1 1
billvon

Trump expresses support for Ghislaine Maxwell

18 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

I hope Kim Jong Un is well and continues to be well.

I don't.  I hope he dies of a painful feverish infection and spends his last days in the same absolute terror he imparted on his own citizens knowing that his body will be left to rot in a shit filled ditch.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Wow.  That whole narrative was imagined because Trump said "I wish her well."?

You have to give people the opportunity to paint an exasperated picture.  Sure, it's not even a very strong dog whistle, but you have to look at the guy and say, "Come the fuck on, man...."  I know it's ridiculous to point out all the people he SHOULD be wishing well but in regards to women who very obviously spent their life procuring underage girls for a pedophile it's a better move on his part to simply keep his mouth shut.  Could you imagine the Fox News shit storm if Obama had said something like that to a woman like that?

20 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

yeah, he wishes her well while he has yet to say one word about russians putting bounties on american troops, besides not believing it that is.  and i haven't heard more than once or twice he even acknowledged that covid had taken almost 140000 people in this country or wishing them well.  but this pedophile?  sure, as soon as she gets arrested she is receiving presidential acknowledgement.  i hope she and the criminals you mentioned all rot in hell, no wishing any of them well from me.  not hard to see where his loyalties lie, as he is a traitor.  and anyone who still supports him is also a traitor, no other excuses left.

That's a lot of effort to support a child sexual predator that recruited, transported, groomed and sexually abused underage girls.

I didn't think it possible to defend that kind of human.

Just when you think it impossible to see human behavior go any lower.....

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I think you misunderstand.

I'm not wishing her well in her endeavors.  I am wishing her well in her health and well being.

Ah, yes.  Now we get into the Trump apologia.  "Well, he said he wishes her well.  But what he REALLY meant is that he wishes her health, not success or that she prevails in her court case or anything like that."

Bravo for finding yet another way Trump supporters will defend him on this.  I will add it to my list.

(Now is your cue to post "but I'm not a Trump supporter!  I'm NOT!")

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I think you misunderstand.

I'm not wishing her well in her endeavors.  I am wishing her well in her health and well being.

I'm not wishing her well in keeping her freedom.

I don't think that being in prison for a signifcant portion of the rest of her life will be good for her wellbeing. While the US system does seem to focus too much on punishment and nowhere near enough on rehabilitation, there is still a point where part of the whole purpose of prison is that you are less well there than you are free.

If someone said to me "I wish you well and you should be in prison" I would be quite confused as to what they really meant.

Are you wishing for her demise, illness, or the like?

Maybe like other posters here you are wishing for her to contract Covid and die?

Why would you say that?

23 hours ago, DJL said:

it's a better move on his part to simply keep his mouth shut. 

Could you imagine the Fox News shit storm if Obama had said something like that to a woman like that?

Yes - and I wish he would - the face palm moments are  . . . noteworthy and eyerolling, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Yeah - the double standards and hypocrisy are very evident and obvious.  (I don't watch Fox News.) It would be a complete reversal of what we have in the media today.

19 hours ago, jakee said:

Why would you say that?

Because I have seen some posters here actively wishing for people to contract the corona virus.  Well, to be fair, it was none of the the people that would believe as they do politically, but it was their opponents.