1 1
airdvr

Hypocrisy of the left

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Of the choices given; Mailing it in, or picking it up in person, which would you choose?

Be honest.

Those weren't the only options presented. Wasn't even the original question.

The question was if I would use USPS if it was recommended. Assuming there are some provisions in place to account for a missing ticket. Yeah I would, if it was recommended.

Now, It would appear Trump is actively working to degrade the service and ability of the USPS.

3 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Sky,

It is my understanding that here in Oregon, you have to go, in person, to the Lottery whatever-it-is-called at the state capital, Salem, OR.  I am sure that there are provisions for the disabled, etc.

Jerry Baumchen

Yeah, different in every jurisdiction, but trying to stay anonymous would be my ultimate goal if possible.

Murder rates etc are much higher for lottery winners. As one lottery winner once said: I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

Yeah, different in every jurisdiction, but trying to stay anonymous would be my ultimate goal if possible.

Murder rates etc are much higher for lottery winners. As one lottery winner once said: I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

You can keep deliberately missing the underlying point, but you want to - so - there is that.

(edited)
35 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You can keep deliberately missing the underlying point, but you want to - so - there is that.

The underlying point is retarded. Cashing lottery tickets and voting have nothing in common.

Shockingly I also like getting blowjobs in person, but that doesn't mean that mail in voting cannot be done successfully.

The reason it is being fought against is because it doesn't favour republicans. With a deadly pandemic raging in your country, all effort should be made to make mail in voting successful. But, like republicans you care more about yourself than what is good for the country or others (as you indicated with caring more for cash than the health of a love done).

Mail in voting has been around for a long, long time, the basis is there. For the best country in the world, with the best political system, the best people, the best academics, the best everything.....it really shouldn't be that hard to take a process that already works extremely well and scale it up.

Edited by SkyDekker

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

I indeed do not get a vote in your federal elections. Thank god. You couldn't pay me enough to live in that shit hole country.

A vote doesn't have a monetary value, but I don't expect an American to be able to understand that. You still think Trump is a great American success story cause you think he has money.

Easy Skydekker. We're struggling right now, that's a fact. Our current leadership is an embarrassing disaster and we have been fucking up left and right both internally and on the world stage. But the United States is not a shit hole country and you are completely out of line, especially considering Canadas long and beneficial relationship with America, to make such a statement. 

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

But the United States is not a shit hole country and you are completely out of line, especially considering Canadas long and beneficial relationship with America, to make such a statement.

That is assuming the current state is an abnormality, or a flaw in the system. I don't believe that, I believe it to be the direct result of the design of the system and a complete inability to look beyond: we are the best and everything we do should be emulated by the entire world.

There is indeed a long and beneficial relationship. Like when 9/11 happened, Canada and most notably Gander showed up to help. When Canada needed help, Trump ordered 3M not to help. There is no doubt the Canadian Economy is to a large degree tied to the US. The statements alluding to: be nice or else, just further shows shithole...

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I would make the drive to the lottery department, usually in the state capital.

I would do that paperwork in person.

So what?

Seriously, what is your point, and how does it apply to any non-lottery winning scenario?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

I suppose it would depend on how much you think your vote is worth, eh?

Lol. How many people in your district want to vote, and how many people in your district do you think would win the lottery jackpot on the same day you win the lottery jackpot?

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Easy Skydekker. We're struggling right now, that's a fact. Our current leadership is an embarrassing disaster and we have been fucking up left and right both internally and on the world stage. But the United States is not a shit hole country and you are completely out of line, especially considering Canadas long and beneficial relationship with America, to make such a statement. 

Want another example:

New Trade deal was very recently ratified. Today Trump decided to institute tariffs.

I am sure it has nothing to do with Russian Mobster Oleg Diepaksa's Rusal Aluminum plant in Kentucky, for which they announced ground breaking this week. 

23 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Want another example:

New Trade deal was very recently ratified. Today Trump decided to institute tariffs.

I am sure it has nothing to do with Russian Mobster Oleg Diepaksa's Rusal Aluminum plant in Kentucky, for which they announced ground breaking this week. 

Two examples: Trump and Trump. Please pull in your horns and reference the time frames implied in my post.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Two examples: Trump and Trump. Please pull in your horns and reference the time frames implied in my post.

Except it isn’t Trump. 

The President only has the authority to do this for national security reasons. Like last time there will be no questioning of this by the established system. Nor is there a national security reason. 

Democrats won’t question or investigate, Republicans won’t care. 

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Don't worry. We will continue to hew your wood and draw your water. (two items of freight that I regularly deliver to the US) And I'm fairly sure that I will also continue to back haul washing machines from OH and IA. Unless we have to get them from Mexico that is.

