Spooky52

Skyride?

At the risk of showing my ignorance (I was away from the sport for 32 years until 4 years ago, would someone please explain to me what the Skyride deal is and what problems have been had from them? I read the "sticky" and it didn't really explain anything. Thanks in advance.
Jim
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!

Do a search for 1 800 Skyride and all your questions will be answered, but to outline it, it's a big internet scam being ran by Cary Quattrocchi, and what's now known as "Skydive Georgia". Basically, they have a vast network of thousands of websites that advertise to offer skydiving, Hot Air Balloon rides, Race car driving, war bird rids, even limo rides in each and every city in America, but the truth is that there are VERY VERY few DZ's that actually accept their bullshit gift certificates.
I think it was around 3 years ago, they shut down the "1 800 Skyride" business name and changed everything over to new names, and they routinely change the names, so it could be anything next week!
How it works in, the unsuspecting customer, who knows nothing about skydiving, or the other venues, does an internet search for whatever experience they are looking for, they a bunch of websites that offer whatever experience in , the customer calls the phone number on the site, the sale rep tells them the experience will be conducted in the customer's own city, the customer gives them their credit card number, then, after several months of trying to get their skydive (or whatever), they are told the place closed, or noved to Atlanta, or whatever other flimsy excuse they can come up with, but the truth is, they were always located in Cedartown, Ga!
The customers, all too often give up, and write it off as a loss, which skyride wins, but there are quite a few who pursue it legally after they learn the truth that there never was a way to redeem the gift certificate in the advertised location and they educate themselves about the scam! as history would have it, they almost always do the shell game, and close the company name down that's being sued to avoid prosecution. They tried the shell game here in Nashville, but myself and a few other skydivers kept the city legal team informed of their tactics.
The have been sued many times, and they always manage to avoid paying up! And they are currently facing legal action in Georgia for the second time, this time, the state is being more comprehensive in their investigation! B|
To see the sites, just do a Google search for Skydiving in any city in America, then, the same search in other cities, you'll find the same sites it other cities.
Hope that helps.

Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org