beth0b

Pilot chute mesh - raw material

I am looking to purchase mesh netting - not for manufacturing my own pilot chutes, but to use as mosquito/no-see-um netting. My Vector pilot chute mesh is just the material I am looking for... does anyone know where container companies, specifically UPT, gets their raw materials? Or does any have any info - anything more than what Google can tell me?

Thanks in advance

19 hours ago, beth0b said:

I am looking to purchase mesh netting - not for manufacturing my own pilot chutes, but to use as mosquito/no-see-um netting. My Vector pilot chute mesh is just the material I am looking for... does anyone know where container companies, specifically UPT, gets their raw materials? Or does any have any info - anything more than what Google can tell me?

Thanks in advance

Hi Beth,

Look around this site:  https://www.rockywoods.com/

They have a couple of meshes shown.  Probably more, you might give them a call.

Jerry Baumchen

17 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Look around this site:  https://www.rockywoods.com/

They have a couple of meshes shown.  Probably more, you might give them a call.

Jerry Baumchen

I second RockyWoods and buy lots of materials from them. But I am not sure they have the PC style Marquissette (I order mine else where). They definitely carry No See Um Mesh though.

18 hours ago, betzilla said:

Vogue fabrics is AWESOME, but I think that is tulle (what tutus are made of).

i spent almost an hour looking at that site and shopping for fabric i don't need.  i like that you can get a swatch of it to make sure it's what you want.  they had some that looked like it may work for $40 for a 50 yd roll.  definitely worth getting a swatch for a buck to make sure it works.  then that rocky woods link came up and i'll probably spend another hour shopping.

Keep in mind that - in general- if you are inside and trying to look outwards, a bright white mosquito netting makes it hard to look through.  Even more so if there is a light source from the inside.  Better to go with a black, dark gray or od (olive drab) netting color.