1 1
airdvr

Hypocrisy of the left

1 hour ago, jakee said:

But no. He was suffocated by a policeman.  There is no dodge you can use to make that not true.

Not a dodge at all.  He was complaining about being able to breath before the cops took him down.  Look, he might have died anyways and instead of the kneeling we would have been told he died in custody.  And it wouldn't have been a lie.  Either way the media would have whipped this into a firestorm.

You believe what you want to believe....

27 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Not a dodge at all.  He was complaining about being able to breath before the cops took him down.  Look, he might have died anyways and instead of the kneeling we would have been told he died in custody.  And it wouldn't have been a lie.  Either way the media would have whipped this into a firestorm.

Lol, right. You believe what Fox tells you might have happened in an alternate reality, I'll believe what really happened in this one.

It's pretty clear reading the lame excuses posted by Airdvr and Bigbear that Trump was absolutely correct when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of Manhattan and his base would still support him.

There's no action, no matter how venal, for which they can't find an excuse.

45 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Not a dodge at all.  He was complaining about being able to breath before the cops took him down.  Look, he might have died anyways and instead of the kneeling we would have been told he died in custody. 

Exactly!  And all those people who died of COVID-19 might have died anyway; lots of them had high blood pressure. And 9/11?  How do you know most of those people didn't die of heart attacks or suffocation, instead of being hit by an airplane like all the liberals claim?  Bet you never hear about any of that in the lamestream press!

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

There's an easy way to figure that out. Just take the George Floyd challenge. Remain stone cold sober and have someone kneel on your neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds. Be sure that you are breathing normally before conducting this test so you can avoid any uncertainty as to the results.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kallend said:

It's pretty clear reading the lame excuses posted by Airdvr and Bigbear that Trump was absolutely correct when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of Manhattan and his base would still support him.

There's no action, no matter how venal, for which they can't find an excuse.

And here's a perfect example of someone whose mind is so set that they would never listen and try to reason things out. BTW your reasoning to take what I said and get where you went needs a reserve chute! Unbelievable!

7 hours ago, bigbearfng said:

I figured out a while ago it's pretty difficult to have a reasonable conversation with folks who already have their mind made up.

7 hours ago, bigbearfng said:

If you are standing next to some idiot throwing bricks etc. would you think it's a good idea to get out of there so don't end up as collateral damage?

Go to www.inconsistantreasoning.com for a complete explanation.

33 minutes ago, bigbearfng said:

And here's a perfect example of someone whose mind is so set that they would never listen and try to reason things out.

What's to reason about a president who has told over 20,000 documented lies, has had 2 courts fine him a total of $27 MILLION  for fraud, has had his foundation shut down by a court for a "pattern of illegal activities", has broken almost all of his campaign promises, is on tape bragging about his sexual predatory behavior, has had more of his associates indicted and convicted than any president since Nixon, etc.

Has Mexico paid for the wall yet?

4 minutes ago, kallend said:

What's to reason about a president who has told over 20,000 documented lies, has had 2 courts fine him a total of $27 MILLION  for fraud, has had his foundation shut down by a court for a "pattern of illegal activities", has broken almost all of his campaign promises, is on tape bragging about his sexual predatory behavior, has had more of his associates indicted and convicted than any president since Nixon, etc.

Has Mexico paid for the wall yet?

Seriously John, are you expecting an epiphany from fngbigbear? He'll just point out that we're manipulated pawns of a liberal rag and then wonder where his favorite super hero went.

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Seriously John, are you expecting an epiphany from fngbigbear? He'll just point out that we're manipulated pawns of a liberal rag and then wonder where his favorite super hero went.

Actually I've always looked at picking who to vote for as choosing the lesser of 2 evils. It's just kind of weird to me how rabid people are getting now a days-and that goes for both sides. So take a deep breath everybody and keep your NTG tabs handy. Jeez!       Btw someone a really admire though I didn't always agree with is Jimmy Carter. After he retired he was out pounding nails to help build homes for the homeless with no media hoorah. Now that I would hope everyone respects!

26 minutes ago, bigbearfng said:

Actually I've always looked at picking who to vote for as choosing the lesser of 2 evils.

Please take a different view. The lesser of two evils idea is an abdication of responsibility for ones vote, I've always thought. In every election you will have a candidate you prefer above the other. Pull the lever and own it; your vote is never someone else's fault.

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Please take a different view. The lesser of two evils idea is an abdication of responsibility for ones vote, I've always thought. In every election you will have a candidate you prefer above the other. Pull the lever and own it; your vote is never someone else's fault.

