heavision

St Louis MO

Peeps living in St Louis; where do you jump? Is there a rigger here, near?

I searched and didn't come up with much. There was Fly Free, in Festus 35 mi south, but it looks like they've closed? There's Flying V but they don't allow A licenses, only B and above--WTF? (I'm A licensed, 78 jumps.) Where else?

heavision

Peeps living in St Louis; where do you jump? Is there a rigger here, near?

I searched and didn't come up with much. There was Fly Free, in Festus 35 mi south, but it looks like they've closed? There's Flying V but they don't allow A licenses, only B and above--WTF? (I'm A licensed, 78 jumps.) Where else?

Fly Free is closed permanently. Flying V is is an awesome place, great facility and people. Call ahead, not open every day and sometimes only a handful of fun jumpers. You will get to jump a Cessna 206 with a PT-6 turbine engine, awesome and almost unique in the sport, and you will get plenty of jumps usually. Mid America Sport Parachute Club in Taylorville, IL, seems like a nice place, Cessna 206 and 182 last time I was there; club atmosphere, very friendly. Gateway Skydiving in Greenville, IL, is a nice place but slow for fun jumpers in my experience. Haven't been there in a while but when I have been, almost no fun jumpers and a single 182. They will squeeze you in on a tandem load when they can however and try to ensure you get up to jump. Lots of riggers in area, pm me and I can refer you to someone, depending on what you need and when. There are no full-time riggers around STL so there might be better options elsewhere.

Something to consider, I live near Saint Louis and Skydive Chicago is 250 miles from my house. Chicagoland Skydiving is 275 miles. Depending on what your expectations are, these are an option also. The round trip makes for a long weekend but both are world-class, full service, loft, restaurant, bar, coaches, and multiple turbine aircraft drop zones.

Glidersports Skydiving (Glidersports.com) is in Clinton, MO. A lot of the Festus crowd have migrated over there. Glidersports runs a Supervan 900 and routinely averages 15K or more on altitude and all that in less than 15 minutes.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer