airdvr

Black Republican Candidate in Baltimore

Turtle, what is the truth? Is it true that African-Americans as a population have far less wealth than Caucasians? Is it true that wealth is directly correlated with health outcomes? Data is truth; but decisions are made from the data that are selected, and the correlations that are taken from that data.

Eliminate the weather in the middle of the US in the 1920's and early 30's and it looks like we had a lot of shitty, lazy, farmers.

Wendy P.

5 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Turtle, what is the truth? Is it true that African-Americans as a population have far less wealth than Caucasians? Is it true that wealth is directly correlated with health outcomes? Data is truth; but decisions are made from the data that are selected, and the correlations that are taken from that data.

Eliminate the weather in the middle of the US in the 1920's and early 30's and it looks like we had a lot of shitty, lazy, farmers.

Wendy P.

What part of the vid do you think is false?

Typical trumpite republican. Offers not one idea on how to fix what she all blames on democrats. If she is truly running as a Black conservative why does she have nothing positive to say about the hard working people in the seventh district.  Everyone is a murderer or drug dealer and she wants their votes?

She talks about economic revitalization yet the GOP has abandoned inner city projects that require money for such projects.

Where is the republican governor from Maryland in the whole equation?

She doesn't even live in the district.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

I suppose I should have said the "hard truth".

The un-doctored, unedited, non-sugarcoated truth.  Not the ones you will find on MSNBC, CNN, and most of the other Major news outlets.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

If she is truly running as a Black conservative why does she have nothing positive to say about the hard working people in the seventh district.  Everyone is a murderer or drug dealer and she wants their votes?

What a load of crap dude.  She started a non-profit in 2013 and has been helping women enter the workforce ever since with no help from city officials that she has accused last year of "pay to play." 

Her non profit may not have done as much as others out there, but she's doing her part and certainly seems sincere.

Edited by Coreece
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Coreece said:

What a load of crap dude.  She started a non-profit in 2013 and has been helping women enter the workforce ever since with no help from city officials that she has accused last year of "pay to play." 

Her non profit may not have done as much as others out there, but she's doing her part and certainly seems sincere.

I'd suggest you watch the video again. Fear, and  baiting is the nom-de guerre of the entire video. She is nothing less than a vote spoiler for blacks to the benefit of the GOP.

No platform, nothing positive but a invite to trump-fest. She could have talked about using her non-profit ideas into real development but instead sent out a video to appeal to hypocrites. Like the GOP that wants to help inner cities.

This is her website for her non profit http://www.potential-me.com/

Founded in 2014 by Kimberly Klacik, Potential Me sells donated items including clothing, from socks and shoes to dresses and suits, on eBay. Proceeds are then used to provide clothing and host workshops and events for young women who lack the means to make their dreams a reality independently. For more information on Potential Me, visit www.potential-me.com.

Oh excuse me that charity has been dissolved and Kimberly Klacik isn't even a board member anymore. This is the new organization that no longer has any involvement with her. http://suitedtosucceed.org/board-members/

Perhaps someone should tell the GOP.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Oh excuse me that charity has been dissolved and Kimberly Klacik isn't even a board member anymore. This is the new organization that no longer has any involvement with her. http://suitedtosucceed.org/board-members/

Great, so her little legacy lives on as she moves on to bigger ways to implement her ideas of change. 

And the facebook page is still operational:

https://www.facebook.com/Potential-Me-Baltimore-MD-144352995730751/

She tried working with the city but apparently wasn't willing to "pay to play," and now you're just hating on her for walking away.  If it was a conservative attacking her like this you'd call her a "victim of slights from a misogynist." 

5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

The un-doctored, unedited, non-sugarcoated truth.  Not the ones you will find on MSNBC, CNN, and most of the other Major news outlets.

So what’s the hard truth?

5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

So Turtle's now a Qucumber.

Vague "I know the truth", "MSM media is lies" trope proclamations? We have Ron for that already.

OK friends, I'm vested in this one! Baltimore born and bred right here. OHHHHHH BOY, where do I even begin with this one?!?! 

So clearly all democrats are the DEVIL...  What else have I learned?  Turtle REALLY is "something else". I had a few other adjectives in mind but I'm feeling nice this morning. 

So, back to the city of Baltimore.  Bodymore, Murderland. Yeah, watch "The Wire" if you don't get the reference. And yes, it's based on a very accurate assessment at one point in time. To blame a political party directly for THIS cities BLACK problems (and there are many) is ridiculous. I literally laughed out loud half way through the video. Not because of the content, but because she really believes in herself and her lies. 

Good for her!    

1 hour ago, timski said:

yes, it's based on a very accurate assessment at one point in time.

To blame a political party directly for THIS cities BLACK problems (and there are many) is ridiculous. I literally laughed out loud half way through the video.

Ya it's a bit over the top.  Of course I'd like to see a cooler, calm and collective bipartisan approach, but for whatever reason she feels that isn't a viable option at this point, either because of her own limitations or because of corruption that has plagued these inner cities for decades.

People are angry and still seeking change that never came.  Much of this anger is displaced, but outrage sells and helps bring attention to the issue - better than losing your mind and burning the place down imo.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Ya it's a bit over the top.  Of course I'd like to see a cooler, calm and collective bipartisan approach, but for whatever reason she feels that isn't a viable option at this point, either because of her own limitations or because of corruption that has plagued these inner cities for decades.

