loch1957

How old is too old?

I don't jump any more but it's not because I'm old(er.) I started my business awhile back and decided I no longer had time for it. But I think I have more respect for my own life than I did 20 years ago and as a result would probably be a safer skydiver.

Custom T-Shirts and Pullup cords

Bob_Church

Experienced jumpers who are having fun with smaller canopies is great but I don't understand this growing attitude in the sport that if you don't downsize you shouldn't be here.

Amen. I just saw another 20 something swooper carted off in an ambulance for surgery. Meanwhile, I upsized a couple of times and I'm having a great time. B|

There will probably be a deafening silence from the BPA on the age limit thing. I started AFF at 58 (plus 10 months...) Struggled more than most of the youngsters but with a Top AFF Instructor achieved my A licence then B and a few years later C licence. Still jumping at 66 and hope to continue until I'm old. One positive aspect of the BPA's H.U.A. attitude is that the weather in the UK doesn't often align itself to the A in AFF. By jumping in warmer/sunnier climes continuity can almost always be guaranteed.

Bokdrol

There will probably be a deafening silence from the BPA on the age limit thing. I started AFF at 58 (plus 10 months...) Struggled more than most of the youngsters but with a Top AFF Instructor achieved my A licence then B and a few years later C licence. Still jumping at 66 and hope to continue until I'm old. One positive aspect of the BPA's H.U.A. attitude is that the weather in the UK doesn't often align itself to the A in AFF. By jumping in warmer/sunnier climes continuity can almost always be guaranteed.

I know there are some BPA regulation supporters here somewhere. Thankfully they have managed to keep their ageism views to the BPA boardrooms where elitism belongs.