How about live and let live. You have your view and other people have their view. There's never been a candidate that I liked everything about-who said my vote is some else's fault-huh? I do own it.

4 minutes ago, bigbearfng said:

How about live and let live. You have your view and other people have their view. There's never been a candidate that I liked everything about-who said my vote is some else's fault-huh? I do own it.

The lesser of two evils argument is simply that one was worse so I had to vote for the other. Hence, it was their fault. 

22 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

The lesser of two evils argument is simply that one was worse so I had to vote for the other. Hence, it was their fault. 

Well that's not the way I see it. 

I would bet that everyone in here, even with opposite views would get along fine at the DZ buying each other a beer when the beer light comes on and when in person be able to have civil conversations about anything. It seems on the internet is when the vitriol comes out.

5 minutes ago, bigbearfng said:

Well that's not the way I see it. 

I would bet that everyone in here, even with opposite views would get along fine at the DZ buying each other a beer when the beer light comes on and when in person be able to have civil conversations about anything. It seems on the internet is when the vitriol comes out.

That wasn't vitriol. That was simply explaining the thing in an understandable way. Sadly, and it comes more from the right than the left in my experience, disagreement is often considered an affront.

On 9/9/2020 at 11:43 AM, SkyDekker said:

Nice video of Trump's America.

10 hours ago, airdvr said:

He wasn't suffocated by the state.  If anything he was suffocated by fentanyl.

Jumping in for a quick post, so I can attract some serious ass-whooping from both sides:

This is idiotic! If one group can't simply say that the behavior shown in airdvr's video is simply unacceptable, violent and in no way tolerable (no matter that there is collective trauma that has affected groups of people in this country for centuries and is now bursting out)
and has to instead redirect towards making it someone else's fault (sure: Trump's at fault for many things, but not the individual behavior of these specific people--that is just an entirely different topic)

...and the other group of people cannot simply state that it is absolutely unacceptable behavior to kneel on an unarmed man's neck until that man dies from suffocation (irrespective of what that man may have done before) and has to redirect to some drugs he supposedly has taken before (if that is even true, it has NO bearing on that behavior WHATSOEVER--just like it has no bearing on the behavior of the group of people in the video what Trump may have done.)

I mean: it really seems like we are living in some alternate reality.
(I would have expected better from "my" side of the divide at the very least)

All the time we glorify military action as heroic when really  it is simply the state sanctioned imposition of death and destruction on people whose leaders we disagree with, it is hard to turn around and condemn violent protest against injustice just because the state didn't sanction it. 

All the time we maintain a military we are implicitly endorsing violence as a way to settle problems.

41 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Justice!

I can almost hear the rioters in the back ground - "yeah, and fuck Grimace too, that purple ass motherfuka!"

But Grimace got Back!! 

Grimace wasn't always so nice and friendly - He used to have a lot of Gangsta in him.  If he can change - maybe the the rest of the looters can too.

Grimace from McDonald’s used to be evil.

Y’all remember Grimace, right?

The purple dude, I mean. Ronald McDonald’s de facto best friend.

Throughout my childhood, Grimace was constantly on television, making commercial breaks tolerable with his adorably dopey demeanor and never-say-never attitude. (I’ll remind you that he once caught a literal freakin’ star to give to Ronald for Christmas.)

He was probably the most “purely sweet” character on TV at the time, which is what makes this next part so interesting:

Grimace used to be a VILLAIN.

Yup!

Originally, Grimace was known as The Evil Grimace, a milkshake-stealing monster with four arms and a bad attitude!

That version of the character debuted in 1971, and spent several years as Ronald’s foil. This was all well before my time, and I gotta tell ya, seeing an extra-armed dickhead version of Grimace would’ve totally blown my mind as a kid.
The Evil Grimace even starred in several McDonald’s commercials during the 1970s.

On 9/11/2020 at 6:05 PM, billvon said:

Exactly!  And all those people who died of COVID-19 might have died anyway; lots of them had high blood pressure. And 9/11?  How do you know most of those people didn't die of heart attacks or suffocation, instead of being hit by an airplane like all the liberals claim?  Bet you never hear about any of that in the lamestream press!

Now that you mention it he did test positive for COVID 19

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiWh_Sur-nrAhUlgnIEHSvXBlQQFjAAegQIBRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2Fsections%2Flive-updates-protests-for-racial-justice%2F2020%2F06%2F04%2F869278494%2Fmedical-examiners-autopsy-reveals-george-floyd-had-positive-test-for-coronavirus&usg=AOvVaw1A3IXu2kci_o42qWL7k8hv