People are angry and still seeking change that never came.  Much of this anger is displaced, but outrage sells and helps bring attention to the issue - better than losing your mind and burning the place down imo.

I have a novel suggestion to help mitigate the snowball effect. It's a model that is used in more than a few countries, that works...

Mandatory public service. I can speak from the inside, I've seen it with my own two... It works. 

This isn't per say military service either (for the record).

Edited by timski
more content
  • Like 1

I'm strongly in favor of mandatory public service. At 18 or when you finish high school, whichever comes last. Only exceptions are actively and aggressively mentally ill, doing legitimately ground-breaking work in some help-humanity science endeavor (which is fairly public service anyway), and maybe really essential to family support (parents both disabled kind of thing). But educably mentally challenged, potential athlete, rich kid -- yep, gotta go.

Wendy P.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, timski said:

I have a novel suggestion to help mitigate the snowball effect. It's a model that is used in more than a few countries, that works...

Mandatory public service.

Public service is great, but it's not for everyone - and it just doesn't seem practical to force that onto the populace.  Better to just instill that mindset at a young age so that people see the value when they're older and view it as part of their civic duty.

Poverty is somewhat of a mindset, and living in highly populated, densely packed neighborhoods and housing projects with limited opportunity makes it even harder to break free - especially when violent crime invites shit loads of police, increasing interaction with those police and elevating the odds of being snagged for petty crimes, forcing one to put their life on hold until navigating through the penal system.  It's a vicious cycle and many never find their way out.

Also, many whites live in these areas too and experience the system in a way that's very similar to blacks.  It's just that they don't tend to be the majority in these areas, so of course the numbers are going to be disproportionate.

I've been a fan of Ice-T since I was 13 years old, (don't laugh) but he makes a good point in recent song of his:

Don't fall for the bait and switch
Racism is real, but not it
They fuck whoever can't fight back

honestly it ain't just black
It's yellow, it's brown, it's red
It's anyone who ain't got cash
Poor whites that they call trash

This shit is ugly to the core
When it comes to the poor
No lives matter

And we're not trying to minimize the level of racial bias and outright racism and the effects thereof.  It's just that it goes beyond a handful of shitty police and it's going to take a concerted effort to fight through it.  It's not just a black issue that should be left for them to figure out just because "we don't understand what it's like to be black."  Growing up in the inner city I never saw it as strictly black and white issue.

I also wanted to talk about the difference in the mindset of poverty that plagues the the inner city vs that of high levels of poverty in rural areas, but this post is already getting long enough, so it'll just have to wait.

18 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Typical trumpite republican. Offers not one idea on how to fix what she all blames on democrats. If she is truly running as a Black conservative why does she have nothing positive to say about the hard working people in the seventh district.  Everyone is a murderer or drug dealer and she wants their votes?

She talks about economic revitalization yet the GOP has abandoned inner city projects that require money for such projects.

Where is the republican governor from Maryland in the whole equation?

She doesn't even live in the district.

More excuses from the left.  Always easier to dismiss the message than it is to address the problems.  50 years of Dem leadership have produced a shithole city.  Want me to name some other Dem controlled cities that are the same?

Don't you think the people of Baltimore have been fed enough bullshit from the left about how to fix the problems?

She only identifies the problems as she sees them. I daresay they're harder and more expensive to address completely, to your satisfaction, than is possible. It's just not that easy. What should they do? "stop the murders."  Well, that was easy.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

I only made it halfway through to be honest.

The first bit is how awful everything is and how crime is incredibly high. The second bit is how you shouldn't defund the police. But as established in the first bit, funding the police clearly hasn't been working that great.

38 minutes ago, airdvr said:

More excuses from the left.  Always easier to dismiss the message than it is to address the problems.  50 years of Dem leadership have produced a shithole city. 

And four years of GOP leadership have produced countrywide race riots. 

Here's a good option - put Biden in the White House, send Trump to Baltimore.  Win-win.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coreece said:

And we're not trying to minimize the level of racial bias and outright racism and the effects thereof.  It's just that it goes beyond a handful of shitty police and it's going to take a concerted effort to fight through it.  It's not just a black issue that should be left for them to figure out just because "we don't understand what it's like to be black."  Growing up in the inner city I never saw it as strictly black and white issue.

Off topic comment, as 2020 Census worker I find it odd that Hispanic, Latino, and Spanish are not considered races. The respondent chooses Yes or No. The questionnaire leads the respondent to choose White as the race, although all other choices are equally acceptable. 

For example, the respondent chooses Yes and then could choose Native American as race.

It’s not a race. There are Hispanics who are black and Hispanics who are white. There are Jews, Christians, and Muslims as well. Brazil has a large Japanese population; in many questionnaires, Brazilians are considered to be Hispanic. So that means they can check those two boxes. 

Wendy P. 

8 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I'm strongly in favor of mandatory public service. At 18 or when you finish high school, whichever comes last. Only exceptions are actively and aggressively mentally ill, doing legitimately ground-breaking work in some help-humanity science endeavor (which is fairly public service anyway), and maybe really essential to family support (parents both disabled kind of thing). But educably mentally challenged, potential athlete, rich kid -- yep, gotta go.

Wendy P.

Henry Moseley, discovered Moseley's Law allowing unambiguous identification of chemical elements.  Fixed up the periodic table correcting Mendeleev's errors. Clearly Nobel Prize material.

Sent off to Gallipoli in WW1, KIA.

STUPID waste of genius.