1 1
airdvr

Hypocrisy of the left

54 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

He's not advocating the damaging protests, or refusing to enforce the law and order.

He's told cops to be rough with suspects.  He's told his supporters to hit back.  He's offered to pay for the defense of anyone who commits violence in his name.  He has reminisced about the good old days where protesters were treated "very, very rough."

He has indeed advocated violence.

35 minutes ago, billvon said:

He's told cops to be rough with suspects.  He's told his supporters to hit back.  He's offered to pay for the defense of anyone who commits violence in his name.  He has reminisced about the good old days where protesters were treated "very, very rough."

A refresher for the memory-impaired among us:

36 minutes ago, billvon said:

Perhaps - But my statement still stands.

Damaging as in damaging the property of others.  Those peaceful protests.

He tried to send in enforcement.  How did that work out?

Statement still stands.

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

I doubt that she will see herself convicted before Nov 3rd.  Even a plea deal would take more than sufficient time for her to cast her vote.

Where does it say that she is a Democrat?

Jerry Baumchen

Jerry - that raises interesting questions. Do convicted folks that are in prison get to vote? What about folks in jail that haven't been convicted but are being held for trial?

27 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Jerry - that raises interesting questions. Do convicted folks that are in prison get to vote? What about folks in jail that haven't been convicted but are being held for trial?

Until you are convicted as a felon, and even that is subject to certain levels, you can vote.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Jeez Bill, surely you can see that engaging Turtle is futile if the goal is getting him to understand the obvious. Like the rest of American discourse this forum is being dumbed down by the wrong idea that all points of view have value and must be courteously engaged ad nauseam. Turtle should not need to be told what you told him: he should already know it. The reality is that he's playing you just as he plays others. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, billeisele said:

Hi Bill,

It really depends upon the laws in each state.  They do vary.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  IMO if a person has not been convicted, then they should be allowed to vote.  You know, that whole thing about 'innocent until proven guilty.'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Perhaps - But my statement still stands.

Damaging as in damaging the property of others.  Those peaceful protests.

He tried to send in enforcement.  How did that work out?

Statement still stands.

Perhaps?  Are you really factually impaired to that extent?

On 8/9/2020 at 3:13 AM, olofscience said:

Don't you guys see, Turtle is doing the exact same as Trump - not making any definitive claims, but just trying to sow doubt.

That's because they will need that doubt in November.

Trump hardly knew him? Was he the guy who fetched hamburgers for Pence?

5 hours ago, nigel99 said:

Trump hardly knew him? Was he the guy who fetched hamburgers for Pence?

The same talking points have worked many times before. These prosecutions must all be apart of the Qanon, deep state witch hunt of the GOP and their agenda.

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

It sets a precedent.  So does the teacher.  The teachers precedent is much more deplorable.

But again, how does it demonstrate the hypocrisy of "the left"?

The teacher thing happened nearly 4 years ago. If "the left" rallied around to defend her I'm pretty sure we'd have heard about it by now.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:55 AM, SkyDekker said:

I think Melania Trump is the perfect illustration of "American Values" and could not better represent Trump's America.

These values "Melania Trump says US deserves ‘total honesty’ from president despite husband’s 20,000 untruths in office". i.e. where the first lady is also a stooge of her husbands party?

or Melania Trump was praised for acknowledging racism. But she has also spread false ‘birther’ claims about Obama.?

or the sexual escapades of Donald that caused her to refuse to hold his hand in public?

5 hours ago, jakee said:

But again, how does it demonstrate the hypocrisy of "the left"?

The teacher thing happened nearly 4 years ago. If "the left" rallied around to defend her I'm pretty sure we'd have heard about it by now.

I was responding to Bill.  Not to the OP or in reference to the thread title. 

But you knew that.

40 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I was responding to Bill.  Not to the OP or in reference to the thread title. 

But you knew that.

Bill didn't say anything about the teacher. The OP did, as an example of the thread title.