1 1
JoeWeber

Our new Secret Police and more renditions, lovely

“A U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) spokeswoman said on Friday agents had been deployed to Portland to support a newly launched U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) unit, tasked with enforcing last month’s executive order from Republican President Donald Trump to protect federal monuments and buildings.”

Immigration and Customs Enforcement and DHS’s Federal Protective Service are also reportedly involved.

An unnamed “senior DHS official” defended the arrests, which have been described as renditions since videos have shown the security forces do not announce a reason for detainment, do not identify themselves, and do not read Miranda rights."

I do believe a lot of folks, on hearing they were going to a rendition, might imagine they were going to hear happy children singing songs. Certainly they would not imagine that, without their rights being explained, they were about to be tossed into a Black Maria, with no opportunity to call their lawyer and then spirited away into the night to a unknown location where there were definitely no happy children singing songs. Nonetheless, that is apparently where we are in America today. Thanks, patriots.

Edited by JoeWeber

8 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

“A U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) spokeswoman said on Friday agents had been deployed to Portland to support a newly launched U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) unit, tasked with enforcing last month’s executive order from Republican President Donald Trump to protect federal monuments and buildings.”

Immigration and Customs Enforcement and DHS’s Federal Protective Service are also reportedly involved.

An unnamed “senior DHS official” defended the arrests, which have been described as renditions since videos have shown the security forces do not announce a reason for detainment, do not identify themselves, and do not read Miranda rights.

I do believe a lot of folks, on hearing they were going to a rendition, might imagine they were going to hear happy children singing songs. Certainly the would not imagine that, without their rights being explained, they were about to be tossed into a Black Maria, with no opportunity to call their lawyer and then spirited away into the night to a unknown location where there were definitely no happy children singing songs. Nonetheless, that is apparently where we are in America today. Thanks, patriots.

Hi Joe,

https://www.opb.org/news/article/federal-law-enforcement-unmarked-vehicles-portland-protesters/

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  My son sent it to me earlier today.  At first, I could not believe it.

3 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

https://www.opb.org/news/article/federal-law-enforcement-unmarked-vehicles-portland-protesters/

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  My son sent it to me earlier today.  At first, I could not believe it.

Immigration and customs agents forcibly kidnapping US citizens?

I still can't fucking believe it's legal, let alone at first.

(edited)
1 minute ago, RonD1120 said:

SHTF getting closer, what do you think?

Again, when was the last time in your entire life that you didn't think SHTF was just around the corner? 

Edited by jakee

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/40/1315

(C)

make arrests without a warrant for any offense against the United States committed in the presence of the officer or agent or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if the officer or agent has reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing a felony;

They are going to (At least SHOULD) have a LOT of trouble when it comes to justifying the arrests of these people.

There are so many other ways to influence, and put pressure on state, county, and city management.  This is stupid.  It's posturing.  It's a pissing contest, and someone wants to show that he has the biggest pisser.

When you give power to the government, they will eventually use it against you.

55 minutes ago, jakee said:

Again, when was the last time in your entire life that you didn't think SHTF was just around the corner? 

28 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Dude, when you’re helping throw it, don’t complain. 
Unless that’s breathless anticipation, there. 
Wendy P. 

Yes and yes. Ron is worried that there is going to be a new president in 2021 and a vaccine and still no SHTF!  That he could be laid to rest behind his chapel but still no SHTF.

8 hours ago, tonyhays said:

I'm sure the gun-rights advocates are creaming in their pants at the thought of being able to rise up against a tyrannical government kidnapping their own citizens.  

Surely they will stand up to this.  Surely.

trump has always envied Putin and Xi. When Tony Fauci disappears you'll know democrats could be next. That it will be time to become a trump "centrist" like a well known poster on SC.

Now, Trump and his people have gone all-in on dividing the country, both to hold his base and to frighten his opponents with fascist tactics. The administration has sent federal agents in battle gear to Portland, Oregon, in what it says is an attempt to protect federal property.

But the complaints against the protesters are embarrassing. Yesterday Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf released a press release warning the American people just how dangerous the “violent anarchists” in Portland are. His list includes 17 counts of graffitiing a courthouse, damaging fences, “throwing animal seed” (what does this even mean?), vandalizing two security cameras, breaking windows, and throwing fireworks.

For these acts, unidentified officers in unmarked cars are pulling people off the streets. The officers appear to be from Customs and Border Protection, and a memo obtained by The Nation says they are a special task force created by the Department of Homeland Security in response to Trump’s Executive Order on Protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues and Combating Recent Criminal Violence. The task force is called the Protecting American Communities Task Force (PACT), and is supposed to combat civic unrest.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxrichardson/posts/2352935854850467

9 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Now, Trump and his people have gone all-in on dividing the country, both to hold his base and to frighten his opponents with fascist tactics. The administration has sent federal agents in battle gear to Portland, Oregon, in what it says is an attempt to protect federal property.

But the complaints against the protesters are embarrassing. Yesterday Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf released a press release warning the American people just how dangerous the “violent anarchists” in Portland are. His list includes 17 counts of graffitiing a courthouse, damaging fences, “throwing animal seed” (what does this even mean?), vandalizing two security cameras, breaking windows, and throwing fireworks.

For these acts, unidentified officers in unmarked cars are pulling people off the streets. The officers appear to be from Customs and Border Protection, and a memo obtained by The Nation says they are a special task force created by the Department of Homeland Security in response to Trump’s Executive Order on Protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues and Combating Recent Criminal Violence. The task force is called the Protecting American Communities Task Force (PACT), and is supposed to combat civic unrest.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxrichardson/posts/2352935854850467

Papers Please!!

3 hours ago, BIGUN said:

It doesn't matter. It's not DoD 

The Geheime Staatspolizei (Secret State Police), abbreviated Gestapo, was the official secret police of Nazi Germany and German-occupied Europe.  

Not the military either, but not something we should emulate.......

6 minutes ago, kallend said:

The Geheime Staatspolizei (Secret State Police), abbreviated Gestapo, was the official secret police of Nazi Germany and German-occupied Europe.  

Not the military either, but not something we should emulate.......

No argument at all. I hope I've made my position clear on the division of military and police. 

• Like 1