Starx

Majik booties on a Bev suit

Does anyone have Majik booties on their Bev suit that they could post a picture of?  The text description I got of what they are isn't quite enough for me to picture it in my head.

Also, do you like your majik booties?  What effect do they have vs. the cordura booties?  I'm looking to replace my current Bev suit which has cordura booties and this is the only option I haven't made up my mind about yet.

I have them and I do like them, but since it's the only booty suit I had in the last 2 years I can't say for sure how they compare to the regular cordura booties. Essentially they have a couple extra pieces of fabric that create an air channel, which inflates them when you put your legs fully into the airflow (see red circle). I probably notice it most, when tracking away. I sure get a lot of forward push and lift from my legs.
My measurements were also slightly off and the booties are a bit longer than they should have been, so they don't fully stretch out until I point my toes to the max, and I think that air channel helps to counteract that, inflating them a bit more, even when I don't have them stretched to the max.
In the picture you can also see that this is an extra area where the stitching can come off (bottom left of the fabric--so in that picture they are actually not quite doing their job), but that took about 2 years of regular usage and was extremely easy to fix. A rigger sowed it back on within 5 minutes.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 11.07.23.png

Here's a few shots of mine with the majik booties.  I've only ever had majik booties on my Bev suits, about to get a new suit for next year and will also get them.  I think they are a bit stiffer than codura which allows you to get more grip on the air, very useful if doing 4-way which needs fast changes in direction.

One of the guys on my team was on Deland Majik who created these booties, I can always ask him for more insights if you want more info, but I'd recommend getting them.

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 12.48.45.png

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 12.48.19.png

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 12.48.09.png