Blueskies110

Lost/cannot locate rig documentation, what do I do?

Question

I went on a skydiving trip in February and had my rig packed over there. I have only just noticed that my rig documentation (vigil card, reserve pack details and equipment detail) are not in my pouch in my rig. I have checked all my gear and I do not have it. I have also send the dropzone an email to check if it was somehow left there. I have no memory of not picking it up, picking it up and I have not jumped since returning home. 

Given this - if I contact the rigger who packed it and get proof of my reserve repack would this be ok? Additionally contacting Vigil for proof? 

Anything else you recommend? 

Thank you

1 answer to this question

The rigger who last packed your gear can mail you a new data card with all the info about serial numbers, etc, and the latest repack only, on it, so you'll be able to prove you're in date. You'll be missing documentation of any repairs that may have been done, but that's your only disadvantage, really. If you aren't planning to jump it before its next repack is due, you don't even need to bother with that - the next rigger will give you a new data card when they pack it.

• Like 1