationship. I am to the point that I am always going to be at my fiances side if she is drinking because I dont trust most of the guys here. Its kind of ridiculous honestly :S:S[:/]
Carpe Diem, Even if it kills me -- "Dead Poet's Society"

"Are you getting into trouble over there?" --- "Nothing that I'm going to admit to!"

You know what happens at DZ parties. If you can't trust her to hang out at the DZ after hours either A: you are way too insecure to have a girlfriend at the dropzone, B: she is not that in to you and the relationship is going no where. C: The old saying is true.

Don't take it personally. I have been in your position and know that it SUCKS. I swore that I was in love and blah, blah, blah. At some point I think I may have asked a DZO to ban a certain someone from the DZ for my mental health.

My advice: If you have to worry, she is not the one. Like my dad said, "You will know when you find the right one." Wish I would have listened to that old guy more often.

Like comedy, there is a bit of truth in every joke, and the same is true at the DZ, from what I've heard. I've been married for quite a long time and for me personally, I've always felt it was best for my marriage to not hang around at the DZ too long after the sun set. I could never live there, just too many temptations.....
Dano

I was the guy that posted that line. Me and my wife had a long distance relationship for 2 years before getting married. She worked as a a manifester, and was actively jumping, while I was stationed overseas. I never once had a doubt or cause for concern. If you think that the DZ lifestyle is going to cause problems in your relationships you've already bought into the "DZ drama" that others have warned about.

But that mentality is so disrespectful of the relationship her and other women on the dz.

Fixed it for you. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke