1 1
SkyDekker

Trump's Axios on HBO Interview

10 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

In life we all learn to ignore things, they will have no problem.

One can support the foundation of a thing without supporting all facets of its head.

I believe that has been touched on here regarding the choice the DNC is making.

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

A thousand people a day are dying: It is what it is.

Quite the foundation you are supporting. 

That is because of a virus.

The virus is not the foundation of of a political belief system.

Unless you are talking about things like Gun Violence in liberal led areas.

Chicago had a gun death count of 12, out pacing covid, that claimed 11.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shooting-shootings-this-weekend-violence-how-many-shot-in/6325301/

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Here is the full version.

If you are a US right winger, what type of mental gymnastics do you do to support this?

Hi Sky,

If there ever was prima facie evidence that he is a complete & total nut case, this is it.

Jerry Baumchen

https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1598

(edited)
58 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The virus is not the foundation of of a political belief system.

All evidence points to you making the man the foundation of YOUR political belief system.

Any conservatives or Republicans who speak out against him are automatically "far-left".

I have many disagreements with actual conservatives, but you are not a conservative. For you, he is the center and foundation.

Actually, this would make perfect sense as to why you call yourself "centrist"...

Edited by olofscience

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

No - The response to the pandemic is not the foundation either.

Doing nothing unless you can make money for white men is most certainly the foundation of the Republican party. Doing nothing, because at the time it mostly affected blue states is most certainly at the core of the current Republican Party.

Just now, SkyDekker said:

Doing nothing unless you can make money for white men is most certainly the foundation of the Republican party. Doing nothing, because at the time it mostly affected blue states is most certainly at the core of the current Republican Party.

Incorrect.

That isn't true anymore than saying that foundation for liberalism is the support of planned parenthood and all liberals want to kill babies.

Just now, turtlespeed said:

Incorrect.

That isn't true anymore than saying that foundation for liberalism is the support of planned parenthood and all liberals want to kill babies.

Liberals indeed want to give women control over their own body. Unlike Republicans who only want to give control to Republican men. recent statement by a Republican Senator is quite clear on that.

Which brings us back: only do something if it enriches white men.

Thank you for proving my point.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Liberals indeed want to give women control over their own body. Unlike Republicans who only want to give control to Republican men. recent statement by a Republican Senator is quite clear on that.

Which brings us back: only do something if it enriches white men.

Thank you for proving my point.

So you admit the foundation of liberals is that they want to kill babies?  That doesn't seem right, but if you say so.

I'm pretty sure the more moderate liberals would very much disagree with you, just as some more moderate conservatives would argue against a senator for their beliefs.

Part of the problem with the system we have is that there are too many decisions made by those like you, that are so far on one side, and like the senator you mention, that is so far on the other side.

Edited by turtlespeed

(edited)
4 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So you admit the foundation of liberals is that they want to kill babies?  That doesn't seem right, but if you say so.

I admit that liberalism indeed feels women should be allowed to have control over their own bodies. So if you want to rephrase that as "killing babies" go ahead. I mean, core American conservatism supports shooting them as soon as they are born as the price of freedom.

Edited by SkyDekker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

I admit that liberalism indeed feels women should be allowed to have control over their own bodies. So if you want to rephrase that as "killing babies" go ahead. I mean, core American conservatism supports shooting them as soon as they are born as the price of freedom.

Jesus, you are the left version of Ron here.

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Your version of liberalism is OK with saying that it is killing babies.  Fine.

I am 100% positive that most liberals wouldn't be of that mind set.

Conservatism doesn't support shooting babies at all.

No, he isn’t. Using abortion as a litmus test is just as bullshit as using gun rights as a litmus test. I know pro-choice conservatives (note that I know of NO ONE who advocates killing babies, or late-term elective abortions), and I know gun-owning liberals. 
Is the woman or the fetus more important? And who decides —. Shouldn’t the woman have the major say?
Wendy P. 

2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

No, he isn’t. Using abortion as a litmus test is just as bullshit as using gun rights as a litmus test. I know pro-choice conservatives (note that I know of NO ONE who advocates killing babies, or late-term elective abortions), and I know gun-owning liberals. 
Is the woman or the fetus more important? And who decides —. Shouldn’t the woman have the major say?
Wendy P. 

I'm willing to bet that SkyDekker would support late term, if that is what the woman really wanted.  I don't think it matters as long as it's her choice.  I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

I am a pro-choice conservative, but with reasonable limits.  I'm pretty sure that you and I are right next to each other on those limits.