Phil1111

Never Republicans, NEVER

"A cadre of Republican opponents of President Donald Trump is nonetheless calling for a purifying fire to sweep through the GOP in the fall, taking down not just Trump but as many Republican officeholders as possible.

Only this willy-nilly bloodletting will teach the party the hard lesson it needs to learn and mete out the punishment it deserves for accommodating Trump over the past four years. As a Soviet commissar once put it, “We must execute not only the guilty. Execution of the innocent will impress the masses even more.”

These Never Trumpers, as my colleague Ramesh Ponnuru puts it, are becoming Never Republicans. Their ranks run from the estimable columnist George Will, to Charlie Sykes of the anti-Trump website The Bulwark, to the operatives of The Lincoln Project, which is now running ads against Republican senators as well as Trump."

The above is from an editorial in Politico. Now everyone knows about families that have traditions of supporting one party or another come hell or high water. Military families supporting the GOP as one example. Clearly the damage that trump has done needs to be undone. His trashing of any accountability for the environment. Of the law and of any tax fairness. Of the deficit.

IMO trumpism will eventually vanish but the 38% of the population that supported him will still be around. They will still want to wield a disproportionate vote due to the electoral college, gerrymandering, etc.

If the lessons of trump stand as a permanent mark on the GOP thats not necessarily bad. But caution about liberal excess is necessary.

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Wow.  This is amazing.

Yet ANOTHER Trump bashing post by phil1111

I cannot explain in words, exactly how surprised I am.

The most powerful man in the world is a lying, cheating, inept, immoral narcissist.  Of course people will 'bash' him, for very good reason.

You now have 5 entries in the "Stupid Post of the Month" for July.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Wow.  This is amazing.

Yet ANOTHER Trump bashing post by phil1111

I cannot explain in words, exactly how surprised I am.

Until trump is no longer killing American people and destroying the economy. Until he no longer feeds the gaslighting flame. Expect more.Unlike you I would like America to succeed. To grow a economy that benefits all with healthy, respectful people all pulling on the same rope.

You don't seem capable of posting issues arising from trump himself that benefits all Americans. I've challenged you again and again to do so.

Good governance arises from policy that benefits all or a national interest. Ideas absent from trump's administration.

4 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Until trump is no longer killing American people and destroying the economy. Until he no longer feeds the gaslighting flame. Expect more.Unlike you I would like America to succeed. To grow a economy that benefits all with healthy, respectful people all pulling on the same rope.

You don't seem capable of posting issues arising from trump himself that benefits all Americans. I've challenged you again and again to do so.

Good governance arises from policy that benefits all or a national interest. Ideas absent from trump's administration.

I'd be surprised to see even one solitary positive that Trump has personally done to benefit anyone other than Trump himself.

15 minutes ago, normiss said:

I'd be surprised to see even one solitary positive that Trump has personally done to benefit anyone other than Trump himself.

There was a funeral in the US today. Three ex-presidents attended. At John McCain's funeral there was two ex presidents. At trumps there will be none.

Imagine the policy from a McCain-Obama government. But thats the past and perhaps a Biden/Rice government can restore America.

4 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

There was a funeral in the US today. Three ex-presidents attended. At John McCain's funeral there was two ex presidents. At trumps there will be none.

Imagine the policy from a McCain-Obama government. But thats the past and perhaps a Biden/Rice government can restore America.

The celebration of life for Trump though. I expect that to be worldwide.

(edited)
42 minutes ago, normiss said:

The celebration of life for Trump though. I expect that to be worldwide.

Russia will mourn and Putin will reminisce of how he once controlled 3/4 of all the nuclear weapons in the world. How he was the most powerful man who ever lived.

Some republicans unfortunately won't get the message. but cheer up, here is the latest from the Lincoln Project.

enjoy.

Edited by Phil1111

12 hours ago, normiss said:

i'm stretching, but didn't he make it a felony for animal abuse?  not sure how involved he was, but if it was him, it would be the one thing that comes to my mind he has done good.  there may be others, but none of them excuse his treasonous actions.  agent orange needs dealt with the way he himself would deal with a traitor.

8 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

i'm stretching, but didn't he make it a felony for animal abuse?  not sure how involved he was, but if it was him, it would be the one thing that comes to my mind he has done good.  there may be others, but none of them excuse his treasonous actions.  agent orange needs dealt with the way he himself would deal with a traitor.

Congress passes laws, Presidents sign them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, normiss said:

Congress passes laws, Presidents sign them.

yes, and sometimes presidents send things to congress, as i heard this one did on this bill, but again, it's been years, so i may be wrong.  either way, one good action in almost four years is pathetic.

26 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

yes, and sometimes presidents send things to congress, as i heard this one did on this bill, but again, it's been years, so i may be wrong.  either way, one good action in almost four years is pathetic.

I thought this one was a bipartisan introduced law. Yeah, not sure here either though.

Agreed with your resulting perspective though.

1 minute ago, sfzombie13 said:

i didn't expect this one.  he has a wonderful idea on how traitors should be treated, and i would be more than happy to see it come to pass.  i'd pay per view it actually.

We would lose the entire administration and the majority of the Senate. Wow. For once I would actually pay for a PPV.

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Why is this forum so full of people that are wishing for other people's deaths, and promoting such?

I guess it was someone impersonating you that wrote on May 16, 2015:

"I also am a vocal proponent for the death penalty.
Even if it is more expensive, it is worth it in some or even most cases."

5 minutes ago, kallend said:

I guess it was someone impersonating you that wrote on May 16, 2015:

"I also am a vocal proponent for the death penalty.
Even if it is more expensive, it is worth it in some or even most cases."

What does that have to do with anything?

Look at the date.

Then, search for my recent stated opinions on the matter.

19 hours ago, wmw999 said:

No, he changed his mind, and decided he was wrong. It happens.

Wendy P.

Death penalty? There are people who deserve to die for what they have done, no question. But that does not mean it is the right or the best thing for us to do.