3mpire

Alan Eustace Jumps From Stratosphere, Breaking Felix Baumgartner’s World Record

jumpwally

Hopefully more info,, knowledge ,,,will come out perhaps a docu film,,,right now it all seems too private,,too hush hush,,for such a company like his,,,

I don't think Google had anything to do with this jump. I think the only reason the company was mentioned is because Eustace is a big wig with them.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Congratulations to Alan for pulling off something that may someday be within reach of skydivers' bucket lists!

Perhaps someday, in a decade, this could fall to the cost of five figures, like the price of a car, with the rental of lightweight spacesuits currently being developed for the tourist space industry -- and be safe enough for a good four-digit jumper to do.

mdrejhon

Congratulations to Alan for pulling off something that may someday be within reach of skydivers' bucket lists!

Perhaps someday, in a decade, this could fall to the cost of five figures, like the price of a car, with the rental of lightweight spacesuits currently being developed for the tourist space industry -- and be safe enough for a good four-digit jumper to do.

Yeah, would be nice if you can afford it. A 50K foot jump would be good enough to keep it reasonably priced maybe...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

mdrejhon

This jump was not a "one-off" It was one of the first steps toward the "World View" Project, which will allow almost anyone to take a balloon ride up to 100 grand, and return to earth under a ram air canopy. The same companies which made Alan's jump possible are collaborating to make this a reality in the next few years. Go to Paragonsdc.com for the full story.

Amazing accomplishments for all three: Kittinger, Baumgartnter, and Eustace.

Felix is a class act and was quick to congratulate Alan on his Facebook page: "Congratulation Alan! It takes a lot of courage to do what you did. NOBODY knows that better than Col. Joe Kittinger and myself.
FELIX"

See attached images. I had the good fortune to meet Felix on the plaza outside the Today Show a week after his record jump. Shortly after that I did a pencil drawing of Felix and Joe and sent Joe the original. All three of these guys deserve recognition for their accomplishments.
DZGone.com
B-4600, C-3615, D-1814, Gold Wings #326, Diamond Wings #152.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

There is a documentary on this event now. Just watched it...came out last November. It's called "14 minutes from earth." I watched it on hoopla for free (through library). While I knew the final outcome (just like when you watch the movie Titanic ;)) still put me on edge of seat a couple times. :P during the test jumps in the space suit.