THier220

Question about log book and A lic

Ok, so I did my AFF this past weekend, I bought a log book, and all data was written down in it. So, looking at my A license proficiency card, I have done many of the skills listed. Can I just transfer the data, or do I have to take it back to the instructor for such.

The signatures on the A license card must be from an instructor. Take your card and your logbook to them during a non-busy time for signatures. Your logbook should show every jump and is the record of skills the instructor will refer too when adding his/her signature to your A license sheet.

Make sense?

THier220

Everything makes sense, except the "non busy" part, Lol.
Thanks,

After jumping is done.

When the beer light is on.

You don't have to drink to hang out and hear the stories. It's usually worth listening to.

Down time during weather holds works too.

Alternatively, have the logbook and card in your hand, but ask "I need some signatures on my card, what would be a good time to ask you to do that?" Make it clear that you aren't expecting it to happen right now (although you are ready if now is a good time).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

For mine they just signed off on stuff in bulk towards the end of the A license. Just note things in your logbook about some stuff like standup landing and other minor details like that. The one I would chase for signatures is someone who saw you do the packing class if the teacher is not an instructor.

Weekends are always busy at delmarva but a signature only takes a few seconds. If they are working with another student or flaking/bagging their canopy, I'll wait until they're done and ask before they move to the next task. You can get a signature after every jump but you may have to wait a minute or two for them to finish debriefing a student or getting the line stows on the bag. They're all friendly there you just have to ask.

Ray