1 1
airdvr

Hypocrisy of the left

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

In my book saying to someone with those charges "I wish you well" means you're on your own.  Bye bye.  

Ah, the next Trump apologist gets in line to defend Trump!  "Sure, what he said sounded bad.  But what he REALLY meant was . . . "  I always love these attempts to polish up his little turds.

I disagree.  

You can disagree all you like.  But since apparently you haven't even watched the video - might it make sense to figure out what you are disagreeing WITH, first?

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

If you're going to legitimize everyone's issues you'll have more stuff like this.  IMJHO the writer of this book should be arrested and charged.

Why? The synopsis of that ‘book’ shows it has the exact opposite goal as the person in the video you posted. 

It is similar in that it also has absolutely no place in a thread about left wing hypocrisy, though.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

I disagree.  

But what if she’s right? Purely hypothetically, I’m not going to argue that she is but hear me out.

It is repulsive to think of being nice to, or offering help to people who admit to wanting to have sex with children. Everyone gets that. But what if it worked? Would you rather continue to demonise anyone who admitted to pedophilic attraction because it makes you feel better, even if it was shown that acceptance and counselling would save more children from being abused?

Dreamland.  I can't think of any person who is a pedophile ever coming forward and admitting it.  Again, another left position that these persons can be saved from themselves.  If your goal is to make them feel better what are they feeling better about?

I can spout off dozens of things liberals have had a hand in over the last 50 years...most of it to the detriment of society.  This is just another example.

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

Dreamland.  I can't think of any person who is a pedophile ever coming forward and admitting it.  Again, another left position that these persons can be saved from themselves.  If your goal is to make them feel better what are they feeling better about?

I can spout off dozens of things liberals have had a hand in over the last 50 years...most of it to the detriment of society.  This is just another example.

If only you could take your male whiteness back 50 years ago right? You sound like the uncle who is slowly figuring out he isn't superior.

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

That wasn’t her goal. You’re just lying again.

3 minutes ago, airdvr said:

This is not an example of something liberals have had a hand in. It’s a suggestion from one person.

Its also still not hypocrisy of any kind from anyone.

7 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Dreamland.  I can't think of any person who is a pedophile ever coming forward and admitting it. 

Because people like you say that anyone who has such feelings is a criminal. 

I can spout off dozens of things liberals have had a hand in over the last 50 years.

Yep.  Reduced pollution.  Cleaned up our waters; rivers don't catch on fire any more.  Ended the damage to the ozone layer.  Allowed disabled people access to public spaces.  Ended the Vietnam war.  Provided healthcare and education for veterans.  Made healthcare more available for everyone.  Developed solar, wind, small hydro and utility scale storage.  Civil rights.  Voting rights.  Minimum wage laws.

O the horror.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Yep.  Reduced pollution.  Cleaned up our waters; rivers don't catch on fire any more.  Ended the damage to the ozone layer.  Allowed disabled people access to public spaces.  Ended the Vietnam war.  Provided healthcare and education for veterans.  Made healthcare more available for everyone.  Developed solar, wind, small hydro and utility scale storage.  Civil rights.  Voting rights.  Minimum wage laws.

O the horror.

All good examples however, I'm talking about the myriad of social programs that are complete failures.

28 minutes ago, airdvr said:

All good examples however, I'm talking about the myriad of social programs that are complete failures.

Like - the Veteran's Adminstration?  Medicaid?  Medicare?  Social security?  Unemployment?  SNAP?  Which is a complete failure?

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Like - the Veteran's Adminstration?  Medicaid?  Medicare?  Social security?  Unemployment?  SNAP?  Which is a complete failure?

Way to pick the low hanging fruit.  There is over $400 billion dollars spent annually on federal aid.  That's $1300 for every man, woman, and child in the US.  There are 38 million people living at or below the poverty level.  That's about $10,500 each.  We spend all this money yet people are worse off than ever before.  You think social programs are working?  The VA has had massive problems for years.  The amount of waste and fraud in Medicare and Medicaid is worse now than ever.  Don't get me started on the SS ponzi scheme.

I guess perhaps complete failure was a bit drastic but many of these programs make the recipient a ward of the state, unable to fend for themselves or worse, a supplement to a life of criminal activity.

52 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I guess perhaps complete failure was a bit drastic but many of these programs make the recipient a ward of the state, unable to fend for themselves or worse, a supplement to a life of criminal activity.

Not much of a new deal guy then are you? How old are you anyway? Those battles were a long time ago. Your side lost.

Just now, airdvr said:

Yes...the plight of inner cities is so much better now.

Compared to when? Income and wealth disparity is at near all time high in your nation. This is the result of political power and influence being concentrated in fewer and fewer hands.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Way to pick the low hanging fruit.  There is over $400 billion dollars spent annually on federal aid.  That's $1300 for every man, woman, and child in the US.  There are 38 million people living at or below the poverty level.  That's about $10,500 each.  We spend all this money yet people are worse off than ever before.  You think social programs are working?  The VA has had massive problems for years.  The amount of waste and fraud in Medicare and Medicaid is worse now than ever.  Don't get me started on the SS ponzi scheme.

Hook, line and sinker.

How do you imagine that Canada, the UK, the EU even function. For two decades the GOP and the right has had that line of B.S. With a little FOX emphasis thrown in. The US can't compete with all the taxes and regulation. With all the welfare.

Then along came trump with tariffs on those "unfair Canadians". Tariffs on EU imports. With all the environmental, social programs how is it that the EU, Germany and Canada even trade? trump slashed taxes tossed out every environmental regulation and slashed almost every regulation. Yet US exports have hardly budged.

Why do those lazy Canadian welfare, lazy Swedish welfare, lazy UK welfare recipients even bother to get out of bed? The benefits in all those US competitors have much superior social benefits. The entire EU must be wards of the state with a little crime on the side eh?

Whats your theory?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

Way to pick the low hanging fruit.  There is over $400 billion dollars spent annually on federal aid.  That's $1300 for every man, woman, and child in the US. 

Right.  That money goes to cops, to colleges, to veterans, to food for women and children, to education for young kids and to businesses.  I bet you support a lot of those programs, even if it doesn't mean every single person in the US gets a $1300 check.

There are 38 million people living at or below the poverty level.  That's about $10,500 each.  We spend all this money yet people are worse off than ever before. 

Are you crazy?  Look at average lifespans.  Look at starvation.  The US has had to reclassify "starvation" to "malnutrition" because poor people are now commonly fat.  They are now getting so much of the wrong food that they get obese.  That's better than dying of starvation.  Not perfect by a long shot, but better.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

This thread should be titled "Hypocrisy of the Trumps".

That's the slightly funny thing about this thread. Everyone knows and understands the basic hypocrisy of the right wing. It needs no special thread of it's own. It is understood. Indeed, that this thread even exists is part of it.

21 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

That's the slightly funny thing about this thread.  Everyone knows and understands the basic hypocrisy of the right wing. It needs no special thread of it's own. It is understood. Indeed, that this thread even exists is part of it.

You make it sound like it's a good thing that the left is blinded by their bias.

On 8/12/2020 at 1:25 PM, wmw999 said:

From what I've read, pedophilia is, in fact, a sexual orientation.

What ever happened to good old fashion fucked in the head?  "Sexual Orientation" makes it sound like it's part of the LGBTQP movement or something.

But I agree, if there are ways to convince people to get help, great.  I say we should fund lobotomies if necessary.