1 1
wmw999

Police State

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:
17 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Yes, you are confused.

Does that clarify it?;)

Excellent, so you don't have me blocked. What a relief.

I don't do that.  I thinks it displays cowardice and only exacerbates the problem given that the blocker now only sees selected quotes of the blocked out of context.

(edited)
5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

You wouldn't happen to have data on how the officers voted versus enlisted, would you? Seems to me that might have a few clues in it.

I have no knowledge or information on this, Joe. 

Edited by BIGUN

7 hours ago, ryoder said:

If he really doesn't want the job, he is free to resign at any time. No one is forcing him to stay. But as a narcissist, he is addicted to power.

He is making heaps of money with campaign funds flowing back to his businesses. No reason to walk away from that. 

Trump’s tweet this morning had only one purpose: take attention away from the absolutely disastrous economic numbers that came out a few minutes after. 

Worst quarter in US history. 

44 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

He is making heaps of money with campaign funds flowing back to his businesses. No reason to walk away from that. 

Trump’s tweet this morning had only one purpose: take attention away from the absolutely disastrous economic numbers that came out a few minutes after. 

Worst quarter in US history. 

Not to forget that US COVID-19 deaths in 6 months are more than 1/3 of US deaths in all of WW2, and long surpassed US deaths in WW1.

Hi folks,

A little update on things here in Portland:  'Portland protesters gather peacefully Thursday as federal officers depart'

'The determination of the protesters seemed to wear down the Trump administration this week, leading DHS acting secretary Chad Wolf to agree to the deal pulling out federal officers'

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/07/31/portland-protesters-gather-peacefully-thursday-as-federal-officers-depart/

To Donald Trump:  Sometimes things do not work out as you want them to.

Jerry Baumchen

38 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

At least Fox coverage has been consistent over the years on federal intervention in Oregon.

Hi heels,

Typical of Faux News, speaking out of both sides of their mouth.

Hmmm, now who else does that?  Could it possibly someone who gets their news from Faux?

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

IMO, this is good news:  'The Department of Homeland Security has reassigned its top intelligence official, . . .  following news that his office compiled intelligence reports on journalists and protesters in Portland, OR.'

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/02/898242662/dhs-reassigns-official-following-intelligence-reports-on-journalists-protesters

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

IMO, this is good news:  'The Department of Homeland Security has reassigned its top intelligence official, . . .  following news that his office compiled intelligence reports on journalists and protesters in Portland, OR.'

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/02/898242662/dhs-reassigns-official-following-intelligence-reports-on-journalists-protesters

Jerry Baumchen

Well his boss has previously stated that protestors are terrorists and journalists guilty of treason.

Must have been an upward promotion.

On 7/24/2020 at 10:44 AM, wmw999 said:

I have a young relative who's involved with the current spate of activism. They are not vandalizing anything. They were arrested a couple of months ago on a protest-related charge, booked, and released without a charge.

They were picked up at home last night by officers who refused to show a warrant; taken downtown and strip-searched, and placed in a cell. Officers made too much noise (i.e. whistles, banging bars, etc) for any sleep to happen. Then late at night they were given their clothes back and told to walk home. No charge, no appearance, no nothing. Their main point in saying this was "if they have enough time on their hands to do this, why not invest a litlte more in health care and housing?"

This is not acceptable. I'm seeing the other side of the story. Do we want to spend more of our society's money controlling people, or providing for them? If freedom is so important, I'd imagine that controlling should be a last, rather than a first, resort.

Wendy P.

That's incredible.  Keep us posted.  That is some seriously Nazi shit.