1 1
ryoder

Jerry Falwell Jr - Unzipped

7 hours ago, billvon said:

I am sure that once he's indicted they will welcome him with open, uh, arms.

The whole stealing from charities-evangelical thing is bound to play well with the trump,Bannon, etc. inner circle. Perhaps "rehab" to become a "good boy" again and then spiritual advisor to FOX?

19 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Okay, I have heard far too many salacious details told with a tinge of glee on NPR now. First they give a warning “cover the children’s ears” then they nearly giggle. Enough. More than enough.

This is the asshole who filed lawsuits against the press for 'trespassing' on the University and defamation for factual reporting on the way they handled Covid.

Do you really expect them to be nice?

8 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

This is the asshole who filed lawsuits against the press for 'trespassing' on the University and defamation for factual reporting on the way they handled Covid.

Do you really expect them to be nice?

I expect them to be professional.

• Like 1

"Liberty University on Monday announced that it would commission an “independent investigation” into how its now-former president Jerry Falwell Jr. managed the Christian school for years until he resigned last week.

The executive committee of the university’s board of trustees said in a statement that it had hired an outside firm to “conduct a thorough investigation into all facets of Liberty University operations during Jerry Falwell, Jr.’s tenure as President, including but not limited to financial, real estate, and legal matters.”

But he "promised to be a good boy now".

19 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
On 8/31/2020 at 7:40 PM, headoverheels said:

I didn't watch it - was it anything like the "Leave Brittany Alone" video?

No, this guy is hilarious and I think it's lost on many people.  Just listen to what he's actually saying, lol.

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:
29 minutes ago, Coreece said:

No, this guy is hilarious and I think it's lost on many people.  Just listen to what he's actually saying, lol.

Yes, he is funny in a way that not everyone will appreciate.

The first time I saw this guy was when Headoverheels posted his "mask are for sheep" video.  He had me cracking up:

14 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
42 minutes ago, Coreece said:

OK - that wasn't bad. 

I met a couple "rednecks" like him along with a couple blacks guys that do something similar.  They know that "sounding black" is either funny, ignorant or annoying depending on who you are,  so they just play to the stereotype.

The interesting thing tho it that haters only see how they look and what they sound like, and not what they're actually saying.

40 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I met a couple "rednecks" like him along with a couple blacks guys that do something similar.  They know that "sounding black" is either funny, ignorant or annoying depending on who you are,  so they just play to the stereotype.

The interesting thing tho it that haters only see how they look and what they sound like, and not what they're actually saying.

I got it - 

I don't know what the word for it is - False Irony?

Definitely tongue in cheek - I'd be willing to bet that a LOT of people on the left let their undies get in a wad and took him seriously though.

THAT would be worth seeing in person.  Though no one here would admit it - I'll bet a few were all raging in their computer chairs.;)

Edited by turtlespeed

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Definitely tongue in cheek - I'd be willing to bet that a LOT of people on the left let their undies get in a wad and took him seriously though.

THAT would be worth seeing in person.  Though no one here would admit it - I'll bet a few were all raging in their computer chairs.;)

Lol, of course you would, because there's no assumption too unreasonable for you to make if it reflects badly on the left. It's so very very centreist.

But sure, there are probably one or two leftists who missed the point - to be dwarfed by the number on the religious right nodding their heads and shouting "Amen brother, testify!":`D

911 Call From Intoxicated Jerry Falwell Jr.’s House Last Month Describes ‘A Lot Of Blood’

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/911-called-to-allegedly-intoxicated-jerry-falwell-jrs-house-last-month-there-was-a-lot-of-blood-213552998.html

But medics and emergency responders arrived at the residence later that night. A responder observed lacerations on Jerry Falwell Jr.’s face, including under his left eye, across the bridge of his nose, and above both his right and left eyes. The responder also recorded in a report that Jerry Falwell Jr. said he hit his head on a trash can, and that there was “blood in the area he indicated” as well as “empty alcohol containers.” The officer also noted “Jerry had slurred and slowed speach (sic) and would repeat things already asked.”