1 1
billvon

Trump expresses support for Ghislaine Maxwell

Ghislaine Maxwell is the woman who procured underage women for Jeffery Epstein for sexual purposes, enticing them with good money for "massage" and then forcing them to perform sex acts with Epstein.  She was arrested recently in New Hampshire after hiding for months, and is being held on charges of enticement of minors, sex trafficking and perjury.

Trump had this to say about this woman: "I just wish her well, frankly. I've met her numerous times over the years."

None of this is really news.  It's been clear for years that Trump objectifies women and sees them more as attractive toys than people, so no surprise that he would not be all that outraged by someone who procures them for other men.

But it is going to be interesting to see how his supporters deal with this latest revelation.  They've been using pedophilia as a weapon as much as they can, claiming that Biden did this or that to small girls, and that Clinton ran an underage sex ring.  Will they go with the "he was just kidding/he didn't know what he was saying/he never really knew her" angle?  Hard to do now that he's also said he met her quite often, and there are plenty of pictures and videos of him palling around with Maxwell and Epstein.

Will his supporters start being sort of OK with underage prostitution?  Will we see "well, 17 really isn't a child" or similar attempts to mitigate her crimes?

Will they defend Maxwell now that Trump has said he hopes she does well, and he's known her for a long time?  Will we see "deep state accusing Maxwell of crimes when it was really Biden" or some sort of similar contortion?

I'm going with the first option, but I can never tell what's going to happen with Trump supporters, so we'll see.

3 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Trump just sent a dog whistle that Maxwell is going to get the same deal as Stone.

The federal charges need to be replaced by state charges.

Yup.  Exactly what I came here to say.  There is ZERO reason for him to do anything but put a giant wall between the two of them and he has all the information at his fingertips to know exactly how guilty she is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

There has to be more info forthcoming, I hope.

Are you incapable of reaching your own educated conclusions about someone who spent most of her life enabling a pedophile?

30 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Trump just sent a dog whistle that Maxwell is going to get the same deal as Stone.

Stone had his sentence commuted. She is not even going to trial till summer of 2021. Long after Trump is defeated and the rats flee his ship.

7 hours ago, billvon said:

...Will his supporters start being sort of OK with underage prostitution?  Will we see "well, 17 really isn't a child" or similar attempts to mitigate her crimes?...

There's already stuff going around on FB that Trump supporters are (purportedly) saying that if the left is fine with a 16 year old setting policy on AGW, why do they have a problem with Epstein paying them for sex.

(edited)
48 minutes ago, DJL said:
53 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Yup.  Exactly what I came here to say.  There is ZERO reason for him to do anything but put a giant wall between the two of them and he has all the information at his fingertips to know exactly how guilty she is.

Similar sentiments crossed my mind as well, but I'm also wondering if this is his way of telling her she's on her own.

Edited by Coreece

1 hour ago, DJL said:

She may also have all the information to know exactly how guilty he is.

Between pictures, videos, and financial records, there's no telling who is involved.

There are already accusations of Trump raping a 13 year old girl provided him by her and Epstein.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 09.01.59.png

Trying to imagine what her interrogation will look like:

I am picturing the discussion in the jail interrogation room.

Barr: OK, Maxwell. You better be straight with us or my pal Guido here will add a few holes to your head. Capiche?

Maxwell: OK fine.  I'll talk.

Barr: Now, we want dirt and we want it NOW. Who'd you set up? What big names?

Maxwell: OK OK. I set up Mike Maroney with a woman and he paid me for it. He's a state senator. She was 18; I recruited her from a pimp in West Virginia. She was . . .

Barr: Excellent. We can nail his ass to the wall on this! You keep naming names, and we can . .

Guido: Uh, boss, he was a GOPer.

Barr: Oh. Uh. It's a he said-she said. We can't trust everything we hear. Who else? And make it a good one this time!

Maxwell: OK. I set up Epstein with an underage woman, Virginia Giuffre.

Barr: Excellent. Did any Democrats help you? Where'd you get her?

Maxwell: Well, I found her at Mar-A-Lago after I talked to Donald Trump. She was 17 and I . . . BANG

Barr: Would you look at that, Guido? She killed herself just like Epstein did. What a coincidence! And you with the only gun in the room.

And Trump has a dilemma;

A commutation like Stone got would be preferable, but he can't commute her sentence, because she yet to be sentenced.

He could give her a pardon now, but if she had a pardon, she could be compelled to testify against him.

Wow.  That whole narrative was imagined because Trump said "I wish her well."?

I can't bring myself to wish anyone suffering anymore.

I have a lot of reasons that people think I should wish suffering, but I just can't anymore.

I wish everyone well. 

I hope Biden is well and continues to be well.

