1 1
wmw999

Crimes I have committed

Crimes I have committed  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Check each one you’ve committed, and not been sentenced to jail, fine, or prison

• Marijuana consumption
    • Marijuana sale
    • Harder drug consumption
    • Harder drug sale
    • Sex where you pressured someone seriously
    • DUI (no accident)
    • DUI with accident
    • Theft (including shoplifting)
    • Underage drinking or buying for underage drinkers
    • Joyriding/car theft or other motor vehicle theft
    • Fake ID
    • Unlicensed weapon carry
    • Fighting in public
    • Loud carousing/disturbing the peace
    • Anything else (feel free to share details so we can give you crap)

I’ve done stuff — we all have. And some folks talk about minorities who get into trouble as deserving it because they shouldn’t have offended. 
So here’s an anonymous poll. I had such a good reputation in high school that when I climbed over the fence to skip with two other guys, they were called in the next day and I wasn’t because it couldn’t have been me. 
When you’re a minority in many places, you don’t get that pass, and they’re looking for you to cause trouble in the first place. 
Wendy P. 

• Like 1

(edited)

I’ll go first. No point if I’m not willing. Pot is legal where I am now, and drinking is legal at my age, but neither always was. And in high school I shoplifted a couple of times as a challenge (yeah, weird). Everything is way past statute of limitations, obviously. The advantage of being old is that stupid shit is no longer as interesting. 
Im not a minority wearing an evil thug hoodie. 
Wendy P. 

Edited by wmw999

Some of them.

Not willing to go further than that. Statute of Limitations has been reached on all of them, but I'm not willing to put the stupid shit I did when I was young out there.

But I never got caught.

My answer to the question "Have you ever been arrested?" is 'No'.

I actually would get that question from Canadian customs every once in a while. 
They take DUI more seriously up there, and are known for refusing entry to people who have convictions.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Some of them.

Not willing to go further than that. Statute of Limitations has been reached on all of them, but I'm not willing to put the stupid shit I did when I was young out there.

But I never got caught.

My answer to the question "Have you ever been arrested?" is 'No'.

I actually would get that question from Canadian customs every once in a while. 
They take DUI more seriously up there, and are known for refusing entry to people who have convictions.

Yeah, I've done most of the things on that list. Not weapon carry, not DUI with accident, and sex under pressure? Not sure what that means, but if you basically mean date rape, then no. People who drop out of school at 15 yo don't spend the next few years being shining examples of behavior.

Edited by gowlerk

(edited)

I've frequently exceeded the speed limit and not come to a full stop at a stop sign, and twice driven with expired registration.

I also flew closer than 2000ft horizontally from a cloud when VFR in both a plane and a wingsuit.

I made fireworks when a teenager, but I don't think it was illegal at the time, and I got through my teens with all my fingers and both eyes.

Edited by kallend

I just about burnt my school down in grade seven when my science experiment entitled "Explosives" went awry. I had nitroglycerin, gunpowder, black powder and a base primer material.

About two ounces of black powder was ignited in a tinfoil plate within the main auditorium. By the time the flames died down the wood table underneath was burnt a half way through.After that I decided the completion of the nitroglycerin demonstration should be aborted and I threw it into a snowbank outside the auditorium doors. Not one teacher said anything about anything that occurred. In retrospect there must have not been fire alarms in the area because the flames were at least 12' high.

When about 11 years old a ad in a national magazine  appealed to me. It was a new color printer that offered resolution matching that of the $100 bill. So after the calculations as to how many would need to be printed to pay for it. My letter was off to the manufacturer. A week later two salesmen showed up at the door. My mother had to put them straight and my career as a counterfeiter was at an end.

On 7/4/2020 at 9:42 PM, wmw999 said:

Check each one you’ve committed, and not been sentenced to jail, fine, or prison

I ran from the cops in my 20s.  Had about a good 15-20 yard jump, but I thought better of it, knelt down and put my hands on my head.  A few seconds later it felt like I was hit by a mac truck, handcuffed, beaten in my head, face and everywhere else - maced repeatedly.  I tried digging my face into the gravel to escape the mace, but the cop dug his hand into the gravel and released what seemed to be an entire can into my eye.  They completely fucked me up and I had that moment when you feel that this is it, that I'm literally going to die like this.  And let me tell you, when you really can't breathe, there is no way you can say you can't breathe.

Was never charged or sentenced to jail, fines or prison for fleeing police - gotta love that white privilege, eh?

26 minutes ago, Coreece said:

And let me tell you, when you really can't breathe, there is no way you can say you can't breathe.

I guess George Floyd is still alive then. And Eric Garner. And James brown. And Willie Ray Banks*. And Byron Williams. And... well just a shitload of people.

*(Pay close attention to that one, the cop is as ignorant as you on how suffocation works.)

45 minutes ago, Coreece said:

And let me tell you, when you really can't breathe, there is no way you can say you can't breathe.

That does nothing to explain why you are still alive!

