billvon

We're going to see this more and more often

A good reminder that SARS-CoV-2 doesn't care what your beliefs about freedom, masks or distancing are:

==================

St. Johns County Commissioner Paul Waldron caught the coronavirus and went into septic shock after voting against a motion to mandate masks for county employees last week.

His daughter posted on Facebook on July 9 that Waldron “went into septic shock and has many organs struggling.”

“He is currently in the most critical of conditions,” she wrote. “I ask you not to doubt the power of prayer.”

==================

https://wtfflorida.com/news/madness/commissioner-who-voted-against-masks-in-critical-condition-with-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR3IQQctw4C8XjYiyt5gx5W64XOIsLPRkQE8Ke13tlO9X4sKMmfqvTqHW2k

7 hours ago, billvon said:

A good reminder that SARS-CoV-2 doesn't care what your beliefs about freedom, masks or distancing are:

==================

St. Johns County Commissioner Paul Waldron caught the coronavirus and went into septic shock after voting against a motion to mandate masks for county employees last week.

His daughter posted on Facebook on July 9 that Waldron “went into septic shock and has many organs struggling.”

“He is currently in the most critical of conditions,” she wrote. “I ask you not to doubt the power of prayer.”

==================

https://wtfflorida.com/news/madness/commissioner-who-voted-against-masks-in-critical-condition-with-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR3IQQctw4C8XjYiyt5gx5W64XOIsLPRkQE8Ke13tlO9X4sKMmfqvTqHW2k

His emphasis should be remdesivir,o2 and other medical treatments, because I personally "doubt the power of prayer."

On 7/11/2020 at 8:34 AM, Phil1111 said:

I personally "doubt the power of prayer."

For some  prayer also serves as a form of meditation whereby they receive confirmation on how to approach various issues.  For example, one may pray to be protected from covid, then suddenly proverbs 27:12 pops into your head:

"The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it."

12 minutes ago, Coreece said:

For some  prayer also serves as a form of meditation whereby they receive confirmation on how to approach various issues.  For example, one may pray to be protected from covid, then suddenly proverbs 27:12 pops into your head:

"The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it."

Do you reckon he was praying he wouldn't get it before he got it or was he maybe distracted by praying for winning lottery numbers?

13 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:
26 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Do you reckon he was praying he wouldn't get it before he got it or was he maybe distracted by praying for winning lottery numbers?

I don't see any reason to kick this guy or his family when they're down, nor was that my intention.  You guys have made your point.  Let it serve as an example and move on.

May God be merciful to us all when we make mistakes, especially if it's a fatal one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I don't see any reason to kick this guy or his family when they're down, nor was that my intention.  You guys have made your point.  Let it serve as an example and move on.

May God be merciful to us all when we make mistakes, especially if it's a fatal one.

It's not kicking him when he's down, it's simply observing it wasn't an injustice anymore than if he'd lost his money because he believed keeping it in his armpits was smart.

(edited)
On 7/10/2020 at 11:30 PM, billvon said:

31 minutes ago, Coreece said:

The reason people are so hard on guys like this is the effect they have on others. His mistake was one that will probably harm others. Too many officials in the US are making decisions based on political positions rather than medical reasoning.

Personally, I am somewhat conflicted. I see a man like this as a symbol and therefore want him to suffer symbolically. I also know that it is wrong to wish bad things for him. In the end none of us have any control over his outcome anyway. If any one of us were in the position of providing him care I am sure we would treat him as well as any other patient.

Edited by gowlerk

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I also know that it is wrong to wish bad things for him.

Why? What's it take to get you Canadians excited? Puppy kicking? Drunk driving in school zones? Cancelling winter? I'm to where I think it's perfectly appropriate to wish ill on ignorant assholes in positions of power that are selfishly putting others at risk.

42 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Since God appears OK with hundreds of thousands dying from His virus, I hope His mercy for His enabler is appropriately calibrated.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

The reason people are so hard on guys like this is the effect they have on others. His mistake was one that will probably harm others. Too many officials in the US are making decisions based on political positions rather than medical reasoning.

Personally, I am somewhat conflicted. I see a man like this as a symbol and therefore want him to suffer symbolically. I also know that it is wrong to wish bad things for him. In the end none of us have any control over his outcome anyway. If any one of us were in the position of providing him care I am sure we would treat him as well as any other patient.

I have changed since I was younger - I no longer wish for suffering on anyone.

6 hours ago, Coreece said:

I agree but its difficult to forgive those who endanger others and cost other lives.

5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Why? What's it take to get you Canadians excited? Puppy kicking? Drunk driving in school zones? Cancelling winter? I'm to where I think it's perfectly appropriate to wish ill on ignorant assholes in positions of power that are selfishly putting others at risk.

I'll admit I'd be happy if trump got covid. Sometimes one has to be sacrificed to save many. Puppy kicking too.

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I have changed since I was younger - I no longer wish for suffering on anyone.

The stupid I'll have empathy for. The outright evil no. Thats all a part of my conservative past.

7 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:
6 hours ago, Coreece said:

I agree but its difficult to forgive those who endanger others and cost other lives.

Especially over politics.  I have no problem with these things being pointed out - I just have no interest in joining your guys' circle jerks and didn't want my post to be seen as such.

On 7/16/2020 at 7:51 AM, JoeWeber said:

Well, this Canadian would definitely chuckle if somebody didn't believe in gravity and jumped out of a plane without a parachute. I'd feel bad for their family, but would definitely feel like he had it coming.

I don't see cases like this as any different. As the saying goes: if you are going to be stupid, you better be tough.