I hope all the posters here are well, and continue to be well.

I hope Nancy Pelosi is well and continues to be well, and the Clintons too.

I wish the Trumps well, and the Barrs, and the Comeys . . .

I hope Maxwell is well, and continues to be well.

I hope Kim Jong Un is well and continues to be well.

I hope they all live to experience justice.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Wow.  That whole narrative was imagined because Trump said "I wish her well."?

I can't bring myself to wish anyone suffering anymore.

I have a lot of reasons that people think I should wish suffering, but I just can't anymore.

I wish everyone well. 

I hope Biden is well and continues to be well.

I hope all the posters here are well, and continue to be well.

I hope Nancy Pelosi is well and continues to be well, and the Clintons too.

I wish the Trumps well, and the Barrs, and the Comeys . . .

I hope Maxwell is well, and continues to be well.

I hope Kim Jong Un is well and continues to be well.

I hope they all live to experience justice.

yeah, he wishes her well while he has yet to say one word about russians putting bounties on american troops, besides not believing it that is.  and i haven't heard more than once or twice he even acknowledged that covid had taken almost 140000 people in this country or wishing them well.  but this pedophile?  sure, as soon as she gets arrested she is receiving presidential acknowledgement.  i hope she and the criminals you mentioned all rot in hell, no wishing any of them well from me.  not hard to see where his loyalties lie, as he is a traitor.  and anyone who still supports him is also a traitor, no other excuses left.

1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

yeah, he wishes her well while he has yet to say one word about russians putting bounties on american troops, besides not believing it that is.  and i haven't heard more than once or twice he even acknowledged that covid had taken almost 140000 people in this country or wishing them well.  but this pedophile?  sure, as soon as she gets arrested she is receiving presidential acknowledgement.  i hope she and the criminals you mentioned all rot in hell, no wishing any of them well from me.  not hard to see where his loyalties lie, as he is a traitor.  and anyone who still supports him is also a traitor, no other excuses left.

I wish you well.

The Story of the Angry Young Man and The Buddha

It is said that one day the Buddha was walking through a village. A very angry and rude young man came up and began insulting him, saying all kind of rude words.

The Buddha was not upset by these insults. Instead he asked the young man, “Tell me, if you buy a gift for someone, and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong?”

The young man was surprised to be asked such a strange question and answered, “It would belong to me, because I bought the gift.”

The Buddha smiled and said, “That is correct. And it is exactly the same with your anger. If you become angry with me and I do not get insulted, then the anger falls back on you. You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me. All you have done is hurt yourself.”

32 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The Buddha smiled and said, “That is correct. And it is exactly the same with your anger. If you become angry with me and I do not get insulted, then the anger falls back on you. You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me. All you have done is hurt yourself.”

While that is indeed a good way of approaching life there is one small issue in this case - Trump is not the Buddha. When Trump feels he is being slighted he definitely becomes unhappy, which by the logic of the analogy means the critic does not hurt himself.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

While that is indeed a good way of approaching life there is one small issue in this case - Trump is not the Buddha. When Trump feels he is being slighted he definitely becomes unhappy, which by the logic of the analogy means the critic does not hurt himself.

No - the Buddha is the person on both sides.

One is getting angry and the other is himself getting out of the anger by not receiving it.

Its paraphrased.

Its like a Freudian dream - you are everyone in your dreams.

9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I wish everyone well. 

I don't.  Indeed, I hope that she becomes a stunning and complete failure as a pimp for underage girls, and that she loses the freedom to ever do that again.  That is not, despite all the twisting of language in the world, "wishing her well."  Indeed it is the opposite.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I wish you well.

The Story of the Angry Young Man and The Buddha

It is said that one day the Buddha was walking through a village. A very angry and rude young man came up and began insulting him, saying all kind of rude words.

The Buddha was not upset by these insults. Instead he asked the young man, “Tell me, if you buy a gift for someone, and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong?”

The young man was surprised to be asked such a strange question and answered, “It would belong to me, because I bought the gift.”

my first response tot his was that is stupid as hell.  i haven't hurt anyone by being angry, in fact, quite the opposite since holding anger such as i have toward agent orange inside is rather harmful. 

now, let me ask you a question if i may.  do you still support trump? 

10 hours ago, billvon said:

I don't.  Indeed, I hope that she becomes a stunning and complete failure as a pimp for underage girls, and that she loses the freedom to ever do that again.  That is not, despite all the twisting of language in the world, "wishing her well."  Indeed it is the opposite.

I think you misunderstand.

I'm not wishing her well in her endeavors.  I am wishing her well in her health and well being.

I'm not wishing her well in keeping her freedom.

Are you wishing for her demise, illness, or the like?

Maybe like other posters here you are wishing for her to contract Covid and die?