14 minutes ago, jakee said:

I guess George Floyd is still alive then. And Eric Garner. And James brown. And Willie Ray Banks*. And Byron Williams. And... well just a shitload of people.

People in respiratory distress will use the shorthand of "I can't breath" when they are in distress and can only speak with difficulty. It is simply the least number of words you can use to get the message out while you still can. No one should ever just ignore those words because they may be a lie.

20 minutes ago, jakee said:
51 minutes ago, Coreece said:

*(Pay close attention to that one, the cop is as ignorant as you on how suffocation works.)

You're right, that was an irresponsible statement. I was speaking of my own experience and it shouldn't be extrapolated.

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

People in respiratory distress will use the shorthand of "I can't breath" when they are in distress and can only speak with difficulty. It is simply the least number of words you can use to get the message out while you still can. No one should ever just ignore those words because they may be a lie.

Agreed.

• Like 2

Just now, Coreece said:

You're right, that was an irresponsible statement. I was speaking of my own experience and it shouldn't be extrapolated.

I know, you were assumed to be making a judgement upon others when I could see that you were also relating your experience. It's hard these days.

(edited)

Playing with explosis as A kid, underage drinking (should be seperated from bying underage alchohol, since In my eyes a bit more serious), experience pot smoking, drunk driving in Z-hills (was told, just get behind the railway track, the police can not follow you :E btw I was 19 and had my brothers id so I could buy alchohol, and get in to the local bars) trespassing became my crime for 18 years after that trip to USA where I made my first jump from Orange city antenna. Driving to fast stopped by police on higway, where the cops pulled the guns on us. However my crimes have been in Usa false id, Underage drinking, trespassing, diu, driving to fast, and pot smoking. We also jumped intoxicated as well a few times but that is not a crime? 

Edited by 434

The staff SGT who was there the day I signed my Army contract told me, after looking thru my paperwork, "never admit guilt, even if they saw you do it". I was arrested for a "controlled substance" and having a pipe. It amounted to just a pipe full of weed as per the amount... It was thrown out of court due to unlawful search/seizure on the cops end. Long story short, even though I wasn't convicted, the CHARGE doesn't go away (even with an exspungement). ANY job that looks at a true background check can dig that shit up... TRUST ME! 

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

I have been lucky in my youth. Where I lived and which family I came from played a very big part in that.

Edited to add: so lucky with regards to where and to whom I was born.

It’s good when a person understands that.

• Like 2

Shop-lifting and petty theft.

Smoke marijuana and hashish.

I started drinking under-age in Saskatchewan and at least 2 other provinces, plus the Northwest Territories.

I drove myself home - drunk - hundreds of times. Conversations with 3 different cops when I was DUI, but they never ticketed me.

Driven without a license. Driven without insurance. Driven with expired license plates (brief conversation with a police constable, but no written record). Driven a fuel truck with no formal training. Speeding. Roaring through stop signs (got a ticket).

Trespassed. Trespassed on a bridge before I fell off. Luckily I wore a parachute. The stupidest thing about that was walking on the autobahn!

Crossed a few borders without proper documentation.

Fondled and fired a variety of machine-guns after they were prohibited for civilians.

Done exhibition jumps from 2,000 feet above sea level. Free fallen through clouds. Flown my canopy through clouds. Done a few night tandems ... er late sunset. Did tandems with under-age girls before they were banned. Done exhibition jumps with tandem students ... before they were banned.

Continued VFR flight in miserable visibility. Flew across the Strait of Northumberland, too low to glide to shore .... ' cus of low clouds. Landed after official sunset.

Stole an entire car off the side of Burnaby Mountain and am whittling away at the second wrecked car.

5 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Shop-lifting and petty theft.

Smoke marijuana and hashish.

I started drinking under-age in Saskatchewan and at least 2 other provinces, plus the Northwest Territories.

I drove myself home - drunk - hundreds of times. Conversations with 3 different cops when I was DUI, but they never ticketed me.

Driven without a license. Driven without insurance. Driven with expired license plates (brief conversation with a police constable, but no written record). Driven a fuel truck with no formal training. Speeding. Roaring through stop signs (got a ticket).

Trespassed. Trespassed on a bridge before I fell off. Luckily I wore a parachute. The stupidest thing about that was walking on the autobahn!

Crossed a few borders without proper documentation.

Fondled and fired a variety of machine-guns after they were prohibited for civilians.

Done exhibition jumps from 2,000 feet above sea level. Free fallen through clouds. Flown my canopy through clouds. Done a few night tandems ... er late sunset. Did tandems with under-age girls before they were banned. Done exhibition jumps with tandem students ... before they were banned.

Continued VFR flight in miserable visibility. Flew across the Strait of Northumberland, too low to glide to shore .... ' cus of low clouds. Landed after official sunset.

Stole an entire car off the side of Burnaby Mountain and am whittling away at the second wrecked car.

I know you're mad at me for filling in the pond and banning 270's and greater but I'll always have a slot for someone with such impeccable credentials.