1 1
airdvr

Couple recorded pulling weapons on protesters outside their St. Louis home

On 6/18/2021 at 10:18 AM, Phil1111 said:

As if campaigning for a a senate seat already “I’d do it again,” he said from the courthouse steps in downtown St. Louis. “Any time the mob approaches me, I’ll do what I can to put them in imminent threat of physical injury because that’s what kept them from destroying my house and my family.”

Yeah, that was a "mob."  And they weren't approaching him, they were passing him by.  Sad thing is that his potential voters will accept this statement.

4 hours ago, TriGirl said:

Yeah, that was a "mob."  And they weren't approaching him, they were passing him by.  Sad thing is that his potential voters will accept this statement.

His supporters love everything about that event. The court would have acquitted him and the DA would not have charged him if the pair was truly defending their home.His supporters love the idea of a AR-15, "defending the home", confronting "liberal Black supporters". Even more so now they are "victims" of a liberal DA.

4 hours ago, TriGirl said:

Well, he has a point. IIRC every other house on that block that didn't have armed nutters standing outside was in fact completely destroyed..... right?

On 6/21/2021 at 8:06 AM, jakee said:

Well, he has a point. IIRC every other house on that block that didn't have armed nutters standing outside was in fact completely destroyed..... right?

Completely torched. And they managed to break down an unlocked antique wrought iron gate (which was probably just a piece of shit and in disrepair prior to the protest).

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53891184

2 hours ago, Westerly said:

Good. If some ass hole protestors show up on someone’s private property fucking off they should get a gun in the face and a police request to GTFO off their property. 

I see that the subtlety, grace and deepness of thought with which you approach the topic of COVID-19 apply to other topics as well...good to know. 

• Like 3

On 7/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, mistercwood said:

I'm just surprised* that a year after the event there are still people who aren't aware that the protestors never left the sidewalk, there was no trespass on the couple's property.

*Not actually surprised.

I believe the neighbourhood they were in is private and one has to pass through a gate to enter. If they were not invited, then even on the sidewalk they were technically trespassing.

22 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I believe the neighbourhood they were in is private and one has to pass through a gate to enter. If they were not invited, then even on the sidewalk they were technically trespassing.

In the US that can vary depending on the community and how it is designated.

For example, The community that I lived at in Tampa for years was a gated community with a security gate. That being said, the roads in the community were public roads maintained by the county not paid for by the community. Even though they are in a gated community, they are public and the community can't keep you off of them.

Technically, you could tell the guard at the gate that it was none of their business where you were going or why and they actually can't keep you out. You would have a fight on your hands, but you would likely win.

13 minutes ago, okalb said:

In the US that can vary depending on the community and how it is designated.

For example, The community that I lived at in Tampa for years was a gated community with a security gate. That being said, the roads in the community were public roads maintained by the county not paid for by the community. Even though they are in a gated community, they are public and the community can't keep you off of them.

Technically, you could tell the guard at the gate that it was none of their business where you were going or why and they actually can't keep you out. You would have a fight on your hands, but you would likely win.

Agreed. I seem to remember from when this happened the above was not the case for this area. Though the area was frequently used a short-cut, which makes it unlike a trespassing charge would stick without having bene explicitly asked to leave. But, that doesn't change that they likely were already on private property without an invitation.

52 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Absolutely correct in the broader sense, in that yes, the protestors were on privately owned property in terms of the community they entered.

My point is that they never stepped onto the couple's property specifically - they reacted only to the couple pointing weapons at them (with horrifyingly negligent trigger-discipline).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Absolutely correct in the broader sense, in that yes, the protestors were on privately owned property in terms of the community they entered.

My point is that they never stepped onto the couple's property specifically - they reacted only to the couple pointing weapons at them (with horrifyingly negligent trigger-discipline).

And this was covered a while back (no, I'm not going back through 8 pages to find it).

The street & sidewalk where the protesters were IS private property.

But the two idiots with guns did NOT have control of that property, nor the authority to order the protesters off of it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

And this was covered a while back (no, I'm not going back through 8 pages to find it).

But the two idiots with guns did NOT have control of that property, nor the authority to order the protesters off of it.

^This.

From my reading on the subject, the idiots have a longstanding argument with the HOA over where their property line is. The following is a summary. 

Yellow line: Actual property line. (Ends at the North edge of the sidewalk, and is a straight line).

Red line: Where the idiots are claiming it is. (Up to the street pavement, curving to follow the street.)

Note the gate labeled in cyan where the protestors entered. So if the property line was where the idiots claim it to be, the protestors would have been on their property. But it is not.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 18.19.33.png

43 minutes ago, kallend said:

And they are pardoned by the governor!

Can’t have criminals running for government. One of them will be tapped for a US Congress run within the next 2 years I’d imagine. Both sides have made a habit of pardoning some pretty awful and undeserving people, but the Republican trend of idolising the people who needed pardoning is bizarre.

On 7/13/2021 at 5:49 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Agree

The authority to prohibit the protestors access to the mayors house did not exist for the armed idiot lawyers. Thats why they PLEAD GUILTY. Why they paid fines and agreed to forfeit their weapons.

Now an idiot governor has gifted them with pardons. Lawyer-politicians in America, truly the entitled ones.