skiNEwhere

Speedflyer looking for next canopy

I currently speedfly/ride with a Fazer3 14m sq (~150 sq ft). I have approx 3 hours total flight time, and my wingloading is 1.41 for speedflying and 1.53 for speedriding due to the extra weight of skis and bindings.

For skydiving, I'm on a sabre2 170 that I have 120 jumps on with a wingloading of 1.33.

I'm looking for my next canopy to have similar characteristics to my Fazer3, and would appreciate any recommendations.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it

skiNEwhere

I currently speedfly/ride with a Fazer3 14m sq (~150 sq ft). I have approx 3 hours total flight time, and my wingloading is 1.41 for speedflying and 1.53 for speedriding due to the extra weight of skis and bindings.

For skydiving, I'm on a sabre2 170 that I have 120 jumps on with a wingloading of 1.33.

I'm looking for my next canopy to have similar characteristics to my Fazer3, and would appreciate any recommendations.

I'd suggest you're probably not going to get what you want. The things that make a speed wing good are different design constraints to a skydiving canopy. I looked at this and in the end decided to keep the two quite separate and fly them accordingly - all canopy time is good!
Never try to eat more than you can lift

The closest you could come to a "speedflyer" experience in skydiving is probably a Stiletto build by Performance Designs at this WL and experience level. Keep in mind "close" is quite relative in this context.

Whether this is a good idea for your general progression in the skydiving environment of canopy flight is a different question, though. A full eliptical canopy like a Stiletto might not be the best choice for your overall skydiving experience either.

Although a few things are intertranslatable between these two disciplines it's generally advisable to tread them like the different sports, that they are.

You might also want to have a look at the new Mutant harness by UPT...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LM8QvLL8KmE
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Pobrause has it right on - the characteristics that we look for in a speed wing aren't ones that are popular in skydiving.

Very short recovery arcs, short toggle input, very responsive to harness input, a high degree of roll in turns and collapse recovery are all characteristics of most speed wings. Most of those are either the opposite to what we look for in a skydiving wing, or are peripheral to other considerations.

Highly elliptical canopies or the new generation of Schumann planform wings tend to have some of those characteristics but then have the drawbacks of controlling them throughout deployment or being extremely competition specific and unsuitable for intermediate jumpers.

Totally correct, recovery arc will never be like a speedwing, mainly due to lineset length. Maybe a stiletto 150 but you are Lready pushing the w/l recommendations if your jump #s are accurate.
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream