2 2
yoink

Dissolution of the NRA?

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Not true, a former team leader in my unit went on to a very successful career in Delta, then retired and went on to establish his own “private security firm” and is now a civilian teaching operators how to operate.  Just watch a video of Jerry Miculek, and tell me that a civilian doesn’t know how to handle a firearm.  

Thats the dumbest argument you've ever made. "Jerry Charles Miculek Jr. (/ˈmɪəlɛk/ MITCH-ə-lek; born September 7, 1954) is an American professional speed and competition shooter known for his many world records,".  Your other supporting point of evidence a SF veteran of elite military service.

Those are the examples which you want to compare to a 18 YO in a inner city who has never owned, nor fired a gun in his life. Each of which is entitled to buy the same weapon. The 18 year old without training, qualifications, etc. Just pay your money, how many mags and how many cases of ammo do you want.

Surely with effort at least you could up the NRA talking points.

11 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Those are the examples which you want to compare to a 18 YO in a inner city who has never owned, nor fired a gun in his life. Each of which is entitled to buy the same weapon. The 18 year old without training, qualifications, etc. Just pay your money, how many mags and how many cases of ammo do you want.

Surely with effort at least you could up the NRA talking points.

My post was in response to the claim that no one other than the military is trained and is proficient in the handling of firearms.  I never mentioned an 18 YO from the inner city.  BTW that comment has very racist undertones.

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

My post was in response to the claim that no one other than the military is trained and is proficient in the handling of firearms.  I never mentioned an 18 YO from the inner city.  BTW that comment has very racist undertones.

It would help you make your valid response if you quoted what point you're responding to. Sorry, not rising to that bait today.

5 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

It would help you make your valid response if you quoted what point you're responding to. Sorry, not rising to that bait today.

I was responding to the post that directly preceded mine.

Dude, he is right on all of his points and your response is mumbo jumbo. Enough with the "competently trained people" argument. Outside of the military no one is competently trained or current.”

I hope this clarifies things and is why I mentioned Jerry Miculek.

21 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Dude, he is right on all of his points and your response is mumbo jumbo. Enough with the "competently trained people" argument. Outside of the military no one is competently trained or current.”

Yes and you have a valid point.

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I'll own the poorly phrased comment and the confusion caused. When I wrote "The idea that having a fancy firearm as a defense weapon you are likely to use is a fantasy" I wasn't thinking pearl handled revolver. I was thinking military style assault weapons, glocks etc. being used for defense. When I wrote, "I have no problem with you or anyone like you having access to advanced firearms" I meant military style assault weapons in the possession of people who have been highly trained by the military and stay current in or out of the military. For everyone else, if you need to, buy a shotgun.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Wayne LaPierre's personal slush fund files for bankruptcy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/534500-nra-filing-for-bankruptcy-moving-from-new-york-to-texas

trump's most loyal enablers screwing over their lenders and creditors. Because the insiders wanted to live like kings on money that wasn't theirs. Where would they have learnt that from?

The NRA, a bunch of straight shooters with everyone.

Just now, Phil1111 said:

trump's most loyal enablers screwing over their lenders and creditors. Because the insiders wanted to live like kings on money that wasn't theirs. Where would they have learnt that from?

The NRA, a bunch of straight shooters with everyone.

An unregulated ponzi scheme, being unnecessary to the dupes who funded it, the right of the people to tithe to their God, shall not be infringed.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

An unregulated ponzi scheme, being unnecessary to the dupes who funded it, the right of the people to tithe to their God, shall not be infringed.

Brent, Brent, BRENT. The NRA needs money now more than ever. The Dems are in the chicken coop and AR-15's are on the line. Every dollar in donation will be matched by ten other dollars.

Biden and Harris have bankrupted our organization. AOC and her Muslim group hate gun owners.Hate You!

If you want your Magpul 30 rounder you must sign up today. For only $29.95 each month you can keep your guns! For each donation this classy evening wear shirt is yours to keep.

spacer.png

Edited by Phil1111

4 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Brent, Brent, BRENT. The NRA need money now more than ever. The Dems are in the chicken coop and AR-15's are on the line. Every dollar in donation will be matched by ten other dollars.

Biden and Harris have bankrupted our organization. AOC and her Muslim group hate gun owners.Hate You!

If you want your Magpul 30 rounder you must sign up today. For only $29.95 each month you can keep your guns! For each donation this classy evening wear shirt is yours to keep.

spacer.png

We'll always be able to sleep easily with our views. The truth is that be it Guns, Climate Change, Trump, or just fill in the blank, the right has shown in spades that they really don't truly believe in anything except power and getting what they want at anyones expense-and right f'n now!  No facts, no history, no empathy, no nothing moves them. They won't be bothered by their conscious or anything liberals say. Getting theirs in anyway they can is their view of the natural order.

Maybe they are right. I just simply refuse to see it that way.

Well, I let my membership expire due to all the crap. Laundering Russian money, supporting the Mango Mussolini, scaring people into believing that 'the scary liberals are coming for your guns', all of that.

So, I got something from them the other day.

Big, scary letters on the front of the envelope:

NOTICE OF GUN CONFISCATION!!!!!

Inside, the standard 'Join and send us money or lose your guns'.

Including (direct quote):
I'm talking about armed government agents storming your house, taking your guns and hauling you off to prison.

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Brent, Brent, BRENT. The NRA needs money now more than ever. The Dems are in the chicken coop and AR-15's are on the line. Every dollar in donation will be matched by ten other dollars.

spacer.png

My brother signed me up with the NRA a few years ago as a birthday present.  I let expire.  Not interested in being part of Wayne LaPierre’s fiefdom.  I can make my own AR anytime the notion strikes me, and after two + decades in airborne combat arms, I am not wanting in 30 round magazines.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

My brother signed me up with the NRA a few years ago as a birthday present.  I let expire.  Not interested in being part of Wayne LaPierre’s fiefdom.  I can make my own AR anytime the notion strikes me, and after two + decades in airborne combat arms, I am not wanting in 30 round magazines.

You can make your own AR and have a supply of liberated 30 round magazines from the army. And you need the second amendment, why?

(edited)

I wonder if all the crying liberals who always advocate for dissolving the NRA would be equally as quick to support legislature to repeal the 1st amendment. God knows I can sure as hell think of a few people who's speech being censored would be in everyone's best interest. If this is about saving lives, I'd argue that spreading false information has killed far more people than gun violence ever has.

Edited by Westerly

(edited)
3 hours ago, Westerly said:

I wonder if all the crying liberals who always advocate for dissolving the NRA would be equally as quick to support legislature to repeal the 1st amendment. God knows I can sure as hell think of a few people who's speech being censored would be in everyone's best interest. If this is about saving lives, I'd argue that spreading false information has killed far more people than gun violence ever has.

well the government has never been one to ban lies of any sort, but i am all about social media banning lies and spreading of false information, but that's not really a 1st amendment issue. 

Edited by sfzombie13
no change

Judge refuses to dismiss New York AG's lawsuit against NRA

Wayne is in serious jeopardy of losing his job. He lost his best advocate in the WH. No more free trips for his whole family to the Bahamas.

The N.R.A. Wants to ‘Dump’ Its Regulators via Bankruptcy. Will It Succeed?

“It has nothing to do with the N.R.A.’s financial posture, which is very, very strong,” said Bob Barr, a former Republican congressman from Georgia, in a TV interview. “It simply is a legal vehicle to move under protection of federal laws, to escape the abuse by the New York authorities.”

The organization’s audacious bankruptcy filing, in which it is not actually claiming to be insolvent, seeks to use the bankruptcy process to circumvent regulators in New York, where the N.R.A. has been chartered for a century and a half. The state’s attorney general, Letitia James, sued the association in August, seeking to shutter it amid claims of mismanagement and corruption. The N.R.A. said in its legal filings that New York officials had long sought to “weaponize the state government’s regulatory powers against it” and that the association now wanted to reincorporate in Texas.

But the claims of corruption have not come just from New York, or the political left. They are echoed in accusations leveled by former senior N.R.A. officials, including its onetime president Oliver L. North, some of its own donors and board members who departed amid a civil war within the association."

So it wants to lie in court that its insolvent when its not. It wants to "jurisdiction shop" so insiders can continue its corrupt practices.

On 1/21/2021 at 2:52 PM, Phil1111 said:

“It has nothing to do with the N.R.A.’s financial posture, which is very, very strong,” said Bob Barr, a former Republican congressman from Georgia, in a TV interview. “It simply is a legal vehicle to move under protection of federal laws, to escape the abuse by the New York authorities.”

Exactly!  The NRA is VERY VERY strong, so strong that they cannot be destroyed.  But they are the hapless victim of the weak, incompetent New York authorities who may destroy them.  So send more money, Trump supporters!

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

Exactly!  The NRA is VERY VERY strong, so strong that they cannot be destroyed.  But they are the hapless victim of the weak, incompetent New York authorities who may destroy them.  So send more money, Trump supporters!

Poor old white men. The NRA, evangelicals, trump's PAC- "Save America",the FBI against White fascists, non-white immigrants, women abandoning the GOP and getting ejucated to boot. Everything is going in the wrong direction