kmzamani

Coach rating examiner

On 7/11/2020 at 3:19 PM, sfzombie13 said:

you don't have to take the canopy course, you just need the proficiency card signed off.  i just got my b last week this way.  the s&ta watched from the ground while i did the things listed. 

thank you , but I am not asking about the person who signs the card , i am asking about DZ. 

should the DZ. be the USPA affiliated DZ. ?

i doubt it since the comment above said it didn't have to be a uspa dz to have the other course.  you said in your comment that the canopy course is required for a b license and it is not required, only the card is.  pretty sure the instructor can conduct a course in an open field if the required notam is filed and the field meets the requirements in the sim for the appropriate license. 

On 7/6/2020 at 1:09 PM, kmzamani said:

Are the Coach rating examiners allowed to run coach rating course in a non USPA  affilated  Drop Zones ?

Only with special clearance from headquarters.

Under normal circumstance, group member drop zone is required.

• Like 1

You can hold coach and instructor ratings courses at non group member dz's. For a fee payable to the USPA. It really always comes down to money. We held both coach and IAD and Static line courses at our bon memeber dz. Paid a huge fee to do so. Money.. Also canopy courses can be conducted by anyone. They do not even need to be a member of the USPA. they have to be approved by an S&TA or the like.