airdvr

Black Republican Candidate in Baltimore

On 8/29/2020 at 12:16 PM, airdvr said:

That's true Bill but they didn't get a check every month.

There is a difference between wanting to help people but insisting on ensuring the system never gets abused and wanting to help others and understanding some abuse will take place.

Personally I would rather provide help for those who need it, understanding some abuse will take place.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:52 PM, SkyDekker said:

There is a difference between wanting to help people but insisting on ensuring the system never gets abused and wanting to help others and understanding some abuse will take place.

Personally I would rather provide help for those who need it, understanding some abuse will take place.

This is one of those places where I have softened my stance - I switched what is primary on this topic.

I agree with the basic ideology of your statement. We probably won't agree on most of the details, but, now I'm hoping for some stricter, more effective means of avoiding the abuse of the system, while stepping away from my all or nothing position I held previously.

I'm still going to fight for what is morally right, but that, at least to me, means helping people is the morally right thing and is primary, as opposed to my old view being justice and anti fraud as primary.

• Like 1