RonD1120

The National Museum for African American History and Culture (NMAAHC)

Cool.....I just goes to confirm my belief that EVERYONE is affected by their view of racial characteristics. There sure are a pile of stereotypes, as a white person I consider myself part of white culture. And Canadian is not much different than American. Some, but not all of those points describe my culture.

Just remember what mama always said. Racist is as racist does.

They’re not saying those are bad. They’re just saying that most white people in the US generally see them as good. Big difference. 
If you prefer, Ron, you can consider it instructions on how they can mold themselves to you. :blank:
Wendy P. 

Ben Shapiro - it “suggests all pathways to success — hard work, stable family structure, individual decision-making — represent complicity in white supremacy.”

Trump Jr - “These aren’t ‘white’ values. They’re American values that built the world’s greatest civilization. They help you succeed here, no matter your color. So make no mistake, Biden’s radicals aren’t coming for ‘whites,’ they’re coming for the entire American way of life.”

The actual origins of the chart (it's older than I am):

The chart came from a 1978 book, “White Awareness: Handbook for Anti-Racism Training” by Judy H. Katz, according to the museum. It lists about 50 attributes white people used to describe their culture. These attributes, it said, “have been normalized over time and are now considered standard practices in the United States. And since white people still hold most of the institutional power in America, we all have internalized some aspects of white culture, including people of color.”

Man, the bigots are SO close to gaining self-awareness, I'm sure they'll get it sooner or later... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

Ben Shapiro - it “suggests all pathways to success — hard work, stable family structure, individual decision-making — represent complicity in white supremacy.”

Trump Jr - “These aren’t ‘white’ values. They’re American values that built the world’s greatest civilization. They help you succeed here, no matter your color. So make no mistake, Biden’s radicals aren’t coming for ‘whites,’ they’re coming for the entire American way of life.”

The actual origins of the chart (it's older than I am):

The chart came from a 1978 book, “White Awareness: Handbook for Anti-Racism Training” by Judy H. Katz, according to the museum. It lists about 50 attributes white people used to describe their culture. These attributes, it said, “have been normalized over time and are now considered standard practices in the United States. And since white people still hold most of the institutional power in America, we all have internalized some aspects of white culture, including people of color.”

Man, the bigots are SO close to gaining self-awareness, I'm sure they'll get it sooner or later... 

Thanks for taking the dog whistle away.

17 hours ago, wmw999 said:

They’re not saying those are bad. They’re just saying that most white people in the US generally see them as good. Big difference. 
If you prefer, Ron, you can consider it instructions on how they can mold themselves to you. :blank:
Wendy P. 

I did ponder that aspect. Now I understand the NMAAHC has removed the graphic from their website.

I wonder how many of the BLM, Antifa, Moveon.Org, etc. consider them as qualities to emulate.

Also, did anyone noticed the U.S. Flag was displayed incorrectly?

4 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I did ponder that aspect. Now I understand the NMAAHC has removed the graphic from their website.

I wonder how many of the BLM, Antifa, Moveon.Org, etc. consider them as qualities to emulate.

Also, did anyone noticed the U.S. Flag was displayed incorrectly?

This one?

I dislike they removed our national colors, but they have the right to protest, so ...

51EIeE2WAKL._AC_SX450_.jpg

(edited)

too politically incorrect.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, normiss said:

This one?

I dislike they removed our national colors, but they have the right to protest, so ...

51EIeE2WAKL._AC_SX450_.jpg

I am not a fan of this one either. IMO, the U.S. Flag should be honored and displayed properly. It took me a long time to accept subdued flags on military uniforms.

• Like 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I am not a fan of this one either. IMO, the U.S. Flag should be honored and displayed properly. It took me a long time to accept subdued flags on military uniforms.

I struggled with understanding the Constitutional right to protest using the flag as a means of expression.

I think that's why it's used that way, it hits home. Hard.

I've since accepted that I may not agree with why people protest or the method they use to get a response, but it IS a protected right. I do support that.

Edited by normiss

20 minutes ago, normiss said:

I struggled with understand the Constitutional right to protest using the flag as a means of expression.

I think that's why it's used that way, it hits home. Hard.

I've since accepted that I may not agree with why people protest or the method they use to get a response, but it IS a protected right. I do support that.

Yup. That's what the 1st A is for. 

It doesn't protect cute pics of cats (well, it does, but not too many people want those taken down).

It protects speech that those in power find offensive. 

The part that gets me is how many folks hammer on Colin Kapernick for kneeling, or the 'left wing radicals' for burning a flag, yet display that 'blue line' flag, or the one where the stripes are replaced with the words to the Pledge.

Their desecration of the flag isn't disrespectful.

What others do is. 

Total hypocrisy.

2 hours ago, normiss said:

Hi Mark,

As do I:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-story-behind-the-surreal-photos-of-portland-protester-naked-athena/ar-BB16WhI5?li=BBnb7Kz

Jerry Baumchen

10 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hey Jerry,

Given the current effort of the protestors to show themselves as completely non-threatening, unarmed of chalk, and entirely defenseless and vulnerable to the storm troopers, this was an amazing display of peaceful protest. There is no mistaking her peaceful message IMO.

MC

(edited)
8 hours ago, normiss said:

I do not not dispute that statement. However consider this, The U.S. are fundamentally Christian. Everything in our culture has its historical roots there.

It is very difficult for non-Christians to understand intellectually what a relationship with Jesus Christ truly means.

There are true believers, non-believers, and make believers. They all come under the heading Human Beings.

Edited by RonD1120

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

I do not not dispute that statement. However consider this, The U.S. are fundamentally Christian. Everything in our culture has its historical roots there.

The part of the US population you belong to is culturally Christian. Historically the whole continent is pagan.

It is very difficult for non-Christians to understand intellectually what a relationship with Jesus Christ truly means.

It means the same thing as believing in any other god. It is called mysticism and it certainly is not unique to Christians.

(edited)
10 hours ago, normiss said:

There are true believers, non-believers, and make believers. They all come under the heading Human Beings.

8 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The part of the US population you belong to is culturally Christian. Historically the whole continent is pagan.

This Christian? "The Inquisition, in historical ecclesiastical parlance also referred to as the "Holy Inquisition", was a group of institutions within the Catholic Church whose aim was to combat heresy. The Inquisition started in 12th-century France to combat religious dissent, in particular the Cathars and the Waldensians. Other groups investigated later included the Spiritual Franciscans, the Hussites (followers of Jan Hus) and the Beguines. Beginning in the 1250s, inquisitors were generally chosen from members of the Dominican Order, replacing the earlier practice of using local clergy as judges.[1] The term Medieval Inquisition covers these courts up to the mid-15th century. "

This Christian? An American Secret: The Untold Story Of Native American Enslavement

This Christian?  Catholic Church and slavery

Of course I could go on and on about how Christians and "white protestants" wish to define themselves. To re-write history. At least Germany has the discipline and integrity to recognize its past historical mistakes.

Want to send some trump supporting white evangelical/protestant supporters up the wall?

Mention reparations.

Edited by Phil1111

https://abc7ny.com/black-lives-matter-arrests-trump-tower-mural-vandalized-red-paint/6323596/

I'm confused - I thought the mural was technically graffiti.

So now you can be a black woman arrested for defacing someone else's BLM graffiti?

Or has the mayor sanctioned that graffiti, but  . . . I dunno - how exactly does that work?