1 1
brenthutch

Broke down and bought a hybrid

17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Otis the magical wonder beast has a new ride, 2020 GLS450.  Not exactly a Prius but it does have an electric motor and regenerative breaking.  My lowly Honda is in the background.

CF132EF1-04B3-4716-9092-647E5ADC1674.jpeg

Great choice. Same price as a Tesla and half your money gone in 3 years. 

7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

All Teslas are too small, and the first year of depreciation was eaten by the dealer. (It’s a 2020, not a 2021)

That's only if you need a new car every three years. If you're like me you run them till they fall apart. Only sure way to get your money's worth. 

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

That's only if you need a new car every three years. If you're like me you run them till they fall apart. Only sure way to get your money's worth. 

I hear you, my Accord is going on eight and I have no intention of trading it in until Honda brings back the coupe version with a manual. (It might be awhile)

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

I hear you, my Accord is going on eight and I have no intention of trading it in until Honda brings back the coupe version with a manual. (It might be awhile)

I got my current truck on the last day of Cash for Clunkers. The salesman they sent to pick up my 19 year old trade in truck, which I bought new, did not want to drive it 15 miles to the dealership. This one will be no different.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

All Teslas are too small, and the first year of depreciation was eaten by the dealer. (It’s a 2020, not a 2021)

Ours seats 7 and carries bales of hay.  There's been nothing so far that doesn't fit in it.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Hi Brent,

From what I've been reading, it will be more than 'awhile.'  Except for specialty cars, I think that the manual is long gone.  But, I could be wrong; been wrong before.

Jerry Baumchen

21 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

From what I've been reading, it will be more than 'awhile.'  Except for specialty cars, I think that the manual is long gone.  But, I could be wrong; been wrong before.

Jerry Baumchen

I’m afraid you are right.  There is the Civic type R that fits the bill (sort of), but those ridiculous scoops, spoilers, and wing would have to go.  

(edited)
48 minutes ago, billvon said:

Ours seats 7 and carries bales of hay.  There's been nothing so far that doesn't fit in it.

68 cubic feet for Tesla Y 93.8 for the GLS, it’s not even close.

BTW I was wrong when I said I would never own a hybrid.

Edited by brenthutch

11 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Wife’s car, she has yet to let me drive it. >:(

11 hours ago, brenthutch said:

She is a VP in “Big Pharma” and on the COVID-19 task force, so she gets to call her own shots #notscrewed

Ok we get the equation. Christmas is coming soon so this sale might help.. Stocking suffers so to speak.