10 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I heard a scenario that made me think.

If I'm honest - I would side with in person every time.

Q: If you won the lottery jackpot today, would you mail your ticket, through USPS, in order to claim your prize, if you could, and it was recommended?

Be honest.

What does this scenario make you think about? Why would it ever be recommended by anyone that someone mail in a winning lottery ticket? If it's a large prize you may contact the appropriate entities to make a claim by mail, but then you could arrange a meeting to present the lottery ticket in person. You have months to do it. Why would anyone ever recommend just dropping a winning lottery ticket into the mail?

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Don't worry. We will continue to hew your wood and draw your water. (two items of freight that I regularly deliver to the US) And I'm fairly sure that I will also continue to back haul washing machines from OH and IA. Unless we have to get them from Mexico that is.

And we'll continue to provide your security and try to find a way to get your dirty oil to the Gulf. But thank you for the washing machine business.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Except it isn’t Trump. 

The President only has the authority to do this for national security reasons. Like last time there will be no questioning of this by the established system. Nor is there a national security reason. 

Democrats won’t question or investigate, Republicans won’t care. 

It's no wonder you love your continuing and futile arguments with Ron, Brent and Turtle. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It's looking that will continue to involve thousands of dangerous tanker cars on rails.

That's just awful. Somebody needs to do something to stop it. Perhaps you could do a quick check of the Canadien Oil interests organizational chart and see if they have a somebody. You know, a somebody who thinks America should not need to deal with tar sands oil in the first place. No? Then we'll just be the assholes instead.

Edited by JoeWeber

20 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

And we'll continue to provide your security and try to find a way to get your dirty oil to the Gulf. But thank you for the washing machine business.

Hey thanks for that. It leaves Canadian liberals more money for social spending.

Most Canadians understand the aluminum tariffs. There will be arbitral panels to decide in Canada's favor like they do in all the lumber disputes. The tariffs get paid back to those that had to pay them. US politicians get their votes and by the time the US buyer and Canadian producer gets their money back everyone has forgotten what it was all about.

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

That's just awful. Somebody needs to do something to stop it. Perhaps you could do a quick check of the Canadien Oil interests organizational chart and see if they have a somebody. You know, a somebody who thinks America should not need to deal with tar sands oil in the first place. No? Then we'll then just be the assholes instead.

Its that environmentalists and Canadian federal regulations have just about shut down new pipelines. Biden has indicated that he is against new pipelines, including XL, as well. So less safe and more expensive RR tank cars are the result.

11 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

That's just awful. Somebody needs to do something to stop it. Perhaps you could do a quick check of the Canadien Oil interests organizational chart and see if they have a somebody. You know, a somebody who thinks America should not need to deal with tar sands oil in the first place. No? Then we'll just be the assholes instead.

Yeah, until the fracking boom America was all over the tar sands as a friendly and dependable supply. But needs change and so do relationships.

19 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Its that environmentalists and Canadian federal regulations have just about shut down new pipelines. Biden has indicated that he is against new pipelines, including XL, as well. So less safe and more expensive RR tank cars are the result.

Canadian Oil interests are not against pipelines running across US lands. But this is all a digression. What chapped my ass was Skydekker calling the US a shit hole country. We are not. We currently suck, that's a fact. That said, I respectfully submit that some Canadians might show a tad more restraint given the curve of history.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Canadian Oil interests are not against pipelines running across US lands. But this is all a digression. What chapped my ass was Skydekker calling the US a shit hole country. We are not. We currently suck, that's a fact. That said, I respectfully submit that some Canadians might show a tad more restraint given the curve of history.

1812-14?

8 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

... What chapped my ass was Skydekker calling the US a shit hole country. We are not. We currently suck, that's a fact. That said, I respectfully submit that some Canadians might show a tad more restraint given the curve of history.

Well thats his shtick. I'd say banana republic under trump is more accurate. Canada enjoys a huge geographic advantage next to the US. Its akin to the UK next to the EU. Unprotected borders on all sides and large free, well mostly free access to a large southern market. The aforementioned wood, electricity, metals are all in surplus for Canada and a ready market is nice.

Its somewhat somewhat common, perhaps 10-20 percent of the Canadian population to look down on Americans. Love of guns, "freedom" the false economy of "competitive medical care", etc. Can all justify a snobbish attitude for some. But the differences are more in their minds than in practice.

One new president and the US bounces back. Like the UK, Canadian opinions of the US to do the right thing have fallen by 50% since trump.  In Skydekker's defense its easy to see the events surrounding trump as painting the entire country. But a minute or two face to face with a typical moderate American. Changes all of that.

One year after the one two punch of vaccines and improved treatments for covid. With a new WH administration. The US will be back on the right track. making America great for every American.